What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
sprigmo1;2002221 said:
View attachment 72640View attachment 72640Tried to clean off some of the oil on the undercarriage. Blew an oil line.

Any more pictures of your car? It looks clean and I like the wheels.

Doat;2002231 said:
I have tons of oil on my undercarriage but it's keeping it from getting rusty lol

It's like free undercoating!

First I rolled over 88,888.8 miles.

Then later I was backing into a parking spot a few spaces down from a Jeep where the guy was sitting in it. He said nice car, and I said thanks. Then he told me to never ever ever sell the car, even if a millionaire offers me a crazy amount of money. I told him I have no plans to ever sell the car to anyone ever. Then he asked what year it was and how many miles were on it. I told him and he almost freaked out. I think he fell in love... I would've stayed and talked to him for another minute but the people I was with showed up and they don't really do cars, especially old ones...

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
i would like to research original mileage when the car camed from germany and was first rgistered. now it has swapped speedo from auto supra and it shows ~88,300 miles but as it was sitting for 8 years real mileage could be very close.

Midwest_Mudder

got alot done. after seein the reds and blues from a statey last night, highbeam passenger side was "out". sure enough even with a new headlight no highbeam. come to find out, some moron prior to me decided to use butt connectors, they pulled apart, its now good as new (soldered and shrink tubed), backlash will attest, im a solder nazi.

new radio, new front speakers. now just need to buy a bypass for the radio. got my new overflow bolted in, now just need to find a leak in my PS system

horribly dark picture, but i love this radio

also parked next to a FRS today during lunch, i found i really need the lowering springs that are en route to me. that FRS sat SO low when compared to the supra. oh well, he wouldnt go play. Snobby old dude. Walked a 2000 something mustang. And took it for its longest drive thus far (hour and a half). Gets 19mpg with 50% highway nice driving and 50% beating on it. Played with a newer vette/viper pair. NEED MORE HORSEPOWER.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'll do the turbo swap for ya! Just pay for my brake lines I managed to break today while taking the front rotors off..

I also raised up the suspension in the rear, and rewired my CPS using weather pack connectors. Still need to make a battery hold down and get my coolant res mounted.. probably have to have SOMETHING to pass tech at the autocross this weekend. Top of my list though is that damn brake line. I'm really really really hoping the local hydraulic shop will pull through and be able to make me SOMETHING!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Midwest_Mudder;2002374 said:
got alot done. after seein the reds and blues from a statey last night, highbeam passenger side was "out". sure enough even with a new headlight no highbeam. come to find out, some moron prior to me decided to use butt connectors, they pulled apart, its now good as new (soldered and shrink tubed), backlash will attest, im a solder nazi.

new radio, new front speakers. now just need to buy a bypass for the radio. got my new overflow bolted in, now just need to find a leak in my PS system

horribly dark picture, but i love this radio

also parked next to a FRS today during lunch, i found i really need the lowering springs that are en route to me. that FRS sat SO low when compared to the supra. oh well, he wouldnt go play. Snobby old dude. Walked a 2000 something mustang. And took it for its longest drive thus far (hour and a half). Gets 19mpg with 50% highway nice driving and 50% beating on it. Played with a newer vette/viper pair. NEED MORE HORSEPOWER.
What radio is that also what speakers and how good is the bass on them? I have a set of Infinity Reference series and while they are good they don't really have good bass I am looking for speakers with good bass without having to get a sub and amp and all of that.

Midwest_Mudder

pioneer sph-da210 or the appradio3, it fits perfect left and right, but a touch of trimming on the bottom helps the face pop back in after putting in a dvd/cd. as for speakers i have a set of Kenwood 4" performance series in the front, and havent found a set for the rear yet. theyre very good speakers, but i dont listen to thumping music so i dont know about how good the bass is ha. if you want to use EVERYTHING it offers you need the adaptors for your phone of choice (ranges from a 5 dollar usb to micro usb, to a 120 dollar Iphone connector). but, when you compare it to the other 7" screen radios capable of navi you're still saving the better part of 500 dollars.

for base ive heard you need to switch out to 6.5" rounds up front, id use the sealing cups from like crutchfield, then find a way for some 6x9s in the back.

KICKER has a really nice 6.5" slim subwoofer that plus a cheap 100-200w amp (its the stock size in a jeep wrangler with premium sound). i have one in my jeep, stock amp only hits it with 50w, sounds great.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Doat I have a set of fusion components in my honda with an amp and most people swear I have a 10 in the back. Diamond audio (older stuff) is good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Midwest_Mudder;2002408 said:
pioneer sph-da210 or the appradio3, it fits perfect left and right, but a touch of trimming on the bottom helps the face pop back in after putting in a dvd/cd. as for speakers i have a set of Kenwood 4" performance series in the front, and havent found a set for the rear yet. theyre very good speakers, but i dont listen to thumping music so i dont know about how good the bass is ha. if you want to use EVERYTHING it offers you need the adaptors for your phone of choice (ranges from a 5 dollar usb to micro usb, to a 120 dollar Iphone connector). but, when you compare it to the other 7" screen radios capable of navi you're still saving the better part of 500 dollars.

for base ive heard you need to switch out to 6.5" rounds up front, id use the sealing cups from like crutchfield, then find a way for some 6x9s in the back.

KICKER has a really nice 6.5" slim subwoofer that plus a cheap 100-200w amp (its the stock size in a jeep wrangler with premium sound). i have one in my jeep, stock amp only hits it with 50w, sounds great.

Chris_87_Turbo;2002419 said:
Doat I have a set of fusion components in my honda with an amp and most people swear I have a 10 in the back. Diamond audio (older stuff) is good too

Thanks for the info guys. Once I get my accord up and running I'll be able to get some projects going on my supra.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Just got off the phone with a buddy and he has the newer diamond audio and they sound badass. He also can get a hook up on them and sony speakers. Just look at the website and pick a model number that you like and let me know and I'll get you a good price

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Midwest_Mudder;2002408 said:

Does it have bluetooth that you can connect your phone with instead of buying the cord? My kenwood does, and it is lovely.

Midwest_Mudder

you can use bluetooth to stream all you want. BUT the unit needs a faster connection to be able to use your apps (pandora control, navigation...). bluetooth works fine though. it also comes with an external gps antenna and external microphone to use with calling. if this had standalone navigation i wouldnt have walked out of there for less that 800

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Personally I'd just go for that 6.5" sub. Should get damn good midbass, and maybe even hit a couple of sub 40 Hz notes. Maybe ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Midwest_Mudder;2002464 said:
you can use bluetooth to stream all you want. BUT the unit needs a faster connection to be able to use your apps (pandora control, navigation...). bluetooth works fine though. it also comes with an external gps antenna and external microphone to use with calling. if this had standalone navigation i wouldnt have walked out of there for less that 800

I use the bluetooth to stream music and use it with pandora and it lets me skip tracks and change stations and what not. The bluetooth calling is great too. Mine doesn't have navigation where it would show up on the screen (I think), but that's ok. Im good with directions for the most part.