Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
clueless i would be more than happy to help but theres like a 13 hour ride so i'll have to pass.

i bought two non running mkiii's also. got one running with good ol eBay head gasket set and that lasted for 2 months went with Felpro teh second time and it lasted till the rod knock and now i'm doing a gte swap which should be in the car tomorrow. and after that i will get the other car running.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
ms07s;1264557 said:
Thats what friends, a case of beer, and 2 large pizzas are for. If I was closer I would help you out.

Sounds good right now, I wonder how many would take up on that offer...hmm...

89nasupra;1264685 said:
clueless i would be more than happy to help but theres like a 13 hour ride so i'll have to pass.

i bought two non running mkiii's also. got one running with good ol eBay head gasket set and that lasted for 2 months went with Felpro teh second time and it lasted till the rod knock and now i'm doing a gte swap which should be in the car tomorrow. and after that i will get the other car running.

Thanks guys for being thoughtful, it means a lot to me....

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
Clueless;1264695 said:

Dude it's not that hard, just go do it. It took me about four hours to pull my motorset out with no help, just my cat getting in the way.

if you have questions, im sure you can get them answered here.

good luck.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
not getting off the freeway to tighten my good condition stock lip. it fell off. right as i was about to get off.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Stupidest thing....Bought one, sold her, bought another one, sunk a fortune into her, sold her, bought another one, sunk another fortune into this one, then thought about selling her too. And might if i could get a 1j/2j 5spd in decent shape.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Clueless;1264695 said:

Call around. You would be suprised how many people will jump for beer and pizza. Maybe throw a rental movie in to sweeten the deal a bit. You don't even need a car savey crew; just some extra hands and muscle.

hvyman;1265681 said:
not getting off the freeway to tighten my good condition stock lip. it fell off. right as i was about to get off.

That sucks! Good stockers are hard to come by.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
Sat in a 90 supra at the junk yard two years ago and said “I want one” to my ex-wife. Two years later I bought a broke down almost mint exterior 89. All together with car, 1jz swap (including replacing tools my wife was awarded in divorce) 6K and I still never even drove a supra yet. Hope it’s worth the effort.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
beating on the car after i bought it. im still paying for the stuff i broke/messed up now, comes back to haunt me all the time. live and learn i guess ill never do it to that level again.

but it made for good video!

ma70leon

Mar 23, 2009
the road
supaman;1285789 said:
beating on the car after i bought it. Im still paying for the stuff i broke/messed up now, comes back to haunt me all the time. Live and learn i guess ill never do it to that level again.

But it made for good video!

show the video!!!!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
RazoE;1286898 said:
I haven't drilled mine yet for that reason..

I'm a-scared..:aigo:

Use the oem one as a reference. measure twice, drill once.

SupaMan;1286336 said:
and lots of launches and racing around and drifting not caught on film but i suspect the burnouts did the jist of it.

Fun....for a while.