Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Activities???

Devon, if it's a dedicated track car then I'd remove anything not needed to go fast. This includes wiring, bumper supports, brackets, insulation, interior panels, any accessories in the engine not needed, turn signals, lights (might still need these if running at night), and of course replace all glass with plexi and make the windows fixed shut with no adjustment and weld the passenger door shut, and replace the hood with a CF one.. If I were to make my Supra a dedicated track car I'd replace the fuel tank with a 10-gallon cell, and do as above. With as far as I've taken my Supra so far if I were to go to the track only step I could probably get my Supra down to 2800 lbsm if not less depending on how much stuff I want to re-design.

Last edited:

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Cool. I just weighed my Supra today. 3210 without me and a 1/2 tank. Still haven't drilled out my bumper supports. It still has the stock seats including the super heavy electric driver's seat. I've got a bare metal floor. No AC. No heater ducting. No climate controls or stereo. Ditched cruise, traction control computers and a bunch of ac fan relays. Bye bye headlight washers. Cobra front brake conversion. No interior panels just dashboard and center console.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
2 days ago (been a long week, including my 11 hour shift yesterday) I took off the hood fire blanket and air intake pipe and sanded out the tig burns. With any luck I'll have the hood painted this week. I just have to sand, prime and paint it.

2guf4og.jpg

16gzou8.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the hood painted, although I will take it off before too long and do some more work to it. I also relocated the PS reservoir since it's not a sealed system. I created a bracket and mounted it to the PS pump bracket. I also towed it down to Ishii Motor Industries in Bellevue and turns out my MAP sensor was bunk so they replaced it and the connector with a true GM 3-bar MAP sensor and connector. I'll be taking the hood back off before too long (after I finish up the center console) and do a lot more work to it.

pnhcj.jpg

52ic0i.jpg

2m3ohee.jpg

2i6mma.jpg

33eq0wi.jpg

xv8z9.jpg

16axmkh.jpg

fxf4sj.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Picked up a mint center console the other day and stripped it down the the bare bones and made a cover panel out of a sheet of aluminum and Gorilla glued it in place. I still need to trim a little more then do some bondo'ing to fill in the gaps so it can be covered in cloth. I need to pick up a new center piece though (the storage area one between the seats) and start from scratch on that too.

sdlgr8.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My center console. I will be grinding down the excess and then covering it in cloth along with installing a relocated power port to the upper right hand corner. Eventually I will be building a whole new dash all together, center console included.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the front center console piece done. I trimmed the aluminum so it's nice and flush and installed the new power port. I just have to do a little re-wiring of the power port wiring to extend it and get rid of the 2 wires for the light ring and put it in.

2rrsboj.jpg

2v7tnq1.jpg

14ms94i.jpg

2ue4d9d.jpg