Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I knew a guy that had that happen in his T-top camaro. His were glass though, and was a douche so he deserved it. Good luck with the repair or replacement.

7mMoneyPit

Mar 12, 2009
Baltimore
A week after I bought my car I changed the oil and instantly got rod knock then proceeded to drive 10 miles home.Thanks for putting some thick ass oil in there to hide it bonesmoker!

Having a shop do the engine build, three weeks later bhg.

Taking it back to that shop to warranty bhg, headgasket never sealed from the shop.

Getting tired of pulling motor and pay another shop to put bhg'd motor in.

Driving the car from baltimore to roanoke and back with bhg, blew out coolant like a spigot had to stop every couple of miles to refill, 3hr trip took 8 1/2.

Give up on the supra and leave it sit for 4 years, dog totally destroyed paint and 2 out of three of the wipers. (still like this)

Continue to neglect the supra while I bankrupt myself on an 03 cobra.

Buying that crap ass almost completely worthless ssautochrome 600hp turbo kit. (still using it)

Blow the 100amp main fuse then break plastic around it and bend two sides together to make something closer to 500amp fuse lol. (still like that)

Yank the door closed just a little too hard and break handle at the top bolt. (still like that)

Bypassing the pcv system and use breathers for a few weeks, lost like 6qts of oil over entire time and flooded valley causing a night stuck in dark alley and misfire.:3d_frown:

Then last night when I finally get it running good me and a friend on way home from taco bell decide to play around a little and as soon as we get out of residential areas and no traffic near midnight, he does a third gear pull I leave it in fourth so he gets half a car in front of me until my bigger turbo spools as soon as it does I see a cop sitting on the side of the road, we both slam on our brakes but the cop turns his lights on, my buddy jumps on highway and I go straight well of course cop follows me. I figured maybe 15 over but wasn't sure because my speedo is broke, turns out I get five tickets with a whopping total of $1470 (still unemployed) apparently I was doing 94 in a 45, reckless driving, negligent driving, engaging in a speed contest, and to top it all off my license is suspended because of a $40 ticket I thought I paid. Luckily I didn't go to jail and my girlfriend was with me so she got to drive my car home. :cry:

The tow truck driver looked pissed when I said fuck yeah she can drive stick.:love:

Can't think of anymore right now but got plenty...
If anyone needs to feel better about their day I'll post more.
BTW Is there a prize for the winner?

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
haha if there is a winner. than you should be him.

using home depot plumbing and an intake pipe, and only drilling one hole for the pvc.

Sideways_bob

Banned
Jul 8, 2009
KY
not with the supra but when i moved to america i had a very high horsepower cosworth that i had to sell to get here. i regret it

but then buying a supra for 400usd the day i get here = orgasm

fixed the bhg just need a new water neck and vm

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Paying a shop to fix some rust. Worst idea ever... they thought it was white, not pearl white. I of course did not realize this myself at the time as that the guy was supposed to be a trained "body/paint guy". Yeah, the only body he probably knew anything about was his lover, Anthony.

Most people can't see it, but it's all I see when I look at the car.

And all the rust is back anyway.

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
breaking my back glass with my back wiper blade while filling up gas. 300 bucks later they still cant find the correct replacement glass

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
Trying to remove my 1jz stock turbos while engine is still installed. Its a bitch getting these things off while engine is still installed!

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
mattsplat72;1255439 said:
Letting a shitty shop in Vancover Wa do the first GE 2 GTE swap. I have spent twice as much on fixing their fuck ups and It still isn't 100%
thats what iam going through right now.My car is gte already but still it runs so fken rough as it is and my wiring harness it's kind of messed up

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Buying a Supra that was half-assed more than I'd realized for too much

Doing a Headbolt retorque with a shitty torque wrench (led to me fragging the motor last year)

Not realizing half the shit I needed to do on my rebuild in a certain order...causing more delays than there should've been...lol.

I think that about sums it up for now.

Mark2

Jul 14, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Removing the stock front lip from my 89, and throwing it in the garbage before installing a bomex 3 hole. After 1 month of driving the Bomex was ripped off the car after hitting a dip in the road.