What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Found my front brake supports are leaking :(

P.S. has anyone have video how to rebuild 7MGTE? like tutorial or smth..

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Grandavi;1987978 said:
Front brake supports? You mean Calipers?

oh yeah. Calipers. in Latvian we say - supports. dont know why that sticked in my head when used english. yeah so theyre leaking but i think it could be that O seal ring. maybe, MAYBE i wasnt care enaugh when put together because i think one rear was a bit wet as well so shouldnt be big deal. but still a bit of a pain because i have no place to do it and its a bit too cold outside to change it in parking lot. and not gonna take to mechanics. dont have trust on them specially when for my dads car they forgot to put back oil in the tranny after changed front axel. does it happens for u guys? that mechanics doesnt give a s**t?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't remember the calipers having a o-ring... I remember a copper washer. As far as I can recall that's a very simple fix. You may have lost the copper washer.

Here if someone works in your brakes and they fail, they get sued...

Last edited:

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Janch;1988044 said:
does it happens for u guys? that mechanics doesnt give a s**t?

Yes... I took my car for an alignment over the summer and payed for the lifetime alignment which was almost $200. I got in the car and it was even worse than before. I made an appointment for early morning the next day and dropped the car off and was told I would have it back by lunch. They didn't even start on it until 4...

I also took the truck to get an oil change in December but the mechanic left the drain plug gasket off and cracked the drain plug. I noticed it was leaking and took it back for them to fix it. They fixed it but when I got back I noticed it was dripping oil, from the skid plate... The mechanic was so sloppy that he let all the oil run out of the filter and into the skid plate and didn't even attempt to clean it up. Usually it is just the mechanics being lazy/incompetent which is why I try to do as much as I can to my Supra myself as possible.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
mk3_7m;1987715 said:
Finally got my PCV system rectified. No more seals and valve covers blowing up oil after giving it a bit of gas. Feel the engine breathing alot better now and running more efficiently.

pics

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Grandavi i was thinking the metal ring that goes into the grope to seal the rubber around brake piston. Bu yeah should be easy fix.

As much as i can when i take car to mechanics i allways 'stare' on their fingers and there have been times when i have to remind something that they've forgotten.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
It decided to snow in TX this morning, let my car warm up before leaving to work. Went out side to get ready to leave and was greeted by a loud pop/hiss got in my car to turn it off the temp gauges was way past the H and was going down fast, popped the hood expecting a blown house and found this...
teru5uty.jpg
looks like I need a new radiator lol, any ideas what may have caused this? Stuck t-stat maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
My MK3 blew the end tank when I was test driving it before buying happened because of the BHG.
Houston's version of snow
12344859565_8b573ab96e_h.jpg

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
7M4EVR;1989150 said:
Link to kit please. or is this multiple kits? Please give some opinions on the quality. As you can see this is almost exactly what I need lol

View attachment 71689

The link is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26PCS-SILIC...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ecb0abeef

There is a couple of other companies that are selling similar kits, but this company was the cheapest at $187 and free shipping. Thats about $100 less than competitors. As you can see, I have only installed a few hoses. The hoses seems to be of good quaulity and the fitment is snug, they are a bit thicker than stock overall, so getting stop clamps on them take a bit o work. The accordian replacement hose is a bit long for using the stock snorkel intake (needs to be trimmed by .5 inch), but it wouldnt be a problem if you're using an open cone filter.
Overall, its a good stock replacement for a decent price. Fast shipping. Arrived in about a week. It comes with accordian hose, upper and lower radiator hoses and various coolant and air hoses 26 peices total. It will make the engine bay look better and give you peice of mind knowing that your hoses are new and tight.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
ImperfectSupra;1989181 said:
The link is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26PCS-SILIC...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ecb0abeef

There is a couple of other companies that are selling similar kits, but this company was the cheapest at $187 and free shipping. Thats about $100 less than competitors. As you can see, I have only installed a few hoses. The hoses seems to be of good quaulity and the fitment is snug, they are a bit thicker than stock overall, so getting stop clamps on them take a bit o work. The accordian replacement hose is a bit long for using the stock snorkel intake (needs to be trimmed by .5 inch), but it wouldnt be a problem if you're using an open cone filter.
Overall, its a good stock replacement for a decent price. Fast shipping. Arrived in about a week. It comes with accordian hose, upper and lower radiator hoses and various coolant and air hoses 26 peices total. It will make the engine bay look better and give you peice of mind knowing that your hoses are new and tight.

Thanks man....in my cart!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
LumbeeRicanV8;1989199 said:
replaced the emergency brake shoes while the car is on jack stands getting motor rebuilt, as well as some transmission goodies.
Was it hard to replace the shoes? I need to do mine and adjust the cable.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
looks good so far. Spend some good time cleaning and shining up the pcv/3000 pipe area and the intake mani and give your bay a good cleaning and you will have a nice looking bay sir.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
7M4EVR;1989253 said:
looks good so far. Spend some good time cleaning and shining up the pcv/3000 pipe area and the intake mani and give your bay a good cleaning and you will have a nice looking bay sir.

Just got the car less than 30 days ago, im focusing on all of the neglected maintenance right now I dont even know how to clean th3 engine bay.