What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Statistics and facts show women to be better drivers than men but there are exceptions. My wife can't drive 5spd so that keeps her from driving mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midwest_Mudder

funny thing is, if they (insurance agencies) took mileage into account, IE out of xxxx men they had xxxx accidents per xxx miles, we'd see a much more similar number. most guys drive themselves places, then drive them and their Significant other places. Not real easy to get in as many wrecks if you dont drive as many miles. I've seen the statistics, they're very simplified xxx male drivers have xxxxx accidents, xxxx female drivers have xxxxxx accidents.

Overall, any "dick tax" is too much. Any human can be distracted and cause an accident, a good portion of women cant drive stick BECAUSE NO ONE TAUGHT THEM.

as for insurance, i pay 70 bucks for full coverage on both my 05 wrangler (full assessed value with lift, tires, rims) and the supra (again full assessed value). but i also have 0 wrecks, 0 tickets, EVOC and TVOC training and the discounts geico gives me for that plus Fire/Rescue really helps.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I agree with you. It seems I'm always driving when my wife and I go places unless I'm drinking then she drives. But those statistics you mention I (like you believe they are skewed a bit because of the reasons you mention.

Chris

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I think what you said is true Midwest_Mudder. I think it also has something to do with when women have accidents its more likely to be something small and stupid. Like texting and bumping into someone or things like that. For younger guys, like me, I think our insurance rates are so much higher as well because when guys get into wrecks it is more likely to be a high speed collision or something like that. It sucks that my insurance is so much higher than women my age just because I'm a guy, and I haven't had any wrecks, tickets, or anything of the like but it has slowly been going down as I get older.

By the way, what is EVOC and TVOC training?

Midwest_Mudder

Emergency Vehicle Operations and Control (EVOC) and Tactical Vehicle Operations and Control (TVOC) i knew the instructor so was given some awesome opportunities.

Yes and no on the collisions. The reasoning is more of the old school "boys will be boys" doesnt matter what we do, we tend to show off.

Honestly though, i think all drivers tests should be done in a 5 speed honda, missing on a cylinder, with a crying baby in the backseat and an angry adult of the opposite sex grading you. That would take care of alot, Driving distracted, birth control and managing with something other than a 40k dollar momma and daddy ride... LOL

(if i seem harsh, im tired of scraping people off the ground)

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Midwest_Mudder;2001633 said:
Emergency Vehicle Operations and Control (EVOC) and Tactical Vehicle Operations and Control (TVOC) i knew the instructor so was given some awesome opportunities.

Yes and no on the collisions. The reasoning is more of the old school "boys will be boys" doesnt matter what we do, we tend to show off.

Honestly though, i think all drivers tests should be done in a 5 speed honda, missing on a cylinder, with a crying baby in the backseat and an angry adult of the opposite sex grading you. That would take care of alot, Driving distracted, birth control and managing with something other than a 40k dollar momma and daddy ride... LOL

(if i seem harsh, im tired of scraping people off the ground)

I think part of the problem is that drivers training here is a joke as well. In Alabama you can take the written portion of the test over and over until you pass it. You just have to pay the $15 or whatever everytime. When I took driver's ed in highschool it was a complete joke. I had already been driving for a while on a permit with my parents and everything we did was a joke. I remember a three point turn, driving down some deserted roads, and that's about it. There was a girl in my group who had never driven before, blew through a stop sign at 50 mph and was probably the most terrifying driver ever. The other one in the group drove the car off the road multiple times... Here you get a little yellow card in driver's ed that lets you skip the actual driving test to get your license, you just take the card down there, give them money and walk away with a license. Everyone got this card regardless of whether or not you could actually drive.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Back on topic lol....Springs on, Nur Spec on, test pipe and Downpipe, and my new TSW's. I am happy with the look lowered, LOVE the sound, and can't believe the difference in performance just the exhaust upgrade makes. Factory boost gauge now pegs. Here's a couple shots after I took it up and washed the gook off it:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Midwest_Mudder;2001607 said:
6 puck clutch keeps most people outta mine, 2 or three stalls and they give up.

My wife and others have quitted also on my act 6 puck stage three, by the way ...does your clutch make a loud squeak when u take off in first gear from a dead stop and not give it enough gas or when the weather is cold?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Chris_87_Turbo;2001629 said:
I agree with you. It seems I'm always driving when my wife and I go places unless I'm drinking then she drives. But those statistics you mention I (like you believe they are skewed a bit because of the reasons you mention.

Chris

Statistic might not be skewd. Dont forget the women that drives kids to daycare, sports, activities, pta mettings, grocery shoppingm there is about equal miles for both party. The correlation for male being worst drivers is to the fact that they are riskier drivers.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
ImperfectSupra;2001648 said:
Statistic might not be skewd. Dont forget the women that drives kids to daycare, sports, activities, pta mettings, grocery shoppingm there is about equal miles for both party. The correlation for male being worst drivers is to the fact that they are riskier drivers.

Good point. I know I tend to drive a little riskier than my wife. But then again I like to throw my supra into corners. My wife's Sebring just isn't as much fun as the supra.

Chris

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Midwest_Mudder;2001649 said:
Nope I let a buddy try to drive it, even during his various attempts to take off it never squeeked. Is the squeek like a chatter or?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Its when i engage the clutch. It goes "sqeeeak" while im easing the it right before it abrubtly catches. It only happens during engagement of clutch, not during cruising, acceleration or deceleration. It seems like I need to drive it hard and give it more gas as I ease the clutch so the squeak wouldn't happen. This is the first time I had a 6 puck clutch. It grips like crazy and puts the power to the wheels but the noise is a bit annoying.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
ImperfectSupra;2001657 said:
Its when i engage the clutch. It goes "sqeeeak" while im easing the it right before it abrubtly catches. It only happens during engagement of clutch, not during cruising, acceleration or deceleration. It seems like I need to drive it hard and give it more gas as I ease the clutch so the squeak wouldn't happen. This is the first time I had a 6 puck clutch. It grips like crazy and puts the power to the wheels but the noise is a bit annoying.

It's probably not, but are you sure it isn't the clutch pedal assembly? Mine squeaks, and I tried all sorts of lubes, but it wouldn't go away. I guess I have just gotten used to it or it isn't that noticeable when actually driving.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
My clutch pedal squeaks as well I tried lubing up the plastic part lower down but that isn't causing the squeak it's somewhere further up I would just lube up everything that moves on the clutch pedal lol.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Silver MK3;2001659 said:
It's probably not, but are you sure it isn't the clutch pedal assembly? Mine squeaks, and I tried all sorts of lubes, but it wouldn't go away. I guess I have just gotten used to it or it isn't that noticeable when actually driving.

It coming from the outside ofb vehicle. From the bell housing

Midwest_Mudder

ImperfectSupra;2001648 said:

You forget when these numbers were used to come up with different rates for males and females. It's been in effect for longer than most of us have been alive.

I'd rather have a guy driving over the speed limit than a person attempting to put on make up, eat breakfast, and tweet...

As for the squeek just rev the car and slip it a bit, Ive never drove a pucked clutch that likes slipping at low rpms.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Doat;2001597 said:
First of all WHY in the world would you let a woman drive a supra by herself? do you not like your supra or something? lol

hahah Doat. my girl can drive. she has very good reaction and is not scared to floor it in risky situations where most woman would brake or cover them eyes hahaha so im ok if she taks my supra once in a while.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Janch;2001690 said:
hahah Doat. my girl can drive. she has very good reaction and is not scared to floor it in risky situations where most woman would brake or cover them eyes hahaha so im ok if she taks my supra once in a while.
Okay you get a pass then lol