Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bill to the rescue again! He discovered a stash of NOS 46mm Tial wastegates and got them for a decent price and passed the savings on to me. Hello real Tial WG, I've needed you. Not looking forward to replacing it tomorrow since the location really sucks for space for a couple bolts. I also picked up my transmission this morning and ordered a new drain plug, drain plug gasket, and freeze plug and will pick them up tomorrow. And since I was low on supplies and was in Bellingham anyways I stopped in at Harbor Freight and picked up some much needed supplies, but forgot to get much needed shop towels.

keszm0.jpg

2qtzqpt.jpg

14ky94.jpg

29fv6gy.jpg

29pq71e.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the wastegate installed and the transmission bellhousing/drain plug/freeze plug installed. The real Tial 46mm WG is about 1/4" shorter than the DM knockoff. Here's pics of the trans and then pics of the DM wastegate on the left and the Tial wastegate on the right.

2b9u2p.jpg

23wp375.jpg

210kd1i.jpg

etsdhc.jpg

30sc5kj.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My Supra is back on the road as of last night. Trevor came over and helped me put my transmission in and we fired it up around 9 or 10 last night and took it for a short drive. The transmission was a little stiff at first, but it loosened up quickly. Next step, a serious bath and finish re-working my headlight lenses then make some brackets for my new seats.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Drain the gear oil after a couple hundred miles. I did mine after 500 miles. You really notice the difference as the parts wear in which makes the shifting smoother. You might find some metal shaving but don't expect tons of it, little particles are normal as the parts wear.

Trans. techs can correct me if I am wrong but I was told this by a rebuilder.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Over the last 2 days I've built mounting brackets for my new seats and had my buddy weld them up. They turned out pretty decent and now both seats are mounted and done. I re-used the stock seatbelts and mounted the buckle latch to the side of the seat. Next step, tuning then center console re-upholstry.

2mcg51w.jpg

s6rdcy.jpg

vr5z6f.jpg

16hkeox.jpg

2nj3g4.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So lately I've been rubbing in the back right wheel, tonight I fixed that. I raised up the drivers side about 1/4" and the passenger side about 3/8" (it looked like it was a little lower than the DS). There's about a 1" gap now and it looks pretty good still. I took it for a spirited drive with hard cornering and no more rubbing.

One bad thing, I bent one of my wheel studs in the process of loosening a lug nut and had to cut off the bent part of the stud. I'll get that replaced ASAP.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the wheel stud replaced late last night and have been working on my center console (both parts). I decided to do a stereo deletion and gave my front speakers to a friend (I'll do the rear ones later) the other night. I Gorilla Glue'd in metal panels to cover the climate control and rear passenger ash tray holes and then fiber resined (aka Kitty Hair) both parts and sanded them down tonight. I'm looking for someone to cover them with cloth now. Tomorrow I'm picking up a set of grey side trim off a 90.

t8lu28.jpg

s1njtt.jpg

25p0n78.jpg

34zdfr7.jpg

13zdglg.jpg

2d8koxi.jpg

mhwqs8.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
LOL. I just have a lot of projects to do and the only time I really drive it is when it's nice out or when I have a show. While driving to and from Olympia today to pick up my new trim I thought of another project that will take up a couple days time. I'm a little OCD, lol

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Time for me to stop slacking and update this again. Over the last couple days I installed my new trim (minus the rear center piece since that is currently MIA with the guy I bought it off of), ordered new clips for the passenger door trim since 2 were missing, mixed and painted the rear center trim piece along with the badging on the right rear corner (was white, now matches), de-wired my kill switch and ditched a couple of the cables that were no longer neccessary along with the grounding plate with apparently wasn't even tightened down, touched up a couple spots on the trim that were worn, and made my own special bolt to Gorilla Glue into the trim so I can bolt it in, temporarily painted my center console flat black since I have a car show coming up this weekend and won't be able to have it covered in time, and I removed the rear speakers while I was back there :)

