What did you do to your supra today? Pics

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I have a Kenwood DNX that has Garmin GPS, Bluetooth, handsfree calling, iPod controls and a DVD player for $200. And it all fit without any trimming or trim rings, it fits perfect behind the rubber/plastic like it came that way factory

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
yhatzee89;2002529 said:
I have a Kenwood DNX that has Garmin GPS, Bluetooth, handsfree calling, iPod controls and a DVD player for $200. And it all fit without any trimming or trim rings, it fits perfect behind the rubber/plastic like it came that way factory

Yeah, the double din radios do fit really well in the stock opening. I think mine was $280 or so.

Doat;2002532 said:
Is this that Kicker slim sub you guys were talking about?
http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-COMPVT65-6-5Inch-Subwoofer-Ohm/dp/B0036MOQAE

Also is there a guide or something to walk me though how to set one up with an amp? I've never installed a stereo system other than a head unit and my speakers.

I've never done anything that far into car audio, but have looked into it before. It isn't really a car specific thing so you should be able to find lots of information online.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
True seems like it would be a general thing. I figure it's just a power and ground type system to power the amp then connect the sub.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
It shouldn't be very hard at all, make sure you match your amps rms watts with the sub, if you get a 2 or 4ohm sub etc some amps sub is pretty much a speaker that only plays low frequencies, I've been into car audio since HS. I remember I was pushing like 3000 watts rms(4x100 speakers+2600sub) in my 67 chevelle lol gotta have my bass sonicelectronix.com has a good how to section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midwest_Mudder

yhatzee89;2002529 said:

i dont know where you found that for 200, but if the person has more, buy a shipping container full. the DNX with garmin runs about 450 bucks used on ebay.

doat, thats the sub that i have in my center console. its been submerged twice and still works

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Drove my car for the first time in 4 months. New clutch is working good. Hearing some weird noises every now and then during engagement and an occasional crunching noise in the rear. Not sure what that's all about. Weird thing is that the engine is idling a whole lot smoother with the 4 month old gas. It used to idle so crazy rich that it would misfire. Now the afr's are perfect at cold start but completely lean-out at operating temp. Even so, the engine still idles great even with the wideband showing "--" from reading so lean. Is my gauge toast?

[video=youtube_share;4aYP7mgRVi8]http://youtu.be/4aYP7mgRVi8[/video]

What worries me is that the tuner has wideband feedback enabled in my AEM V1 and I don't want to go lean at WOT. I attempted to disable it, but it appears a little more intricate than just unchecking an option.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
yhatzee89;2002529 said:

DNX ###???

Can you get more for us at that price? :)

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
MarkIII4Me, you can disable it above a certain amount of boost if you want. That is how I have mine set. It has feedback below 6 psi and then it runs strictly off the table above that to 22 psi. It talks about it in the manual if you want to download it from AEM.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Doat installing amp and subs are real simple. Power, ground, remote power to turn amp on with radio (power antenna wire works great for this) and a pair of RCA cables. Then a pair of speaker wires. If you're close to me I'll help you tune it in if you want. I have those kicker slim subs in my truck ( 2-12s under the back seat. They sound good but tend to bottom out on some notes. Depending on the music you listen too it may not affect you.

Chris

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Chris_87_Turbo;2002575 said:
Doat installing amp and subs are real simple. Power, ground, remote power to turn amp on with radio (power antenna wire works great for this) and a pair of RCA cables. Then a pair of speaker wires. If you're close to me I'll help you tune it in if you want. I have those kicker slim subs in my truck ( 2-12s under the back seat. They sound good but tend to bottom out on some notes. Depending on the music you listen too it may not affect you.

Chris

I am probably over thinking as usual lol. I am more worried about fitting those 6.5" subs in the rear pods not sure if it will fit even with some modification. I am not looking to blow windows out or anything I just want some more oomph.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Fixed rad leak, was getting code 52, was hopping it was just the knock sensor(my dad or me) forgot to switch mine to the jdm engine, switched it out today no more chk eng light! Car pulls a little better too for an NA from my last "rebuilt" motor from previous owner lol. But these a slight ticking coming from under the valve covers need to check on that now.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Pyro15D;2002574 said:
MarkIII4Me, you can disable it above a certain amount of boost if you want. That is how I have mine set. It has feedback below 6 psi and then it runs strictly off the table above that to 22 psi. It talks about it in the manual if you want to download it from AEM.

I'm pretty sure it's only setup to adjust the tune at cruise and not WOT now that I think about it. I'll have to hook it up to my laptop and check.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Came home and saw that my passenger projector had been knocked out of alignment when I pulled up to the garage door. I pulled the headlight, straightened the projector, and tightened the lock nut down real good. All is well now and hopefully it stays that way.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver mk3 I know you got all your exhaust stuff but I don't see if you posted if it was installed or a little clip, curious on how it sounds