Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Time for an update. I've been busy as hell lately since my Geo got totalled a month ago (T-boned in the drivers wheel). I replaced the alternator and serpentine belt today (had to modify the alternator a little because of the water pump bracket), wrapped my center console and switch panel in pleather (still need it to be professionally re-done), and mounted my switch panel into my center console (I used stubby popiscle sticks glued together to act as a support). I got it all put together just in time to head to a local meet tonight along with UpgradedSupra.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the headlights adjusted last night, they are super bright and light up the road the way I want them to. I'll be changing the old HID setup out for one that matches the new ones I just got since the light output difference is very noticable. I'll try and take photo's tonight if I remember.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Right now. Here's my lights on in various combo's (I have 3 total sets of lights, 2 HID and the stock fogs). I'll be upgrading my old HID's to the ones I just got because the difference is very, very noticable.

High's and Lows. Highs, then all.

And now some shots from last Saturday's ImportMeet.com cruise-in at the Sonic in Ferndale, WA.

Photo's taken by Poirer-Arts.com photographers Nick and Melissa

Photo taken by another member of ImportMeet.com

And lastly this photo was taken by Matt from ImportMeet.com

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bad news, my wastegate failed on the dyno and it would spike to 20 psi when it hit 15 lbs of boost. It did manage to make 365 RWHP with ease though. On the way back to the shop 4th gear started to go on me and by the time I made it to GrimJack's house the transmission was toast and the car would struggle to move

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Buy the DM kit and needle bearings from Toyota and rebuild it yourself. It is not hard at all. You will need a press and some C-clip pliers. I believe rebuilding the beatbox would be better than looking for another used one but I am sure Grim can maybe recommend a good builder.

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
honestabe;722919 said:
I got a couple goodies in today. BIC motormounts, 4 Hella 50mm 55W H7 projector headlights. I'm going to light up the night like day. These are going to be mounted in my custom made (1 of 3) headlight boxes. Lexan covers and Polycarbonate boxes.

Adam

UMMM YET (WHERE THE FUCK) CAN I GET A SET OF THESE?!?!?!?!?? Could easily make a cool million if you mass produced these... WANT THOSE!!!!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The lights are from Hella. The light boxes are custom made. Unfortunately I have yet to figure out a way to make a good light box that I would want to replicate. Plus there's the factor of having to cut the radiator support and everybody would do it a little different and everybodies engine setup is a little different so this is a one-off thing and will never be produced for the masses.

Time for an update, I just pulled my transmission and tore it apart (although not the right way). I was convinced that my gears were torn to hell. Turns out one of my syncros was just off and cocked at an angle. Damn, I could have saved it had I just taken it to a pro. Ah well, atleast I had fun tearing my transmission apart.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I should have posted this on Wednesday but my replacement transmission is in the shop now getting rebuilt. I'm currently looking for a new Tial wastegate but am still trying to figure out which ones I can use (I have the DM 46mm Tial knockoff right now).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Looks like I may have found a good condition used Tial wastegate for about half of what a new one goes for. And I got a call today that my transmission is ready to be picked up. If all goes as planned Wednesday I'll be picking up my trans, making a stop at Harbor Freight for some supplies while I'm in the area, dropping off my battery at Wal-Mart to be replaced under warranty, and then head up to B.C. to buy a wastegate. By Thursday night my Supra should be back on the ground and getting driven again.