35imzgi.jpg

21lr6lf.jpg

n2hmaa.jpg

1z65a1h.jpg

a45r0w.jpg

2u5w8yh.jpg

1goxhy.jpg

70dqpc.jpg

2gtr8dd.jpg

24ec275.jpg

oktop1.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
And now for todays projects, my OCD is kicking in and a couple people (Ron R., Duane, Dave) pointed out that I can relocate my powersteering reservoir. So with a bit of trimming and grinding it is now bolted to the top of the intercooler and just needs 2 new hoses. I also pulled the center console back out and removed the wiring that I could get at for the stereo head unit, mirror adjuster and drivers seat adjuster and tossed both switches. I had to do a little re-wiring as my boost gauge power and ground were wired into the same harness. Before too long I'll be removing my entire interior section by section and removing anything not used (wiring, brackets, etc...).

24gr4lx.jpg

11s1d0o.jpg

25tb6ah.jpg

rsaoue.jpg

nxjmyq.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Tonight I finished relocating the power steering reservoir and replaced both hoses. I also removed my dash and started removing all the unused wires again. Still have a bit more work to do on it before I can say it's ready to be put back in but I need to remove the front carpet and seats so I can remove more wires/insulation that aren't being used anymore. Ah the joy of removing crap that nobody will ever see. I even go so far as to de-pin connectors when possible. Thanks OCD.

351cx8h.jpg

2ihwkdd.jpg

2ci9zya.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My OCD went into overdrive and I took out every interior panel except for the rear quarter window panels, the front pillar panels, and the head lining. I went through the dash again and removed a lot more wires, including wires that I'd previously just snipped back and now I depinned the connectors of all dead pins. I went through the interior wiring behind the dash and the harnesses that run the length of the car on the inside. I also removed the door ajar sensors and the antenna's along with more of the rear window squirter line that I'd previously cut back. The end result is a large pile of wires with pins, misc. plastic housings that encase certain bundles of wires, and a few other items like bolts and brackets (including several brackets from the crash support). I also discovered a small brackets which had a little surface rust on it so I painted it flat black with rust prohibitor paint. Tomorrow I'll finish putting the interior back in (front and rear seats and the entire dash).

21liexd.jpg

244yu0i.jpg

34q8wsl.jpg

in8jty.jpg

1vfoj.jpg

a2bqsi.jpg

2ikw9ie.jpg

28ryuc0.jpg

szexkx.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My OCD went into overdrive and I took out every interior panel except for the rear quarter window panels, the front pillar panels, and the head lining. I went through the dash again and removed a lot more wires, including wires that I'd previously just snipped back and now I depinned the connectors of all dead pins. I went through the interior wiring behind the dash and the harnesses that run the length of the car on the inside. I also removed the door ajar sensors and the antenna's along with more of the rear window squirter line that I'd previously cut back. The end result is a large pile of wires with pins, misc. plastic housings that encase certain bundles of wires, and a few other items like bolts and brackets (including several brackets from the crash support). I also discovered a small brackets which had a little surface rust on it so I painted it flat black with rust prohibitor paint. Tomorrow I'll finish putting the interior back in (front and rear seats and the entire dash).

21liexd.jpg

244yu0i.jpg

34q8wsl.jpg

in8jty.jpg

1vfoj.jpg

a2bqsi.jpg

2ikw9ie.jpg

28ryuc0.jpg

szexkx.jpg

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hmm if results like this is what you get with OCD sign me up!! Unfortunately im on the other end of the specturm and believe me no one wants to see the results of a lazy slacker. Great work on the car. I cant believe how much you do that no one will ever even see. Your car is an inspiration. Oh and what PS resevoir is that?

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You'd be amazed at how many hours I have into my latest round of de-cluttering. I'm really eager to see how much my Supra weighs. Thank you very much, it's people like you that keep me going. The PS reservoir is the stock 1JZ reservoir that's just been cleaned up and modified a little.