What are your favorite things about MKIII Supras?

89Slowpra

Mar 31, 2011
Pocono Lake, PA
+1 on the curves. I often catch myself staring down the body in the side views. Those unmistakable square tails. The grounded and secure feeling while cornering. Laughing when someone I walk by whispers "hey its that guy with the 80s Corvette " The shared respect and acknowledgement when passing another mk3. Feels good man

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
A. Jay;1721767 said:
What, am I supposed to be mad at it, what did she do wrong? I'm the one that didn't know what I was doing. Quit blaming the car (I was talking to my friends/parents, but I can easily aim that at some mkiii owners and theirs lol).

As I've said many times, the weak link in the MKIII more often than not is the owner. Other than the incorrect headgasket torque spec, the car is an engineering marvel. It was well ahead of its time.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
And I thought I was the only one that would just stare at the rear fenders thinking they look sexy as a motherfuck.

I literally love everything about the Supra. How can you not? Pretty much every single thing that is inside and out. The interior looks amazing and is too comfortable. The dash tells you everything you need to know (albeit the temperature gauge would be better as degrees instead of hot/cold/inbetween, but we aren't discussing that). The body lines are sexy and aggressive. The motors are strong and can handle what you throw at it. With a 3 inch exhaust with no cats/mufflers it sounds insane. Getting into boost gives you that little tug to push you into your seat, hearing the stock APBV release after holding 10 pounds and making heads turn is a great experience. I pity those of you who barely or never drive your cars. Daily drive them or don't buy one. Because if you drive another car (besides in the snow, this is forgivable, rain can be in some circumstances) then you are cheating on your Supra.

enjoyer

Mar 28, 2009
Lithuania, Klaipeda
1. The svelte look. Agree. Those body lines and fenders. I was sold in a heartbeat.

2. The feel. The feeling behind the wheel can't be compared to anything other. Every car has it's own aura, some kind of essence. Even if you are blindfolded and put in to another supra, you somehow feel that it's a similar car, but not yours. There's something essentian about this car.

3. The sound. The sound will please anyone. A stock, mild tune or upgraded grolw. This car can provide both. It's versatility is huge. You can leave it stock cruiser or build the monster out of it. It's can do both things easily.

4. The amazing amount of power these Supras can handle. If built the right way. Witch is exactly what i am doing right now.

I got addicted to the car right away. It's just like narcotic. You can't get enought. I dd it always. Summer, winter it doesn't mater. Every single day she's running with me smiling behind the wheel.
It's the first car that i don't want to sell. Ever. Even if it strikes problems, bhg or smtf else. While you are repairing it, you are having thoughts of selling it. But just as soon as you turn the key.. As soon as the car moves on it's own power... All those thoughts are blown away. You catch yourself smiling widely. At that point nothing maters. The money that gone in to it, the blody knuckles from working on it... It's all irrelevant. She's alive and that's what maters most.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Greek;1721824 said:
And I thought I was the only one that would just stare at the rear fenders thinking they look sexy as a motherfuck.QUOTE]

My problem is that I actually feel guilty about this and the wife knows exactly whats going on when I am looking at the supra. I think she gets jealous too!

enjoyer

Mar 28, 2009
Lithuania, Klaipeda
Scruggs86.5T;1721848 said:
Greek;1721824 said:
And I thought I was the only one that would just stare at the rear fenders thinking they look sexy as a motherfuck.QUOTE]

My problem is that I actually feel guilty about this and the wife knows exactly whats going on when I am looking at the supra. I think she gets jealous too!
+++ All my gf's are/were jealous of supra.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
what i love about the supra is alot

its looks: the rounded widebody styling, agressive stance. makes almost everyone jizz in there pants

the feel it has on the road. feels like its on rails when it corners. and that it was a car years ahead of time, and still gets the what is that? comment.

i also love the inside door handle placment, and the obvious "where the fuck is the door handle" comment.

bioskyline;1721852 said:
i also love the inside door handle placment, and the obvious "where the fuck is the door handle" comment.

I still haven't found it...

I just crawl out the window.....So much for sophistication....... LOL

I love the car lowered with the right sized wheels and offset. 4X4 mode is what i have and me no like.

It corners like A dream.....If you have an LSD....Open Diff is a workout...

I LOVE how i can sit in the car and have leg room too.... :D

Joni

Mar 18, 2009
Konnevesi, Finland
Greek;1721824 said:
Daily drive them or don't buy one. Because if you drive another car (besides in the snow, this is forgivable, rain can be in some circumstances) then you are cheating on your Supra.

+1!
I love supras so much, that I bought another one for winter driving. (No worries, it´s -89 na and rusty as hell. So I´m not destroying any low mileage, rust-free turbo supra.)

In summer, I drive jza70r almost daily. And I just absolutely love that car, it makes me smile every time I throttle. Actually, I think I smile always when I´m just looking supra..

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The drivers seat, I cant believe some people take those out. Definitely the most comfy car seat ever.

And the fact that when I turn her on , she returns the favor.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jetjock;1721726 said:
i bought the car for its lines, stance, comfort, and technology. It was, as the voice on the cassette claimed, "total sophistication", and that it went on to faithfully serve for nearly a quarter century was confirmation enough. May it rest in peace.

zzzz.jpgzzzzzz.jpg

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Our cars aren't so heavy when you compare them to new RWD cars. I was looking in a magazine (car and driver I think) at the weights of the new mustang, camaro, and challenger... they're pigs (some are over 4000 pounds!). They all have more power (stock anyway), and much newer technology, but the weight is still there. All the newer cars are getting heavy.

suprayo

Sep 9, 2009
Vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
The potential for the price. What else can you get in that price range that can put out so much throw you back in your seat power? I love that its a real muscle sports car for honda civic prices.

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
The back, the front, the sides, inside, outside, the people rubbernecking trying to catch a peek, the Honda kids running for cover... There's not a whole lot not to like, except the maze of wires and hoses when you open the hood....

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
bioskyline;1721852 said:

I get that with every single passenger. My only assistance is, "What looks like it would open a door." Some people then press the window buttons.

Something I love and experienced tonight: its unassuming power. It may be sexy and mean looking, but it still looks like an old Toyota to most people. I was asked today if it was fast. Drop it into second and do a pull. Led to the female passenger giggling in surprise. Always a good time.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
OfnaRcR4;1722237 said:
My favorite thing is highway driving. Pass anyone in a breeze.

Only prob i find is that its so comfy i need a red bull like every 50 miles.

Greek;1722490 said:
I get that with every single passenger. My only assistance is, "What looks like it would open a door." Some people then press the window buttons.

That always cranks me up.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Friends I've made through owning mine and that it didn't manage to kill me before it went ;)
(anyone that knows the 240z story and what happened to my Mk3 will understand the last bit)