Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
rodel;1773679 said:
Its likely that a replica of the Kaminari would cost more that $300...but i doubt $600. This wing would be complicated to make.
I was just throwing out a ballpark figure, of course I have no idea what their pricing structure looks like. :)

Either way, just having the option would be nice...

lithium14;1773672 said:
well... i was beat to it. I wonder if the new owner would like to take up the burden of providing mold material lol...
Can always ask if Scruggs is willing to suggest that to the new owner, get with Shine on it...

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
I'll put money down on one right now for between 300 and 450. These wings are the shizz and i will have one. I'd like to point out that normally when i replica is made they have a test piece that has to be fitted to a car and modified before the final producation mold is made. This means that whoever makes the replica must have a MK3 to test fit the pieces on or it will be just another knock off piece of crap... anyways if this every does get to be a thing my money is all in. also just throwing this out there but i have contacted the site mentioned earlier that may have a similar item to get pics of the actual spoiler... It the pics are too my liking i will most likely order it as i can handle any fitment issues that may arise and then let everyone know how it is.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Chaingun;1778671 said:
I'll put money down on one right now for between 300 and 450. These wings are the shizz and i will have one. I'd like to point out that normally when i replica is made they have a test piece that has to be fitted to a car and modified before the final producation mold is made. This means that whoever makes the replica must have a MK3 to test fit the pieces on or it will be just another knock off piece of crap... anyways if this every does get to be a thing my money is all in. also just throwing this out there but i have contacted the site mentioned earlier that may have a similar item to get pics of the actual spoiler... It the pics are too my liking i will most likely order it as i can handle any fitment issues that may arise and then let everyone know how it is.

Better double your money. I doubt you'll ever find one for 300-450. Last one sold in a couple days for $600...

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
a replica could go for that amount if it were to be made, and i have that much sitting around from an old set of rims i just sold. I have contacted and am waiting to hear back from this site http://www.ilovebodykits.com, i understand that they have had bad reviews, and also that they are not rated exceptionally well with the BBB (B+]http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revi...itscom-in-La-Puente-CA-100088777#reasonrating, however i am willing to open lines of communtication with them and see what happens and i will keep everyone posted. If i do end up ordering one and it's a good quality piece we'll have a source for a decent price.

Last edited:

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
As most expected i was not able to locate a kaminari wing, however i was able to get in touch with C7 who may be interested in reproducing the wing. What we will most likely need is a donor wing, enough buyers and i believe we'll need permission for a group buy as well.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Chaingun;1783744 said:
very good question hoping someone will step forward with one lol if not i'll be combing ebay forever and ever

Sounds gGood luck with the search!

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Kaminari love.

p1784013_1.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
dubsupra209;1784183 said:
why you teasing us? lol

Just bringing back the Kaminari! Lol. What is interesting is that when this was in production...not many people cared for it. To top it off, this is a US product.

Flush with the bumper.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
zdaeng;1784557 said:
Rodel, I can't find the radio antenna on your Kaminari spoiler. Does this spoiler made for non antenna version?
Most likely filled in the hole if there was one. My Regulus has a hole for the antenna, that is definitely getting filled, on account of my listening to the radio for about 5 minutes a year...

SlimLim

May 21, 2006
Australia
rodel;1784192 said:
Just bringing back the Kaminari! Lol. What is interesting is that when this was in production...not many people cared for it. To top it off, this is a US product.

Styling back then was urghh...i mean look at some of the stuff abflug/regulus put out. As much as i want one, don't replicate the kaminari wing, keep it rare, and keep teasing us with awesome pics.

Makes me wish i never passed up on the kaminari i spotted on yahoo jp 2 yrs ago. I thought there might be more if i passed it up. Still haven't seen another pop up.