Ways to cure 7M oiling issues

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
I would, but all the parts (even my prototype parts) are still at the machine shop and the tube bending shop and each shop is at the opposite end of town. Dont worry I will thuroghy document it. Like I said Im shooting for a minimum inside diameter of .510 inches.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
problem is the hole to the oil filter tapers down to less then 0.5in. so theres your restriction. i plugged that hole wit ha 1/2in press in pipe plug. the hole below it which is used for the oil cooler feed on n/a's, is directly from the pump. i intend to drill and tap that for a 20mm to 10an fitting. and the passage to that from the pump and the pump outlet im doing the same, and runing a 10an line from the pump to that fitting. then a 10an into the block. all my oil lines will be 10 an. i figure since this will be transfered to my race motor when done might as well just go all out on it. 8an should be fine, but i figure 10an cant possibly hurt.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
^^^Yea I hear ya!!!^^^

I didnt say anything about the stuff I dont touch. Im saying from the Oil Pump to the Block the line will (should be) bigger than .510 inches inside diameter. Thats quite a bit bigger than what was there before and without a banjo fitting.

BTW I finally got the quote back and I will be able to sell these complete kits for $129 + shipping and handling.

Again I wont have parts until Wednesday night at the earliest and be able to ship Friday or Saturday at the earliest.

I will start a new thread and post a link in this thread when I have parts in hand. I have enough parts for 9-10 kits to ship right away, they will be first paid first shipped. It will be about a 1 week wait for the next 10 to be finished. If you need yours right away get on this ASAP. I know I had more than 10 people that expressed interest in this forum and a few more that just PM'd me directly.

Im not holding out on the next 10 parts, I just wiped out the local supply of -10 fittings, they said it will just be a couple of days before they get them restocked.

Last edited:

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Sorry for no updates recently. The Tube bender promised tubes Wesnesday and obviously they dropped the ball. If you want all the details I can PM them to you but the short story is they said they will have them later today, Monday at the latest. Im very sorry for holding you guys up if your in a pinch for time. Updates will follow tonight.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I don't get why people think that the 7M has "oil issues" I run my car hard and I am sure not many people drive as far as I do let alone race it. ZERO problems period. :3d_frown:

PS: 7M is a hands down great engine and I love it! :biglaugh:

Duane

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
upgradedsupra said:
I don't get why people think that the 7M has "oil issues" I run my car hard and I am sure not many people drive as far as I do let alone race it. ZERO problems period. :3d_frown:

Duane
what did you use for the oil pump line? Pm me if you could please.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
JustAnotherVictim said:
So... I shouldn't send money now?
^^^Yup you should!!!^^^

I got an update late this afternoon. The first batch of 10 are done I will be able to ship them first thing on monday. If you want to get your order in on this first batch of 10 parts it will be first paid first served.

Get on it, more than half are already spoken for.

Again Pm me your Zip and I will PM you a total price and my PP address.

Thanks

Andy Z

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
upgradedsupra said:

Duane
I dont think anyone in this thread has problems with the 7M. But I also dont see why you wouldnt want to try to upgrade the oil system. I dont see anything but benefits from it. The oil pump is the heart of the motor. Flowing more is a positive thing.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
mk3forme said:
I dont think anyone in this thread has problems with the 7M. But I also dont see why you wouldnt want to try to upgrade the oil system. I dont see anything but benefits from it. The oil pump is the heart of the motor. Flowing more is a positive thing.

Don't fix it if it aint broken ;)

Duane

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
^^^Thanks for your conrtibutions to this thread^^^

It seems nothing ever goes 100% to plan.

Im very sorry to tell you guys that I wont be able to ship today. On Saturday I picked up the tubes, and on Sunday I went to pick up the last of the fittings, remember each are at opposite ends of town (almost a 2 hours drive from each other). I look thru the fittings and they are just not right. Im very very sorry. This is something that is just out of my control. I didnt want to chicken little everyone yesterday until I had a solution.

I finally have it all sorted out and anticipate having parts in the mail Wednesday.

Again I am very sorry for the delay. I will be keeping you guys up to date if there is any new news.