What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I wasted 3500.00 on the first bit of rust repair, only to have to have it redone. Then I wasted money on R&R a dead 57 trim ct26... Followed by wasting more money on stepping up to T4... And buying a used turbo that didn't function on my car...

All my stupid costs were based on learning the best way to go. I didn't believe the correct people and got caught up in a lot if hype... So in the end I look back and could have cut my costs almost in halve if I would have listened to Reg Reimer from the start. (And others here who told me I was being stupid on how I was approaching the build at certain times)

Still not done so there are probably a couple surprises waiting. But I do appreciate my car far more now and it's getting closer to where I want it... Very close.

I don't know if its the HKS Fcon VPro, or Reg's magic... But with this standalone, the 7m is a bit different. We are wondering how much "loose" control that the stock setup has contributes to the 7m failure. It's so wild to see the difference in how the engine runs now. Idle is smoother than I believed possible, fuel control is setup really neat with a rich AFR startup timing (takes 2 minutes to go perfect) and the power curve that used to be so bumpy is now a nice smooth curve. Of course.. Still waiting for the turbo (hopefully this week) to tune it correctly and it will need a summer tune... So we will see just how well it runs very soon.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Replaced hatch plastic cover, that was sent to me FOR FREE by KillerSquirrel. Thanks you very much!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
Fixed my oil leak, which was caused by the dipstick. Also replaced my feed line. So I shouldn't be leaking any oil finally. Have to check in the morning when it's light out for any spots.

Also found out why my wideband was acting up. PO had the wires just taped together, and the tape let go and needless to say my wires for it got chewed up...

Oh well, at least most of the small issues are fixed finally.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2001961 said:
Thanks, my bro's lude is not in the best shape that pic hides his pink spoiler and rear bumper lol the front end is messed up from losing control and crashing into a brick neighborhood sign I was in the car with him when that happened luckily we were going like 20mph or something, so it just messed up the bumper and headlight. My MK3 is in better shape than his lude and my paint isn't changing colors even after 20 years lol.

Yea it's not like breaking the bank or anything just a way to look at it that everyone has told me lol.

Oh, well it looks good in the picture at least. :)

Grandavi;2001984 said:
Yeah, I wasted 3500.00 on the first bit of rust repair, only to have to have it redone. Then I wasted money on R&R a dead 57 trim ct26... Followed by wasting more money on stepping up to T4... And buying a used turbo that didn't function on my car...

All my stupid costs were based on learning the best way to go. I didn't believe the correct people and got caught up in a lot if hype... So in the end I look back and could have cut my costs almost in halve if I would have listened to Reg Reimer from the start. (And others here who told me I was being stupid on how I was approaching the build at certain times)

Still not done so there are probably a couple surprises waiting. But I do appreciate my car far more now and it's getting closer to where I want it... Very close.

I don't know if its the HKS Fcon VPro, or Reg's magic... But with this standalone, the 7m is a bit different. We are wondering how much "loose" control that the stock setup has contributes to the 7m failure. It's so wild to see the difference in how the engine runs now. Idle is smoother than I believed possible, fuel control is setup really neat with a rich AFR startup timing (takes 2 minutes to go perfect) and the power curve that used to be so bumpy is now a nice smooth curve. Of course.. Still waiting for the turbo (hopefully this week) to tune it correctly and it will need a summer tune... So we will see just how well it runs very soon.

Rust scares me... I'm glad we don't really have to deal with that too much down here in the south.

grsupra87;2002019 said:
Replaced hatch plastic cover, that was sent to me FOR FREE by KillerSquirrel. Thanks you very much!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Free parts are the best parts!

grsupra87;2002059 said:
Painted rear badges black. Such a little thing, but I think it looks great.....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Looks good, it's the little things that make a big difference. I never noticed that the TOYOTA emblem on the 89+ molding is actually raised. On the pre 89 it is actually behind the clear plastic stuff that is the molding.

Today I did some testing and determined my hot start issue is caused by a failing fuel pump check valve. At least I am 99% sure that's what it is. I'm going to order a new Denso pump, and get a new filter from Toyota and do all that in one shot.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Chris_87_Turbo;2002076 said:
Where did you find the TRD logo like that. I collect them and put them on my toolbox lid

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where he got his, but you can get them on eBay.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Chris_87_Turbo;2002081 said:
Yeah I saw some of those. I have bought some before and they weren't real. They looked real cheap and colors weren't correct.

Chris

Yeah, that's what has kept me away from those. I don't know if there is a place to get real ones, but if there is I would like to know as well.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Went to watch The Raid 2 with a friend and had a little photoshoot; of course, when we were about to take some pics I saw a bird took a shit on my hood and I washed the car a couple of days ago. Luckily it was fresh and my friend had wet naps in his car, so I cleaned it off lol.
10176030_10202378383675864_7105625163577412400_n.jpg

1661264_10202014870355511_6109308257518870498_n.jpg

10152591_10202014871235533_456254218195056507_n.jpg

i really want to repaint my car but saving that for last after I am done with everything else.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Those TRD emblems I bought last year on ebay. They're not "real" but the quality was good, and they have held up a year so far w/out any weathering or anything. I bought a set of three. I put one on each fender too, to replace the generic WalMart Turbo emblems the PO had put on there.

PO emblem

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now

sm_photo_missing.jpg

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Got my car running but followed by other problems, alt went out got that replaced everything seemed good, started getting hot right by my work, found bottom rad hose leaking from above the PS pump, will have to investigate I know I tightened the hose.