Race Ready 7M

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
!BoN6DbwB2k~$(KGrHqYH-CgEuYslYskHBLmo2g3oD!~~_1.jpg
This is being placed on the rear hubs. The rotors will be slotted not drilled!
I'm tired of having spongy brakes at the track after only three sessions!
The next upgrade is a new full flow oil cooler from Earls mounted in the stock position, but using a separate path for the hot air to pass away from the radiator. VIP Performance will design a baffle using ABS plastic sheet and aluminum brackets to hold it all in place.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Has anybody used these coil overs for the track to circuit race, on their Supra?
510 coil overs by fortune auto.png They're made by Fortune Auto and are fully customizable/rebuildable and only $1700.00
I was planning on going with the 16kg/mm front and 12kg/mm rear spring rates.

Last edited:

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
If it helps Im on the tein super streets and they are 16k front and 9k rear. and I have st sways and some other stuff. I feel like its a lil soft in the turns some times. Iv been taking weight out tho. It was 3520 with me in a full of fuel.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thanks!
You've helped me make my decision not to go with 16kg/mm, rather 18kg/mm and 12kg/mm (front/rear).
1-2clutch-u;2047269 said:
lotta pics n vid too.
This is on Ebacih springs and tok hp blues and st sways

This is with tein super streets with st sways and battle ver arms.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Another track weekend with 85 -90 degree temps in the shade, and much hotter on the track at 120 degrees (on 3pm run). Had to let air out of the tires to help keep them from getting too greasy. Half way through a run they would start to go away, so I had to start managing them as I've never had to before, by being super smooth with transitions and braking, not getting on them as long and hard, gradual throttle, etc...

The BIG problem was getting some coolant temps over spec and having to manage them as well by short shifting. Since switching to water and water wetter, this has been a problem. I'm planning on returning to glycol/water mix to solve the problem of rising coolant temps.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I think these are interesting posts on ffcars.com

All:

You can make your own Evans coolant. Their MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) states that it is 70% Ethylene Glycol and 30% Propylene Glycol with "Proprietary" corrosion inhibitors which are present in standard antifreeze brands available for about 15 bucks a gallon at your local auto parts store. You can get both EG and PG and mix it yourself. I did look up the MSDS for PG and sure enough it will self ignite at about 699 degrees F. Thats a lot less than the temperature of the engine headers.

https://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927239

Also If you ever get an engine leak and pure glycol gets under your tires, you will think your tires have been replaced by ball bearings. SCCA and as far as I know, NASA allow antifreeze but most circle track organizations don't allow it because it is so slick when it gets on the track. If you use a high pressure cap in the 20# range the boiling point of the coolant is raised quite a bit and proper hoses and gaskets should work fine and not leak. I have always used a can or two of water pump lube and corrosion inhibitor in my street and race cars.

Ron

I meant to respond to these two claims as well. The glycols have a substantially lower specific heat capacity than does water or 50/50. It is about half that of pure water and about 75% that of 50/50. So, in the same system with the same volume and radiator size, the temperature of the glycol coolant must be higher than with water or 50/50. There is no way around it. The reason is that in order to dissipate the same heat in the radiator, it must increase the delta-T, meaning that the temperature of the coolant must be higher.

I also think the argument that it transfers heat better than water because water can turn to steam is a disappointing strawman. In a properly configured and operating cooling system, the water doesn't turn to steam, and as such, the water is the one that transfers heat better.

I'm not trying to shoot the product down, just trying to inject some reality. The product clearly has some advantages. It is truly a no-pressure coolant. It is also quite a bit less likely to promote corrosion. I don't however, buy the idea that an expansion tank is not necessary. Perhaps a smaller one will do, but all fluids will expand when heated.

It also has some distinct disadvantages. It is far more expensive than it should be, probably because it is a niche product. It has a lower specific heat capacity than traditional coolant. It is also flammable.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thanks "BlackDveilSupra" and "3p141592654" for the feedback. I'll be taking the problem of overheating the coolant to fellow CSCC Club members at our next meeting.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I'm using the stock coolant temp gauge, a Mishimoto rad and 19Lbs cap. It catches my eye on the front straight where we can reach speeds of 180... I get to 140ish. I go through both high speed turns 10 and 11 into turn 12 a big sweeper, onto the front straight and about three quarters into the front straight it starts to climb, then I back off the throttle and it starts to go back down to normal. This is where I get passed each time:( I'm most concerned for this motor as it has suffered this for part of last season and now again. I helped build this engine so it means a lot to me that I keep it happy and cool. ;)

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
20150718_165431.jpgMy new oil temp, Trans temp and Dif temp gages are Autometer and work well so I'll take the car out to the track in Sept and I'll see what happens.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Van, do you have Dif and Trans(manual 5spd?) cooler. You're monitoring temperatures, so I'm envisioning that you have some type of cooler(s) to mitigate temps if they are getting too high?

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Coolant temp gauge is in the works.
I'm not currently cooling the trans and dif, but want to see where the temps are, then when needed, I'll retrofit coolers.
I recall Josbeat on this forum, when he installed the flat bottom to his car, he needed to cool the trans, but not the dif.