What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Doat;1939948 said:
AC outlets in a supra, you guys are crazy lol I like it. How do y'all relocate the 12V outlet to the center console? Just extend the wires through the center console and make a hole for the socket then wire it up?

starts with raiding the wrecking yards for outlets/harness leads, this way you can have the illuminated ring..

I'll be running 1 1/2 battery's, so there is one there in the trunk, real close..

center console I will extend from the dash, cause the cigarette lighter is fine, but a huge bulky phone adaptor/charger is not.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Makes sense, thanks for the info I have been thinking about doing the mod to keep everything nicely hidden in the arm rest.

EDIT: It's damn near impossible to find an MK3 in a junkyard around me lol I got lucky and found 1 87 Mk3.

Last edited:

Dan88t

Jun 12, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Today... today I backed it out of the garage! The sonofabitch runs!
Months of work, new pistons, new bearings, etc... all by my lonesome in the garage... still have quite the mess to clean up and a ton more assembly... maybe another 100 hours or so of work and I can drive it around with the roof off!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Today I taught my son how to drive stick in my car.
He kept saying... "Why do you have standard when auto is so much easier"

After he got the hang of it a bit, I showed him how much better you can control a standard... Lol.

Ended the drive by showing him a two gear boosted burnout.

Love my car

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Doat;1940095 said:
I wish you were my dad

hahaha I think this is going in my sig now :p

btw dan88t you got quite the colourful engine bay their! looks like you have over 100 hours of work into it can't be that far from done now?

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Doat;1940011 said:
EDIT: It's damn near impossible to find an MK3 in a junkyard around me lol I got lucky and found 1 87 Mk3.

any 12v+ from any car will work, just cut the wire leads as well to make for a clean install... I'm using an S14 in center and prelude in rear (12v+)

just check to make sure they haven't corroded inside...

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
#04;1940129 said:
any 12v+ from any car will work, just cut the wire leads as well to make for a clean install... I'm using an S14 in center and prelude in rear (12v+)

just check to make sure they haven't corroded inside...

I'm looking to put 2 USB plugs in my center console where the seat control was (I have recaros now) I think that would be more useful up front but the one in back is an awesome idea. Any progress pics?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
yesterday did a recover/vacuumed the ac system since the low side service port was leaking got a new one from the parts store and today I charged it back up and seems to have no leaks its feeling all humid out the last few days only in the 80's but I want the ac! lol
970446_10151627661019704_1946402192_n.jpg

lxsirprize

Nov 11, 2010
WV
Today....I cried :(
Just found out I have ANOTHER BHG! Just talked to the machine shop that did the work not but 7k miles ago and they said "we need to run tests again to ensure its not something else wrong before we do 'free' work".

Really?!? Leak down test bad and coolant in the cylinder = BHG (I think.... I'm no mechanic).

Sry for venting <cry out loud>

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Decided today I'm gonna order the Precision 6262 turbo from Sound Performance. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

Won't be water cooled... Wondering if that will effect longevity...

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Grandavi;1940298 said:
Decided today I'm gonna order the Precision 6262 turbo from Sound Performance. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

most ball bearing turbo's are only oil cooled and their suppose to have the longest projected life. My dad switched out a water/oil cooled gt28 on his turbo sled(rx1) for a gt28 only oil cooled off a car and he's had 0 issues, he actually likes it better. He figures it's one less thing to go wrong. ;) Not to mention with new steel braided oil lines why would you even want a rubber hose down their.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Grandavi;1940298 said:

I actually have that exact same turbo on my list of things to to..what ar did you get?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Quick question about ARs for turbos and such, what exactly do the numbers mean? Is that Air Ratio or something and why is a higher number better than a lower one or vice versa?