What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;2002680 said:
Silver mk3 I know you got all your exhaust stuff but I don't see if you posted if it was installed or a little clip, curious on how it sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been meaning too. I had it all installed and welded up last week I think it was, maybe the week before. It sounds really good, just like I wanted, and looks almost exactly like stock, but it is a little drony around 2k RPMs. I went and talked to the guy about reducing the drone and he said he could try a kidney resonator, which is basically a side branch resonator. Hopefully I will get that done next week. The exhaust it self isn't actually loud, it's just the droning that is kinda loud. It has a nice growl to it, but can barely be heard at idle. Today with the windows up, AC on, and stereo (not blasting, just normal levels) I actually couldn't hear the car or drone at all when I was just cruising. I think I am getting more used to the droning as well, and am learning to drive at a little higher RPM's to stay out of the drone. My dad even said it sounded good and the drone isn't bad at all, but I'm a perfectionist with my car.

I need to post an update in my thread and try and get a video of it. I don't think the droning will show up on the video, so you should be able to hear only the exhaust. I'll try and get that tomorrow. Just need to find a place where I can do it. I'll also get some pictures of it. It's beautiful.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Nice! Mines actually kinda too loud, and dony around the same rpm sounds deep tho but if I rev it up to 3600-4500 it sounds kinda ricy and I hate that. But it'll do until I get a turbo and standalone in a year or so :)

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Midwest_Mudder;2002557 said:
i dont know where you found that for 200, but if the person has more, buy a shipping container full. the DNX with garmin runs about 450 bucks used on ebay.

I found it on eBay, guy pulled it out of his van and it even came with the serius/XM tuner. I bought the exact same one for my truck brand new 4 years ago and it was $999.49 from best buy. But it was worth the cost cuz I never get confused on which GPS I'm using and how to work it :)

Grandavi;2002573 said:
DNX ###???

Can you get more for us at that price? :)

It's a DNX 6160, I absolutely love it and it fits like it was made for the car. Sorry, only one I got from eBay, other one I bought full price

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;2002693 said:
Nice! Mines actually kinda too loud, and dony around the same rpm sounds deep tho but if I rev it up to 3600-4500 it sounds kinda ricy and I hate that. But it'll do until I get a turbo and standalone in a year or so :)

Yeah, I was reading a thread where a guy had a very high hp 7m with a 4" exhaust and he had a drone around 2k rpm as well. Seems like a common RPM for these motors to drone at. I think I remember you saying you didn't use a resonator. That's probably why your's sounds kinda ricey and is loud. I think a good resonator would probably take care of most of that.

Mine doesn't actually sound all that different than stock, maybe a tad louder, but it's not head turning or anything like that, hardly noticeable unless you are a car freak like me :). When you rev the car you can still here the actual motor along with the exhaust. No rasp or high pitched buzzing either. Also no rattling like the original stock one which is a huge improvement. It was almost embarrassing to be sitting in what is probably the cleanest MK3 in 100 miles and its just rattling away. It really liked to rattle at 900 rpm, which is where the car idles when the AC is on... I wanted to keep all the stock parts and he cut the OEM cat back in two pieces for me. Each one was like a maraca with all the rust pieces in it. I'm surprised the stock system only rattled, and wasn't loud like a blown muffler would normally sound.

Doat;2002694 said:
I love how my Tanabe Catback sounds :D the only loud part is the justspeed ebay "divorced" downpipe that gives it the growl.

I think the guy who I had do my exhaust was surprised with the way the Supra sounds. He is a big southern guy, seems like a "no replacement for displacement" kind of guy when it comes to cars. He probably thought it's gonna sound like some stupid import ricer car when I showed up there with my own stuff for him to weld up, but I think it surprised him even. He did say I did a really good job picking a muffler and resonator. He said they fit in the factory locations perfectly just like the stock ones.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
The shop I went to usually does V8s but when they welded my exhaust every employee was outside while I revved it up and they were surprised at how it sounded and I had a huge smile on my face because it sounds SO GOOD

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
Still trying to find and fix my boost leak. Not spiking anymore luckily, but it's not holding. Get up to about 13ish or so then drops off to around 7-8ish. WOT it holds somewhat, but still drops. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought a cheap boost controller off of eBay, to replace the cheap one that was on the car when I got it.

I suspect it's the $30 controller I got. Cause I build and hold 8psi just fine without it. Other controller I got a lot of spiking and leaking. This one just seems to leak. Bahhh, just need work to pick up to where I can make some money again and get a good quality name brand one.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Started in on the CT26 rebuild. I wrestled with the soft line kit much longer than I ever did on the stock hard lines! I need to know how to get the soft line kit to function properly! I tried tightening up the fittings before hand, but that meant it wouldn't line up properly. What's the procedure for installing using the ARZ soft line kit?

Atlas

You call this a sandwich?
Aug 22, 2012
Clovis CA
Finally installed the new hood struts. No more suprastick, no more head smashing while the car's being tech'd! Ordered a set of Corbeau LG1's reclining seats for the front. Hope to lose some more weight when these are installed.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Atlas;2002964 said:
Finally installed the new hood struts. No more suprastick, no more head smashing while the car's being tech'd! Ordered a set of Corbeau LG1's reclining seats for the front. Hope to lose some more weight when these are installed.
The supra stick delete mod is pimping

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Van;2002961 said:
Started in on the CT26 rebuild. I wrestled with the soft line kit much longer than I ever did on the stock hard lines! I need to know how to get the soft line kit to function properly! I tried tightening up the fittings before hand, but that meant it wouldn't line up properly. What's the procedure for installing using the ARZ soft line kit?
ARZ kit should be easy as they are all AN fittings. put that adapter on tubo (not too tight) an it's usually easier to put the softlines on the turbo first and on he block last.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Went to a local supra meet
1520815_10202053717846674_7861344939093567614_n.jpg

10296651_10202053475440614_2791402486319720535_n.jpg

10294336_10202054204418838_5879535814879187289_n.jpg

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Had - 12an fittings welded to the pan and a custom - 12an fitting made for the turbo. All fragola push lock fittings for the hx35uploadfromtaptalk1398579832910.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398579855205.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398579866813.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398579877354.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
It was a small meet but most of the people made up excuses not to come out. It was really fun though especially when we drove to the place in the last picture we were on a main road 4 lanes wide all supras in my rear view mirror lol it's an awesome feeling.