Wiring Harness Terminals

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Try checking with figgie. If anyone knows, I'm willing to bet that he would. He's a wiring nut.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Figgie, I assume the Sumitomo MT series is equivalent to the majority of our wiring harness? (looking through that catalogue i posted, many of the connectors look like those on our engine harness)

I've found a site that sells quite a few varieties of the sumitomo terminals, although they do not have the male terminals listed for the MT series. I may have to send them off an email... http://www.automotivewiringsystems.com/4-40-products.htm

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well Summitomo is Japanese so it will not surprise me one bit that they do spply to Honda, Toyota, Mazda etc. Thankfully the Auto industry has gotten thier stuff together with exchanging parts with similiar from competitors.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah, this site has pretty much every single terminal/connector I was looking for. Nice to see they have the H4 headlight connector as well...as they are no longer available from toyota.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
out of curiosity this is kinda related along these lines, can the factory ecu plugs be re pinned ie the 3 large connectors that feed into the ecu.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I would think the ECU connectors are soldered straight onto the PCB inside the ECU so you would probably need to use a soldering iron and pull the old pin out of the board but it shouldn't be too much trouble.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supraguru05;1232345 said:
out of curiosity this is kinda related along these lines, can the factory ecu plugs be re pinned ie the 3 large connectors that feed into the ecu.

Be more specific. Depending on how you read your post, you could be talking about either the wiring harness side, or the ECU side.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
shaeff;1236923 said:
Be more specific. Depending on how you read your post, you could be talking about either the wiring harness side, or the ECU side.

i appologize i am asking about the wiring harness side. namely due to a botched knock sensor rewire a couple years ago i would love to run fresh wire using the kit i purchased from you a little bit ago, since the place where i spliced into the factory harness a long time ago is really close to the connector leaving me almost no room to work.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
adampecush;1230597 said:
Yeah, this site has pretty much every single terminal/connector I was looking for. Nice to see they have the H4 headlight connector as well...as they are no longer available from toyota.

Maybe not the exact ones that came on the MK3 aren't, but Toyota still uses H4 bulbs, just get the connector for one of them, maybe?

Jeff

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Fuck yeah, mailman arrived today...

My crimper and I are going to have some fun!

p1268300_1.jpg

wow I'm a nerd.

dreamweaver13

Feb 5, 2006
milford, MI
Adam,

Looks like you bought the 4 terminal MT connector. I was looking to buy the same part, but I couldn't verify if it was interchangeable with the stock connectors.

For example. I need to replace the harness-side connector at the CPS (green 4 terminal). From the pictures, it doesn't look like the MT or HM connectors are interchangeable. If I have to replace both sides of the connector, I may as well buy something more local.

thanks
Jordan

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
dreamweaver13;1272300 said:
Adam,

Looks like you bought the 4 terminal MT connector. I was looking to buy the same part, but I couldn't verify if it was interchangeable with the stock connectors.

For example. I need to replace the harness-side connector at the CPS (green 4 terminal). From the pictures, it doesn't look like the MT or HM connectors are interchangeable. If I have to replace both sides of the connector, I may as well buy something more local.

thanks
Jordan

the connectors themselves are not interchangable, but the pins are exactly the same. You can de-pin and install a new plug pretty easily. I did this for my fuel injectors to avoid chopping up my harness.

edit: I've got 3 old wiring harnesses kicking around and could probably de-pin one of the connectors you are looking for and send it to you...pm me if you want.

Last edited: