Project Clean 87

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
if anything you should use that as a mold, and make your own one off.

because the quality of the piece you just posted is uh.. gross. #don'ttakethisashatecuzilikeubro,thatsjunkthough

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Gross how? The backside looks like shit because of all the holes that were covered and the Gorillia Glue that I used to glue the aluminum, but the backside won't be seen once it's installed. And remember, I will be having it covered in cloth (probably black pleather) so you won't see the aluminum. Depending on how things go I want to get an AIM style dash installed and then build my own dash and center console since the stock ones just don't look right anymore with all the stuff I've removed.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
It will look good with the pleather i assume. Just hard for me to visualize with it being blank but im sure you will add in the necessary pieces to make it functional. Cant wait to see it finished.

I dont know how well the seems are from the plastic to the metal are but a little touch of body filler might blend it smooth for better cloth fitment.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The seams are fairly smooth as I took an angle grinder with a flapper wheel to them and the edges are flush since I made it purposely too big. No other accessories will be added. All I want it to have is just the power port since I don't have heat, A/C, or a stereo anymore. As you see it now is the final product except for a little filling in of a couple small gaps and covering it with cloth.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Oh ok, have you considered fiber glassing in a stereo pocket near the 12v source to hold your phone, I figured that is why your retained it. Might be nice to have a storage pocket close at hand.

They have a real nice black leatherette called Lexus something at JoAnns on College way. Your whole center and what not would look good covered in it.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, I'm thinking about doing that, I do find myself needing a place for my cell phone/change while driving.I was thinking about covering the dash vent holes with fleece and resin (and possibly some sort of filler piece like wood and fiber resin to smooth out the transition) then covering it with cloth. And later when I go with a digital dash I'd just modify the instrument cluster part of the dash so the digital dash looks OEM. The leatherette looks really good. I agree, I think it would look very nice in my interior.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I took off my intake manifold and lower runner to replace the injectors today. Turns out I had assembled the injectors wrong and put the adaptor in the wrong spot. In the process of removing the last bolt from the intake manifold I accidently hit the starter with my wrench and fried it. I'll replace that tomorrow then put it all back together. I did atleast get the center console finally installed. Just had to remove 2 pins from the connector then solder in 2 new wires fire the new power port.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the injectors replaced and my starter, but I was needing a new one anyways. The injectors fixed my stutter issue and I took it for a test drive this morning with no problems. I did make a new mounting bracket for the MAP sensor per Steve Ishii's recommendation. I'll be on the dyno on the 16th, time to finally see what she does :)

qqsaqw.jpg

11kcwmw.jpg

2qa3976.jpg

1g0jva.jpg

2lnwz1x.jpg

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
How much horsepower are you making now adam?

Here in a little while I'll be doing my 1jz swap too. Still need lots of parts been out of the game for awhile...

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Finally got around to trimming the center console cover piece and Gorilla Glueing it down. I'm holding it down with duct tape (the actual stuff, not duck tape) so it adheres the way I want it to. I also cut out the base of the storage area in preparation of the switch panel mounting.

2aim39v.jpg

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
honestabe;1846353 said:
Finally got around to trimming the center console cover piece and Gorilla Glueing it down. I'm holding it down with duct tape (the actual stuff, not duck tape) so it adheres the way I want it to. I also cut out the base of the storage area in preparation of the switch panel mounting.

2aim39v.jpg

Exciting

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So, after a 2 1/2 month hiatus from the Supra I finally replaced the bad hard brake line tonight with a new temp hard line. I'm ordering a roll of stainless hard line and a Wilwood porportioning valve to replace the stock non-proportioning one. I moved the MAP sensor back where it belongs and just need to get a cap for the vacuum line fitting that I previously used. I'm not worried about the hole in the firewall pinchweld, I'll be taking care of that before too long :)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ok, I'm finally back. The temp brake line was a failure. I took it to the local brake shop Wednesday and had them replace the hard line and T-junction. Once I got it back this morning I flushed the brake system. Ordered a bottle of ATE Super Blue brake fluid along with a replacement hood latch and started plugging the holes in the engine bay to make it water proof.

I took it down to a local ish get together tonight and it's definitely time to replace the tires. The rear tires are down to the wear marks and I have no traction when I gun it on the freeway. Gonna look into getting a set of Toyo R1R's and 2 new rims that are the same size as the rear. I'll have to pull the front fender to make it them clear but that will only be a temp thing since I have a set of fenders waiting to be properly widened and painted sitting on my shelf. Now I just need to learn how to weld...