Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

LoveMySupra

Aug 3, 2008
Socal - USA
Drove it drunk on a route that I normally get a little tire squeaky on and..
Crashed it trying to be a pro drifter. Broke a tie-rod. Crawled home on the FWY with a max speed of 15mph. Got to my exit an hour later and a Highway Patrol speeds by to a screeching stop. I spend the night in the poky with a dui ticket and had to pay the impound lot the next day.

Driving drunk = stupidest thing I've ever done to myself and my Supra!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
um no I disagree with the sliding part that is why the seats are ajustable. Mine have never burnt my ass unlike my steering wheel and as far as cracking that is taken care of with leather conditioner. Not to bust balls but isn't your drives side seat ripped? on the right lumbar support?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
mattsplat72;1257113 said:
um no I disagree with the sliding part that is why the seats are ajustable. Mine have never burnt my ass unlike my steering wheel and as far as cracking that is taken care of with leather conditioner. Not to bust balls but isn't your drives side seat ripped? on the right lumbar support?

Yes it is, but that was done by the previous owner. The rest of my interior minus the arm rest is mint.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Ok, I'm gonna take the cake here for the most pathetic entry...

I replaced the armrest in my 88 with one that I pick up from another forum guy for practically nothing. Nice guy. Well, the one I put on as the replacement had that wonderful little black plastic clip that locks the armrest in place when closed, which my original didn't. I was happy.

About a month later I grabbed a can of soda and tossed it in the car, but never drank it, and it ended up in the center console. Then I forgot about it. Another month goes by and we're in the dead of an upstate NY winter, and the damned can explodes. The mess was incredible, but easy to clean, but THE DAMNED PLASTIC CLIPPY THING BROKE!!!

I'm still pissed about that. Do you know how hard it is to find those clippy things?!?!? I still have the top half of that can (turned inside out from the explosion) in my trunk as a reminder not to be stupid around my car.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
kikdurazz;1256800 said:
Not thinking about what future mods would be planned down the road. basically paying for mod improvements 3 to 4 times.
true that shoulda planned it all out the first time, oh well live and learn...., i had not found this site the first 2 months of owning my car, nor did i know much about the VERY IMPORTANT but THEY said "little things" they being some friends of mine, they were....well...tinkerers, very talented tinkerers at that but they gave me a few suggestions as "cheap power adders" on my car lol, now don't punch me because i have since learned VERY much and smack myself every time i think about this but....
they suggested to remove the pcv system, i said why they said word for word..."do you know what egr stands for?" i said, "no," they said "EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION, so you want to put your hot ass exhaust directly back into your motor?" and i said, "no" so i replaced the the system with a plug on the tb and filters on the valve covers lol.
Also, they said the honeycomb on the afm was "restrictive" so i proceeded to tear it out with needle nosed pliers as per their instruction lmao:icon_bigg
oh and i was oh so anxious to put my ssq on, i cut a hole in the plastic ic piping and secured the bov with a ring of rtv and two worm clamps! lmao but it still managed to work! I know it was all extremely stupidbut have since enlighted myself and have no need for brash criticism.

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
yea i have a nice motor we spent prob 250 hours while building it to detail at and make it super pretty so i go to the car shows with no hood on (my girlfriend hates it) well one day i didnt take it off for 3 days because i had 2 car shows back to back and i went to the movies and got rained on it filled the valleys with water and shorted out my spark plug wires then i left it running when i tryed to get the water out with a towel because i was at a gas station and i got shoked and burned by the water then i had to change all my wires and plugs and i ruined 2 of my coil packs talk about a bad day

Last edited:

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
ha! i was drivin home from school and doing my usual 15 past the speed limit .i got stuck at what seemed like every possible stoplight (more like 4).i go really angry and was the first car at the light and decided to drop the clutch.........at 4 grand as i was spinning i realized there was a full fleged expedition patrol car behind me......

so i was like fuckkkkkkk i just drove as normal as i could he fallowed me for like 5 minutes then walked up to my window at a red light(red lights....).do you know y im here right now i was like no.He said "do you remember when you lit it up back there a few lights ago".I said umm yea. He said in exact words whats more important me giving you a ticket and towing your car or telling you not to do that again so that you wont hurt yourself or others in the future" .I said im sorry officer i wont do that again he said have a nice day and let me ride off.To this day he is the coolest cop i have ever met.

btw thats not the dumbest thing ive done to my supra.......let my friend drive it....race it.against an si.redline 1st redline 2nd going to 3rd redlining but puts it into 1st at redLINE!!!!.BLOWS MY CLUTCH

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
neodeuccio;1257130 said:
ok, i'm gonna take the cake here for the most pathetic entry...

I replaced the armrest in my 88 with one that i pick up from another forum guy for practically nothing. Nice guy. Well, the one i put on as the replacement had that wonderful little black plastic clip that locks the armrest in place when closed, which my original didn't. I was happy.

About a month later i grabbed a can of soda and tossed it in the car, but never drank it, and it ended up in the center console. Then i forgot about it. Another month goes by and we're in the dead of an upstate ny winter, and the damned can explodes. The mess was incredible, but easy to clean, but the damned plastic clippy thing broke!!!

I'm still pissed about that. Do you know how hard it is to find those clippy things?!?!? I still have the top half of that can (turned inside out from the explosion) in my trunk as a reminder not to be stupid around my car.

you win!

SupraCobra

Feb 4, 2009
Melbourne, FL
LMAO I was changing my alternator and forgot to disconnect the battery...
Ended up grounding it and blowing my main fuse (11:00pm) so i had to wait till the next morning to replace the fuse which is a major b1tch on the MkIII...

Also put transmission stop-leak in with the brake fluid when i first got the car... F'd up my Brake master cylinder...

SupraCobra

Feb 4, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Neodeuccio;1257130 said:
Ok, I'm gonna take the cake here for the most pathetic entry...

I replaced the armrest in my 88 with one that I pick up from another forum guy for practically nothing. Nice guy. Well, the one I put on as the replacement had that wonderful little black plastic clip that locks the armrest in place when closed, which my original didn't. I was happy.

About a month later I grabbed a can of soda and tossed it in the car, but never drank it, and it ended up in the center console. Then I forgot about it. Another month goes by and we're in the dead of an upstate NY winter, and the damned can explodes. The mess was incredible, but easy to clean, but THE DAMNED PLASTIC CLIPPY THING BROKE!!!

Can we get a pic of the can?

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
forgot to tighten the upper intake pipes to the 3000 pipe... major boost leak:3d_frown:

EDIT: Let my friend tighten the targa on because i was running late for work... he didnt tighten it all the way and one of the bolts slowly came off as i was one the highway. lots of noise and it may have stripped out that part of it. i got it on tight now but im afraid to take it back off.

Last edited: