What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Last time, I could not get a wrench on the nuts behind the starter at all. It took me literally hours for each bolt. I needed someone with smaller arms to get it in there, and the person who could could only barely.

I understand that there are ways at it, but I just couldn't get my hand in there. If there's an easier way, I'd like to know what it is.

I need to pull the motor in this car anyway, so maybe I'll just do that...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
3 ft of extensions and a "wobbler joint" haha. Go from under the car and have someone else in the engine bay with another ratchet holding the other side of the starter bolts.

I've done it by my self but it took about an hour and a half. With no intake on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Yeah, removing the intake I could have done it easy. Well, easier.

I got the starter out, but that's because when I put it in last year, I only installed the lower bolt. I can reach that one. :)

With luck, I'll have the clutch and flywheel out tomorrow.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Don't have a "before" picture, but here's the exhaust after :)
p1939747_1.jpg

p1939747_2.jpg

Looks a lot like my Sierras (that angle happened unintentionally :p )
p1939747_3.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well it seems like I have to change my clutch master cylinder going with a replacement OEM Aisin but can I just order the stainless steel line from Driftmotion and hook it up or do I need other things? 91 7MGTE 5 spd

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
Dan_Gyoba;1939648 said:
I got the starter out, but that's because when I put it in last year, I only installed the lower bolt. I can reach that one. :)

lol mine is same way. 1 bolt ftw! i got the top out but undoing the cross member and doping the back of the engine down a bit so that nut was reachable from underneath.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So sexy, cannot wait to get my 2jzge vvti and build it up overtime, slap on a 67mm+ turbo, and drop her in.

I ordered a new clutch master cylinder mine is apparently loosing pressure or something because my clutch pedal gets stuck even after I bled it thoroughly. Also ordered a stainless steel clutch line from DM.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Got the transmission out of the '89, removed the clutch.

Forgot that the ARP flywheel bolts are 1/2" 12point bolts. :( I don't own such a socket (Borrowed one when I installed it last year) so I had to remove them with a wrench and a snipe.

Removing the transmission went smoothly enough, From where I left it yesterday, it only took a couple of hours to single-hand it. Lowering the transmission myself was the hardest part. Sort of dropped it off of the jack and spilled a bit of fluid, but not too much.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
wiring - finish up;

the 1JZGTE -> MA70 patch harness (plugs taken from 1/2 JZA70 and parts MA70)
Safc + Avcr + AEM ugeo all run through wheel well grommets and hidden...(this took de-pinning plugs)
12V+ outlet in center console and trunk area...(phone charger location and/or power cooler)

remove old clifford alarm harness and re/re wiring

then hopefully...
install glovebox today... maybe fab a little ugeo bracket for inside the glove box..

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Okay... vids will come afterwards, but basically we took her out for her first drive in 1.5 years, only to get a clunking sound from underneath the car. When we lifted her up and looked underneath with the driveshaft spinning, we could see that the shaft was not balanced and rattling against the heat shields under the car. This means we will need to get one pre-balanced locally so we can put it on and try it again. Also, the rad fans don't seem to want to kick on when the car warms up, possibly a bad ground somewhere. And third, a few of the gauges like the RPM gauge, temp gauge, etc..., are not responding. The turbo gauge doesn't need to be working because we will no longer be using that, but the RPM and temp gauges are critical. And lastly, we have yet to install any of the electronics until we get a nice stable platorm to work with.

One step at a time.

[video=youtube;rDD0Z-SJBA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD0Z-SJBA8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

[video=youtube;FsvkxL1x2Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsvkxL1x2Y4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Second vid you can hear the clunk from the driveshaft.

Also... 12v outlet mod in middle and rear of car = DAMN COOL IDEA!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
AC outlets in a supra, you guys are crazy lol I like it. How do y'all relocate the 12V outlet to the center console? Just extend the wires through the center console and make a hole for the socket then wire it up?