Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
not sure if this qualifies as done to...done in for sure.

After picking up the 92 driving the 1900 miles from picking it up. I was a few miles from the house. Keep in mind I don't see that well at night. Anyway I decided to open her up. I am hauling ass not knowing that a hwp is behind me. Anyway he pulls me over on my exit. After quite a bit of explaning I was allowed to NOT GO TO JAIL, and leave with my ticket for 130 mph. Thank you very much.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
jugodegolf;1256159 said:

After picking up the 92 driving the 1900 miles from picking it up. I was a few miles from the house. Keep in mind I don't see that well at night. Anyway I decided to open her up. I am hauling ass not knowing that a hwp is behind me. Anyway he pulls me over on my exit. After quite a bit of explaning I was allowed to NOT GO TO JAIL, and leave with my ticket for 130 mph. Thank you very much.

owned:biglaugh:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
jugodegolf;1256159 said:

LOL well if tickets count then, I'm in that club for sure.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
With my first one, the grey 89, I wasn't educated enough yet on supra's so I let a salvage yard replace my ge...twice...with other bad ge's. The first one knocked and the second one had a bhg. I just kept the second one and had it fixed. I then sold the car, which was also a mistake because it was so nice. But I wouldn't have my beauty of a 91 that I have now.

Jay, I love my leather seats. Do you not have a/c?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
battery relocation!

when my IC pipes were being made i should have insisted that he made it work with the battery in place.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
OneJoeZee;1256123 said:

I like them? lol.
My hustle is cars and car parts, on the side of whatever I do, I find one, drive it around for a few months then flip it...Many IL supra owners own my old car lol. Not to mention I drive probably more than anyone on here, so I drive what the avg human drives in a year in about a month and a half :(.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
ahmedootie;1256708 said:
I like them? lol.
My hustle is cars and car parts, on the side of whatever I do, I find one, drive it around for a few months then flip it...Many IL supra owners own my old car lol. Not to mention I drive probably more than anyone on here, so I drive what the avg human drives in a year in about a month and a half :(.

By the many IL supra owners having one of your old cars... I wonder if mine is one of them lol. You're close enough for it to be possible

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
The first time i rebuilt my 7m i accidentally installed the crank gear on backwards.I drove it for about 5 miles without knowing of course till i got home and raised the hood.I noticed that the timing belt was about a half wide! If i hadnt left the cam gear cover off to see it it would have been very bad.

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
Not thinking about what future mods would be planned down the road. basically paying for mod improvements 3 to 4 times.

Ghetto fix, Antenna wouldn't go up or down and was jammed in the up position so cut it off with a hacksaw to be flush with spoiler not I can move it by hand. Reception is limited though lol.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
Moy;1256713 said:
By the many IL supra owners having one of your old cars... I wonder if mine is one of them lol. You're close enough for it to be possible

It is honestly very possible. If it is a car that I have owned, I probably have a key for it somewhere :p lol. There is a dealership in beach park called Lakeside Automotive, on Sheridan ave, btwn yorkhouse and wadsworth, if you go and talk with the kids that are there, you will find half of them own MKIII's as well ;).

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Wow. I know that SupraofDoom's old car is in the lot FS over there, as was a red MK2 not too long ago. I bought my car from Lake County Auto in Waukegan on Greenbay just south of Washington.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gtsfirefighter;1256509 said:
With my first one, the grey 89, I wasn't educated enough yet on supra's so I let a salvage yard replace my ge...twice...with other bad ge's. The first one knocked and the second one had a bhg. I just kept the second one and had it fixed. I then sold the car, which was also a mistake because it was so nice. But I wouldn't have my beauty of a 91 that I have now.

Jay, I love my leather seats. Do you not have a/c?

Yeah, I have AC. I hardly ever use it since I like driving with the top out. I think the cloth seats are just more comfortable.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Buying it. (my first MKIII). I should have waited until something better popped up. It'll be going to the scrapper soon...

And I agree with Jay, the cloth seats are much better than leather as far as comfort go. Of course, that's my opinion. I swapped the gray leather interior out of my black car in favor of a nearly mint condition gray cloth from an '88. Never thought of leather again.

And I don't like the leather that much in my M3, either.