Targa people, would you be interested in...

Would you be interested in one?

• Yes

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Depends on the price

Votes: 35 44.3%

• Total voters

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
I have a really good friend of mine who is a fabricator has made a "targa brace"...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This brace is made to eliminate that annoying wiggle you get wile driving around with the targa off.
We are thinking of fabricating more and I am wondering if this would be of interest to people who want more stability with the targa off.

Last edited:

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
Depends on the price and how it looks with the car. I like the idea though. Nicely fabricated to boot.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My Weezl Wings look good in the car and it definately helps eliminate the shimmies and shakes. This one is a little smaller, but should still look good while in the car. When Weezl designed his, it seemed everybody wanted one............until it was time to get one. Then of cours, everybody was broke. Good luck selling these.....you're going to need it.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Nobody makes any - why not put some R&D into those? I'd do it myself (hell, I've done the Probe pistons and ES Bushings) but I've got too much else going on.

Like a 13" front brake kit for ~$700, using off the shelf components. After I complete those, subframes are next on my list of things to do.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Doward;1108333 said:
Why does everyone ignore subframe connectors? They'd let you eliminate the shimmy, AND keep the top completely open!

SPD TRP;1108400 said:
Well, who makes them?

Wayne

Funky_monkey had a GB on them some time ago. I think he only sold like 10-12 kits.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
To get back on topic:

americanjebus;1108215 said:
Good craftsmanship,

but no.

Having a bar like that would be worse than just keeping the top on.

Ummm...NO. Not true.
I have a set of Weezle Wings myself. There is a noticeable difference in chassis flex with the brace installed vs top off with nothing.

These look like a good alternative.