The LHD Digidash Bible

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I remember reading something about the connectors on the back of the circuit that changes it to MPH along with the other stuff I think it was in Stretch's thread

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
^I was just about to mention that, IIRC it was as simple as switching some wires, the conversion is done internally.
Did you do anything to carry over the gauge idents, "temp", "Oil Pres", "Fuel" etc? I cant tell. Whats the difference between the 2 fuel sending units? Different resistance sweep? Either way good work.

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Yeah I changed the one I installed to mph. That was like 8 years ago. It was put in a usdm car that was converted to rhd.

I applaud your work and commitment to the project.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I haven't figured out a pretty way to carry those over yet. I need to meet someone who does silkscreen printing. That would be the best option I think.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Grizzly

Aug 16, 2005
Minden
My congatulations to this verry clean build !
I´m from Germany and doing the same. Did you get rid of the stick at 180Km/h problem ?
I purchased my Dash from Knight Rider ( Peter ) he is also a MKIII driver. He started this project long years ago. He drove with the dash allready but his buid was not as clean as yours. I will really follow this thread !

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Thanks a bunch! I haven't tackled the 180km/h issue yet. I just bought an electronic km/h to mph converter so the numbers will read out in mph. I also have to cut and solder the traces on the board to illuminate the correct legends.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Hey thanks! I'm heading back home now from a weekend of snowmobiling in the mountains. Next I'll be showing how to make the old analog fuel sender work with the new dash.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well a small update. I figured out the part numbers for the 3 connectors for the digidash. They are made by Yazaki and are part of their 2.3mm terminal line of connectors. The 12 pin connector is 7123-1210; the 18-pin is 7283-1180; the 20-pin is 7283-1200. Now sourcing those might prove difficult. Digikey doesn't seem to have them. I'll have to do more research.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I only wish there were more pics and details on how to do some of the things like a full walk through lol. I would attempt this myself but I don't feel confident enough unless I had more info and pics. I am more of a visual person.