Ways to cure 7M oiling issues

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
AN - (dash) sizes are based on tube sizes they are. The symbol "-" (dash) is commonly used in the aircraft industry, when used in a sentence referencing drawings "Whats the next dash number?" you would be asking whats the next assembly? When used in a sentence referencing AN fittings you would be asking whats the next size of tubing/fitting.

AN dash sizes are directly related to the outside diameter of a tube and refer to 16th of an inch, so a -8 would be a 1/2 inch OD (outside diameter) tube. The inside usually depends (in the automotive world) on what material the part is made of, in the aircraft industry it is a very consistant number controlled by a military spec. Most of the -8 aluminum fittings I have seen are about 3/8 ID (inside diameter) obviously automotive fittings will vary because they are not controlled by a military spec.

I am still working on it (the tube assembly) I was at the machine shop until 9:00 last night. Waiting on one little piece. I might have photos tonight, sorry for the delay.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Yea I found that, just yesterday myself. The problem is I havent made sure the jamb nut wont force the fitting into the side of the oil pan.

Sorry for the delay on the photos, a few things came together and a few fell apart.

If you are going to use -8 why change it at all? Chances are -8 is smaller than the stock line.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
the 8an doest have the crush bends in the tube. i doubt those bends on the stock pipe are the same as an -8. also, on the 5m, it has mor bends, and since i have it in a mkii, i have to use the 5m pump and pan. i may goahead and do everything on mine in 10 because of the power level im going for, but 8 should be sufficient.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
That is a BSP 90 fitting.
I have the AN10 sized one on my pump. Not really sure it's needed, but that's where I ended up.

ARZ's tube setup appears to be a better deal however. :)

The pan clears it, and you can slightly turn the pump, and bend everything to fit with minimal issues.

Looks like this on the pump in place with the hose/fittings I used.
p532955_1.jpg

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Ok I finally have a finished product to show you guys. These are made with .049 wall hydraulic tubing. After making the Aluminum tubing I found more than one source that stated that it wasnt rated for any more pressure than 50 psi. This new stuff is rated at over 1000 psi so I think you will be safe. To all of those that think they will try this by themselves, I say "Go Right Ahead" This was a total PITA!!!

You have to be right on the money for the width and the angles and the height. On top of that you have to miss the oil pan. I must have thrown away 20 feet of tubing trying to nail this down. Now I can see exactly why the factory line has that kink in it. That was were they got all of their tolerance from.

Now for some good news.

I should have parts ready to mail by Wednesday March 7th. BTW the theoretical minimum inside diameter is .527 which is quite a bit bigger than the 30% stated before.

Now for the bad news.

I havent been quoted a price on the tubes, I have a ballpark figure but no hard and fast quote. I can assure you that the price wont increase by more than 15%. I hope that this dosent push this product out of the affordability range. It is far superior than the stock component.

Sorry I couldnt bring my shiny motor down to the tube shop, sorry for the dirty motor photos.

Hope you like it

05020025_resize.jpg

05020026_resize.JPG

05020019_resize.JPG

Last edited:

mcoleman5

Jun 12, 2005
Columbus, GA
arz said:
OK heres the deal.... my machinist has the tools for cutting these special threads now and I have a quote back from the CNC tube bender. Looks like the price will be $129.00 for the complete kit to run a hard line from the oil pump to the block with my special AN fittings. Both ends will be 37deg JIC flare and the tube will be flared and the B-nuts and tube sleves already installed.

Before I cut the CNC bender guy and My Machinist loose I need to know how many people are interested in this product.

The complete kit will consist of:
2 steel special AN fittings
a Jamb nut,
2 tube nuts (B-nuts)
and 2 tube sleeves
with the pre-bent and flared tube (all nuts and sleves installed) of course.

This will be a bolt on kit and will only require the application of teflon tape at the threads. I will have pictures of the kit some time this weekend hopefully.

What I need to know ASAP:
Who is interested in this kit and if you are willing to buy right away? You dont need to pay at this moment, just a gentlemans agreement that you will pay for this as soon Im ready to ship them. I will provide photos of the parts ASAP.

The first batch will be pre-production parts and look slightly different than the CNC bent tubing, but will function and perform exactly the same.

Lead time on the parts will be between 1-2 weeks before I can ship them.

The price will be $129.00 plus shipping and handling.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I am interested in buying one, just let me know when its available

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I'm still in ;).

Just to clarify things: There will no drilling and tapping in new threads like previous design correct? If so, it will not flow as much as you previously inteded, but it will still be better than what we had right?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
There will no drilling and tapping in new threads like previous design correct?
Correct!!!

If so, it will not flow as much as you previously inteded, but it will still be better than what we had right?
Incorrect! I fully intend for this to be better (bigger) than all the measurements I showed on my original aluminum tubed design.

Last edited: