Ways to cure 7M oiling issues

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
arz said:
^^^Thanks for your conrtibutions to this thread^^^

It seems nothing ever goes 100% to plan.

Im very sorry to tell you guys that I wont be able to ship today. On Saturday I picked up the tubes, and on Sunday I went to pick up the last of the fittings, remember each are at opposite ends of town (almost a 2 hours drive from each other). I look thru the fittings and they are just not right. Im very very sorry. This is something that is just out of my control. I didnt want to chicken little everyone yesterday until I had a solution.

I finally have it all sorted out and anticipate having parts in the mail Wednesday.

Again I am very sorry for the delay. I will be keeping you guys up to date if there is any new news.

If the thread said I "ways to help improve oiling for the 7M" then I wouldn't have said anything. It says "7M OIL ISSUES" therefore I said don't fix anything if it isn't broken.

Now back to the topic on hand :)

Some of the mods that are mentioned in this thread are great and some I have done to my own Supra but not because of the oiling issues but rather to better help oil flow. Oil in itself can be a major factor in how your car performs and the longevity of the engine.

Duane

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Well I have been rushing around all day and finally got all the parts to get the first batch of "Oil Pump Supply Kits" (thats what Im calling this mod) out the door. If you have paid you know who you are, your parts will be in the mail tomorrow. If you already contacted me about expediting shipping, please contact me ASAP so I can get the details, and make sure to check your PM's.

The current batch is completely spoken for, OMG was this mod a PITA to design and meet all of the specifications I had quoted. I have all of the bugs worked out and will have another batch going ASAP I anticipate at least 2 weeks before I will have any parts ready to ship. I cant expedite any of these new orders, they will be done when their done, sorry.

If you want to get on the list let me know ASAP.

Here are some photos

05140002_resize.JPG

05140006_resize.JPG

05140009_resize.JPG

05140018_resize.JPG

Last edited:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Man that looks beautiful Arz. Sorry I have been dorment but I have been spending every bit of spare time on polishing my head. Am I on the first batch list? I know I havent payed yet but I did PM you about the shipping and all?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
mk3forme said:
Man that looks beautiful Arz. Sorry I have been dorment but I have been spending every bit of spare time on polishing my head. Am I on the first batch list? I know I havent payed yet but I did PM you about the shipping and all?

Im very sorry I did say "First paid first served". Im sorry to tell you they are completely sold out.

starscream5000 said:
did you have the design of the tube changed again? Looks like it, is it still the same ID size?

Yes the design changed, its just all part of the process. The ID is .527 IIRC I will post exact numbers tonight.

The next batch will take "AT LEAST" 2 weeks to finish. Im NOT saying I will have parts to ship in 14 days, Im saying "AT LEAST!!!" I might actually be finished earlier but with all the rushing, this was a miserable job. I would not have had near as many problems if I wouldnt have rushed it. I really put quite a bit of pressure on myself and my vendors because they said they could meet a deadline, then I would tell you guys about it and then they would drop the ball "EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!"

Like I said before I have all the bugs worked out and Im very happy with how they fit. I am working on the next batch but I cant rush my suppliers, it causes nothing but headaches. If you want in on the next batch just be aware it will be "AT LEAST" 2 weeks. Believe me this was no small feat!!!

Thanks to all those that commited to purchasing these right away. This has provided me the opportunity to continue to offer these for sale. If your serious about these please let me know ASAP so I can gauge the numbers I should produce this next time around.

mcoleman5

Jun 12, 2005
Columbus, GA
I received the product today and I must say this is a great looking product, great quality and outstanding craftmanship. I am going to install it on my car tomorrow, along with shimming my oil pump, and adding the Filter relocation kit with the B&M oil cooler. After this, I hope this will be the last of my oiling issues.

Last edited:

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Hey guys when installing these make sure the sleeves look like this. When installing its easy for the sleeve to get up inside the nut and when your torquing it down it gives resistance like its sealing but its not. Look very closely at the how the sleeve fits in to the nut so that you know what it should look like when your installing it. Another item I need to make an install thread for.

05140018_resize.JPG

Make sure it doesn't look like this

05140015_resize.JPG

If it does lift up on the tube like this while you tighten the tube on to the AN fitting.

05140016_resize.JPG

On some oil pans this threaded part spot welded into the pan gave some interference. This pan shown does not but on the pan I use for the tool at the Bending shop does, you can either torque it until the flat of the nut is parallel with the axis of the crank or you can clearance that welded nut (part spot welded in the oil pan) with a die grinder.

05140011_resize.JPG

Use Teflon tape on the BSP thread, (the tapered one) and use silicone on the threads between the nut and the end of the fitting. Put the silicone on the threads on my part, NOT ON THE OIL PUMP THREADS. You don't want any silicone in the oiling system.

I will show a photo of this later, sorry I don't have one now.

Also be nice to these parts when installing just because they have a big hex on them doesn't mean you torque the crap out of them. Remember they only have to seal oil pressure not hold a wheel on a car.

Last edited:

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
My engine runs great, when I push the stand around...lol

I was wondering the same thing. It looks hot tucked around the oil pump though.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
slow_yota said:
Arz I'm interested in buying a kit, When will the next batch be available?
paypal addy?
total cost?
south bend, In.

Very soon, I anticipate having complete kits ready my Monday, but like I have said before. This kind of thing is completely out of my hands. You wouldnt believe how many times I have ordered things like this only to wait 2 weeks to find out that the items that show up arent what I ordered. It really does blow me away how often this exact senario happens. I get all stressed out for telling all you guys one thing and not being able to deliver on time, and there is absolutely nothing I can do. As soon as I get this next batch I will start a thread in my section to keep this thread on topic.

I feel bad I have been polluting this thread with my wears. Maybe a Mod and clean it up back to the point of my last thread and I can provide a link to my section.

We will see, dont worry I will keep you guys posted.

IJ said:
927mgtepatquote said:
Has anyone got their engine running with this on it yet? Just wondering the differnce in oil pressure?
Why would there be?

I would assume there would be slight increase in pressure if you changed the over pressure spring in the pump but the whole system is still subject to the Oil Squirter check valves issue and the stock Oil Cooler Issue. As Adjusted stated his, pressure is the highest I have ever heard of. Im not 100% sure that is such a great thing (although he really hasnt overdone it "pressure wise" in my opinion), as excessive oil pressure can cause bearing gouging, but I dont think we are up into that kind of pressure and flow either. You should be shooting for just a small increase in pressure and flow. But if you are still using the stock gauge I dont even want to hear about any oil pressure quotes. The stock gauges are so unreliable and center weighted I dont think any reading from them can be trusted.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Andy: I think Pat was meaning there would be a pressure increase just from the hardpipe?

Pressure is resistance to flow so the pipe would have less resistance ;)

If a motor was dropping PSI at high rpm the hardpipe might help out there but as you noted peak pressure in these motors is somewhat limited by the controlled leaks.

Still interested to see the results of the flow tests when you find time to perform them.