sleepy eye mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

swalay

Apr 12, 2008
ontario
:1zhelp: i was wondering if any one could help me with the sleepy eye :3d_frown: mod.
i want my headlights to flip up half way instead of all the way.
i tried the pivot headlight controller doesnt work that well.
is there anyway of adjusting the rod or arm that rotates the headligths or the motor some how...
thanks in advance

Attachments

• blue halo.jpg
    blue halo.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142
  • 10033.jpg
    10033.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 134

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
swalay;1235352 said:
:1zhelp: i was wondering if any one could help me with the sleepy eye :3d_frown: mod.
i want my headlights to flip up half way instead of all the way.
i tried the pivot headlight controller doesnt work that well.
is there anyway of adjusting the rod or arm that rotates the headligths or the motor some how...
thanks in advance

want to know why there is no write up or info on the famous sleepy eye mod??

Because its ugly as fuck. Sorry that I'm not able to help you molest your car...

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
kwnate;1235419 said:
want to know why there is no write up or info on the famous sleepy eye mod??

Because its ugly as fuck. Sorry that I'm not able to help you molest your car...

Wow dude i think thats a little uncalled for. He has his own taste, and if he wants to mod his car in such a fasion, he can. If you dont like it then thats fine. I for one think its a very agressive look it gives to the MKIII's, and i too do plan on doing this mod when the time comes.

Here is a thread showing how you can do it, not the most in depth, but helps you get an idea of what is involved.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18540

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
pbasil1;1235430 said:
Wow dude i think thats a little uncalled for. He has his own taste, and if he wants to mod his car in such a fasion, he can.

I have my own taste as well, I never said he shouldn't mod his own car. I've seen some that look ok, but stock is better imo.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
kwnate;1235442 said:
I have my own taste as well, I never said he shouldn't mod his own car. I've seen some that look ok, but stock is better imo.

stock is perfect when you think about light output, half functioning headlights would be like doing a sleepy seatbelt mod.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
This is one of those questions, that if you have to ask, you probably have no business doing it. Thats just my opinion! Kinda like "how do i convert my supra to 2jzgtte and awd"

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I don't quite remember who it was..maybe drjonez ...or maybe someone else.
p1235703_1.jpg

I asked him once, how it's done, and yes, the arms that move the lights should be shortened.
I think it looks very nice, and if you're not planning to drive on the highway at nights...why not? I considered this myself, and maybe once...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
To do it so it actually looks good is going to cost more than you're willing to spend, and is more work than you're likely willing to do.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
shaeff;1235716 said:
To do it so it actually looks good is going to cost more than you're willing to spend, and is more work than you're likely willing to do.
:withstupi:icon_bigg
90% of the people who do this are not willing to spend the money to do it the right way where it makes it look like ass and even worse dangerous.

Although there are a few people who have pulled it off on here where it's functional and classy.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Ok, kids, this thread has gone south from the start...

To the OP: Consider what you are doing to your car, with the venom removed, you can see there are a lot of people who are against this "mod" for some very good reasons.

To the rest: Education beats the pants off of humiliation any day of the week.

Let's try to keep the petty bullshit out of the tech sections. If a mod is a bad idea, tell the person why, but keep the insults to a minimum please.

Status
Not open for further replies.