Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Went for a ride without the targa last year (from what I'm assuming was it's first time in the 18 years its been around) and now it leaks and its noisy

(.__.) . . .

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Do you have a targa tool..?

it's like $15 for both pieces brand new for Toyota. Also you need to tighten it in order, and on a level surface and if necessary, re-tighten it after a few miles of driving..

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
RazoE;1260640 said:
Do you have a targa tool..?

it's like $15 for both pieces brand new for Toyota. Also you need to tighten it in order, and on a level surface and if necessary, re-tighten it after a few miles of driving..

Oh I knew all that prior, it just wouldn't have happen if I hadn't done it altogether lol

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Mixed up the bolts for the shifter plate and the rubber covers for the shifter, when changing the bushings. I think proceeded to break not just one, but two bolts in the transmission shifter section. What a screwfest it was getting those out.

I now heavily practice the "think before you do" things system of automotive work.

Pyrite

Jun 25, 2008
Yamhill, Or
I bought my first in the middle of an auto to manual swap without knowing anything about the car. Get the thing all put together and ready to go and low in behold ... BHG of coarse. Get that fixed drive it for awhile clutch slippin like mad.... because i put the clutch disk in backwards. Then I buy another. Its an 87 its white and the top end has been removed for about 2 months but the price is right. The next one is all my brother. He spends all the money getting the head re done so he can ditch his honda and drive the NA while we build a motor for it. Well as he was re-assembling the motor the timing belt skips some teeth. He didn't bother to check. Well after some clanking and banging and being like WHAT the F!!! Did we realize what he had done. We fixed the timing but the damage was done. Still runs just a little funny. Runs "better" every time we start it I swear. Then as he is adjusting the ignition timing he leans in and.... did i mention the fan has no shroud.... he cracks the fan with his fore arm. So we remove the fan and thermostat. Runs great doesn't over heat and sounds like some sort of monster (cut the muffler off). Ya we learned alot.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
I took my supra to "professional" because i didn't trust myself to do a rebuild.

I'm having to do a re-rebuild, and I'm doing it myself this time around.

the bastard stole a bunch of parts from me and did a shitty job on the rebuild.

caugh* VDP motorsports and tuning* cough* bastard theif liar *cough* steve vang*cough*

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
i didnt drive my car for a month because it was throwing a code 31, was running like garbage and i was having a hard time finding a new map sensor, finally got it after $150 and turns out i just had the safc on the wrong setting :3d_frown:.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
ERA;1262324 said:
You really are clueless lol ;)

I should be a few parts shy of a running supra for once...only problem is now I can't get anybody to give me a hand to drop the motor in....unless I pay them money but I don't have that.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Clueless;1264423 said:
I should be a few parts shy of a running supra for once...only problem is now I can't get anybody to give me a hand to drop the motor in....unless I pay them money but I don't have that.

Thats what friends, a case of beer, and 2 large pizzas are for. If I was closer I would help you out.