What did you do to your supra today? Pics

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Finished replacing/upgrading my entire powersteering system, all buttoned ready to be started.
apa5y5y3.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
drogon;1989004 said:
It decided to snow in TX this morning, let my car warm up before leaving to work. Went out side to get ready to leave and was greeted by a loud pop/hiss got in my car to turn it off the temp gauges was way past the H and was going down fast, popped the hood expecting a blown house and found this...
teru5uty.jpg
looks like I need a new radiator lol, any ideas what may have caused this? Stuck t-stat maybe?

It looks like corrosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
drogon;1989004 said:
It decided to snow in TX this morning, let my car warm up before leaving to work. Went out side to get ready to leave and was greeted by a loud pop/hiss got in my car to turn it off the temp gauges was way past the H and was going down fast, popped the hood expecting a blown house and found this...
teru5uty.jpg
looks like I need a new radiator lol, any ideas what may have caused this? Stuck t-stat maybe?

You running straight water??

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
No I used Toyota red, previous owner had regular coolant in it. Read on here that was bad so flushed that right when I got it, by the time I took the pic most of the coolant was on the floor, I had washed the red coolant off. I know I wasn't low on fluid for it to over heat either cuz I had just checked the fluid like 3 days prior to.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Grandavi;1989494 said:
Perfect time for an aluminum rad then. :)

Supra's fail when they want an upgrade.. lol

Im begining to notice haha, cant decide on a Mishimoto(lifetime waranty)$297 or a Godspeed(3yr warranty) $170. Both seemed to have same specs and read good things about both.

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
drogon;1989525 said:
Im begining to notice haha, cant decide on a Mishimoto(lifetime waranty)$297 or a Godspeed(3yr warranty) $170. Both seemed to have same specs and read good things about both.
I like my mishimoto, the radiator cap it comes with leaked other than that trouble free.

87Burg7mgte

May 4, 2011
Turlock, CA
A few days late, but had the whole interior shampoo'ed and detailed.. super clean. Later today, i will replace the hood struts with some monroes that i got from rockauto.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
ImperfectSupra;1989237 said:
7M4EVR, I'm 2/3 doneView attachment 71692

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MONROE Part # 901206. Rockauto.com has them for $12.12/ea. They're easy to install, and you'll be glad you did 'em.
Oh, and while you're there ordering make sure to get some spark plugs, oil filter, brake pads, windshield wipers, and other basic maintenance parts you'll need in the future. Most will come shipped in the same box, unless they're from different warehouses. It's cheaper that way.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I feel sorry for y'all that have to put yours cars away for the winter when it's winter down here in Houston it's the perfect time to drive a turbo MK3 it becomes a beast straining at the leash and we don't get much snow at least in my area.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Suprapowaz!(2);1989549 said:
MONROE Part # 901206. Rockauto.com has them for $12.12/ea. They're easy to install, and you'll be glad you did 'em.
Oh, and while you're there ordering make sure to get some spark plugs, oil filter, brake pads, windshield wipers, and other basic maintenance parts you'll need in the future. Most will come shipped in the same box, unless they're from different warehouses. It's cheaper that way.

None of the aftermarket hood struts have lasted more than 2 years for me. I've tried a bunch of brands.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have Monroe hood struts at first they were great I barely lifted the hood and it opened itself but now it opens halfway and I gotta push to open it fully. My friend has Strongarm hood struts on his GS300 and they are great I might be switching to those for both the hood and hatch.