Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Will 18 x 9.5 + 35 all the way around fit? If so, what tires out front and what tires out back? Not looking for super stretched and willing to roll. Sorry for my numerous questions on this topic

Bud2weiser3

Nov 23, 2010
NY
I have a nice 5 spoke set of wheels fronts are 17x8 +30 rears are 17x9 +35
(bolt pattern is 5x114.3) looking for advice on tire sizes and makes I like a little tire on my rims low pros with next to no tire to rim is not for me. practical , long tredlife,comfort is how my cars set up and looking for tires in that area.

(car is a bone stock cruiser with intake and soon hks 3" piping from turbo back) and thanks for advice on catback Nur spec was way too aggressive for me and from your reviews superdragger is the way to go
(is dragger2 catback design tuck it up into the car more? Im tryen to get away from haven that big canester look in the back of the car??

you all are the best and I have to get around to pics if my work and puppy will ever give me time away to play with my fav toy .

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
With all due respect, gentlemen...there are 227 pages in this thread. Would you consider performing due diligence by reading preceeding information? The majority of the questions about wheels, tires, suspension combination, etc..have cookie cutter answers. It's almost guaranteed that the answers are in preceding pages.

Last edited:

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
rodel;1683602 said:
With all due respect, gentlemen...there are 227 pages in this thread. Would you consider performing due diligence by reading preceeding information? The majority of the questions about wheels, tires, suspension combination, etc..have cookie cutter answers. It's almost guaranteed that the answers are in preceding pages.
I would have to agree. I am sure this is partially directed at me, however in none of the preceding pages did I see a question about the fitment I asked about. I did see the measuring and offset calculator posted, and I guess I just need to stop being lazy and check it out. Time to do some measurements I suppose. It would be nice if someone could post max allowable parameters for stock fenders. If/when I do my measurements to calculate I guess I will post them.

Also, I am not trying to be defensive, Rodel you make a very good point. I think most (including me) are just lazy haha.

Last edited:

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
Supraflymk3;1683630 said:
i'd rather not read 2000 some pages when i'm sure someone could just come right out and give me an answer. you don't need to be a dick. and i messed up offsets are visa versa

how is anyone being a dick, if anything you are being lazy,

sorry if not everyone on here wants to spoon feed you

it would take 10 seconds to go to the first page and look for a similar size you are interested in and click the highlighted blue link which would take you to a post that shows that particular size/tire combo

zombie

Mar 5, 2006
Midland, Perth, WA, Australia
rodel;1683602 said:

227 pages?!? damn

I only got 46, but I did up my posts per page option in usercp ;)

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Shame that the 1st post isn't being updated, it would have saved a lot of posts (for those who aren't experienced searching first).

I might take som time one day, extending 1st post with more fitments, if a moderator is willing to edit and paste the post.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
hcorea;1683038 said:
Will 17x7.5 on both front and rear fit with 42mm offset and 5.90'' backspace?
They'll fit, but will be sunk in.

BigKO;1683094 said:
Will 18 x 9.5 + 35 all the way around fit? If so, what tires out front and what tires out back? Not looking for super stretched and willing to roll. Sorry for my numerous questions on this topic
Yes. 265/35 or 275/35 all around. A good roll will be needed up front.

Bud2weiser3;1683382 said:
I have a nice 5 spoke set of wheels fronts are 17x8 +30 rears are 17x9 +35
(bolt pattern is 5x114.3) looking for advice on tire sizes and makes I like a little tire on my rims low pros with next to no tire to rim is not for me. practical , long tredlife,comfort is how my cars set up and looking for tires in that area.
225/45 or 235/45 front,
245/40 or 255/40 rear.
Treadwear in the 300+

With high confidence, I could say that if everyone searched this thread by using the "search thread," the answers will be found. As I mentioned, the same questions have been asked multiple times. The majority of MK3 owners run common wheel/tire setup.

To see if a wheel will fit, may I suggest starting out by:

1. Find out how much gap you have in your current setup by finding the distance between your current wheels and the innermost portion of the fender lip.
2 use this calculator http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp. plug in the specs of your current and future setup to find out if your future setup will fit.
3. If u find out your future wheels don't fit, u could either roll your fenders or go with a different wheels setup, then repeat step 2.

FYI, here's a page that has good reference and tools:
http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp

Last edited:

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
rodel;1683897 said:
Yes. 265/35 or 275/35 all around. A good roll will be needed up front.

Thanks a bunch. This is a side question, but this is something that makes me curious. If I go with this width of tire up front, how bad will the car follow the lines of the road? I have heard that it can happen but don't have much experience with it. The supra is heavier, so I was wondering if it would be that big of a deal. I daily drive my car BTW as that definitely affects the answer.

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I have been wanting snow tires for a long time now, and I may have ran into some luck. A friend is trying to get rid of his 16x7 +45 with blizaks on them, will they fit? The stock size is 16x7 +37, the +45s would be less than a cm closer to the strut tower.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
Supraflymk3;1683663 said:
I looked at the first 10 pages and didn't find an answer i was looking for.

I timed myself an read the first ten pages in 5 minutes. And i got to enjoy wonderful pictures of stance. Dont you just love STANCE? yum. Anyways, it took me five mins to read it and english is my 2nd language :/

Bud2weiser3

Nov 23, 2010
NY
Any input on TSW wheels? good bad ???? inperticular the" Carthrage" wheels Fronts 18x8 or 17x8 with 1.75 lip and 18x9.5 with 3" lip my only concern is they only come with 2 off sets + 20 and + 40 so im thinken of going 40 if stock is +37 right??? m,y set-up is compleatly stock and i dont want to deal with rolling fenders etc. also io want some meat on my tires and not super low profiles.... or will i have to have super low profiles because its 18" rims?

what do youy think about running 17 in front and 18s in back on stock suspention?>?

I have read most of this thread and as soon as i think i got it some new info throws me for a loop....

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
How well would the TRD 10 Spoke camry wheels fit on the mkiii?
Wheel is 18" x 7.5" with a 45 mm offset bolt pattern 114.3mm

285204%20x1.gif

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
18x9 et15
18x10 et37

I know the back will fit, and with a 10 or 12mm spacer will be nice and flush, but I'm wondering about the front offset, seems like it might be too low. opinions?

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
Apollonius;1687729 said:
How well would the TRD 10 Spoke camry wheels fit on the mkiii?
Wheel is 18" x 7.5" with a 45 mm offset bolt pattern 114.3mm

285204%20x1.gif

yes the will fit they wil also look funny because they well be more sunk in the stock wheels, you will need spacers.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

BigKO;1683634 said:
I would have to agree. I am sure this is partially directed at me, however in none of the preceding pages did I see a question about the fitment I asked about. I did see the measuring and offset calculator posted, and I guess I just need to stop being lazy and check it out. Time to do some measurements I suppose. It would be nice if someone could post max allowable parameters for stock fenders. If/when I do my measurements to calculate I guess I will post them.

Also, I am not trying to be defensive, Rodel you make a very good point. I think most (including me) are just lazy haha.

yes they will fit the front will stick out a little more then the rear a 5 to 10mm spacer can be used to fix this run a 235/40 in the front and a 255/35 in the back good luck

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Enraged;1687881 said:
18x9 et15
18x10 et37

I know the back will fit, and with a 10 or 12mm spacer will be nice and flush, but I'm wondering about the front offset, seems like it might be too low. opinions?

you can make it work, the front is going to need roll and pull,