Race Ready 7M

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I'm looking into replacing the stock H2O pump with an electric pump, so that the cooling system can not experience cavitation above 6K RPM.
This car is to be used on a road course and the red line will be 6.5K with the engine normally turning at between 4K and red line for 20 minute stints.

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Next on the list is improving the cooling on the brakes. Phillip at VIP Performance is going to put the Supra up on the rack and start designing new cooling for the rears and re routing the front ducting to make it more efficient at cooling to improve its stopping power.Driver's side brake cooling.jpgPassenger side brake cooling.jpg

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Now adding this item: aem_gaswatermethanol.jpg
AEM H2O/Meth kit, and having the leak in the Koyo racing rad, stopped. It leaks from the drain plug. I'm having it welded to seal it tight.

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
H2O/Meth kit installedWP_000726.jpgdyno runs with H2O Meth.jpgPower is consistent after the H2O/Meth.:) This will provide reliable power that will alow me to drive the car more consistently. The HP average is 395 and Tq average is 352 ft lb.

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Car failed Tech inspection for fuel in the cockpit?!
They suggested as it is a hatchback, I put the fuel outside the car, near the fuel tank. The H2O/Meth tank is five gallons. I had this thought of duct tapping the tank to the roof! That's outside the cockpit. LOL

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Van;2024536 said:
Car failed Tech inspection for fuel in the cockpit?!
They suggested as it is a hatchback, I put the fuel outside the car, near the fuel tank. The H2O/Meth tank is five gallons. I had this thought of duct tapping the tank to the roof! That's outside the cockpit. LOL

Tech's are claiming the H2O/Meth a fuel? Are you mixing greater 50/50 (H2O/Meth). At this concentration, the mixture isn't combustable (I think), so I'm not sure why they consider it a fuel. I also know many other peop's that have the meth reservoir inside the hatch with no tech inspection issues.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
BlackDevilSupra;2024639 said:
Tech's are claiming the H2O/Meth a fuel? Are you mixing greater 50/50 (H2O/Meth). At this concentration, the mixture isn't combustable (I think), so I'm not sure why they consider it a fuel. I also know many other peop's that have the meth reservoir inside the hatch with no tech inspection issues.
I contacted Snow Performance that makes "Boost Juice" that's in the tank and I was given the material safety data sheet that says it cannot be made non poisonous and a flash point of 480 degrees F.
The City of Portland that operates PIR track still doesn't want drivers on the Road Course having fluids in the cockpit that could soak the driver then catch fire in a roll over. So, I've decided to relocate the tank up in the front of the car. There is space under the headlights... The tank size would have to be one gallon. I'm told that size tank holds enough that it might last one day at the track. No way to know until we try it.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Update: City doesn't require that the renters of the race track not have fuel in the cock pit, only a recommendation; as it makes sense from a safety standpoint. They are referring to sanctioning bodies like SCCA and NASA who may require that for safety and insurance reasons. I'm in talks with Cascade Sports Car Club to have them allow these windshield washer tanks in the cock pit for HPDE or with a sealed filler cap. The one on the tank is vented to air and does allow some fluid out a vent hole in the cap during a hard launch.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I got the final ruling Friday about the H2O/Meth tank in the cock pit: it has to be in a box with a seal/gasket access panel and within a bulkhead separated from the cockpit in order to be inside the car. So out goes the 5 gal tank!
I'm now thinking of placing a 1 Gal tank where the stock battery goes. and routing the tubing around the engine bay.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Sorry to go OT but Ian I will be copying you with the setup, and just about to get onto putting the sensor and pickup into the washer bottle, any pics of where the pickup went? I have one of the level sensor but can't quite see where you made the hole for the feed, have all the fittings here ready to go

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
HKS_TRD;2028916 said:
Sorry to go OT but Ian I will be copying you with the setup, and just about to get onto putting the sensor and pickup into the washer bottle, any pics of where the pickup went? I have one of the level sensor but can't quite see where you made the hole for the feed, have all the fittings here ready to go
You can see the hole just under the middle connector Dan
meth03.jpg