Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I finally got around to installing a pair of LED lights for my map lights and had to put in some duct tape to help reflect the light better. Much better light output now and the light is actually white instead of a dull yellow.

25gt5xl.jpg

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
When you come over, you will have to show me shat you did to convert the map light to LEDs. I have an idea for how I want to do it, but it would be cool to see what you got going on.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Time to get this beast back on track for upgrades. I ordered a ClutchMasters FX400 6-puck clutch kit today along with a new set of Toyo R1R's. I'll order a set of front rims (same as I have right now) since the ones I have right now are a little damaged. Soon I'll be pulling my trans to get the leak fixed and install my new clutch so I can get it broken in and ready for The Independent Speed Shop to finish up where they started. ISS will be modifying my turbo manifold, building a custom catch can and downpipe, along with installing a boost gauge and tuning of course. Time to finally get that 500+ RWHP that I've been after for so long.

Tomorrow I'm also picking up a full interior minus the seats so I can start modifying it and streamlining it the way it should be.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Jay.

Some progress tonight. I ordered the front input shaft seal for my tranny, got the wheels pulled and the body on jack stands. The DS and exhaust are next to it on the ground now and half the tranny bolts are out. I had to stop to pick-up a 3/8" U-Joint and shop towels since my U-Joint grew legs and my lovely leaky tranny seal created a huge mess under my Supra. As a bonus, I discovered that sometime in the recent ish past I hit something hard enough to cause a decent hole in one of the small chassis braces. Looks like I need to do some patch work in the near future (this winter). The fun keeps on going, lol.

ghostmkiiiturbo

Aug 27, 2013
Florence, KY
Just went through your entire build tread. Very nice job on the supra. I can't wait to see your dash and entire interior when finished. I'm getting ready to buy another mkiii an 89 with 1.5jz swap with a DM 67MM single turbo. Keep up the amazing work.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Time to revive this beast. Currently experiencing clutch issues but I am pretty sure my flywheel is the cause, so I ordered a new Competition Clutch lightened steel flywheel and ARP bolts. I pulled the old headlight and fog light wiring and replaced them with paired 18 gauge wires that are much cleaner in design, lighter, and smaller. The wires are ran and in place and now I need to start the next related project, redesigning my center console layout a bit by covering it with either sheet metal in select areas, shaving some parts, relocating the switches, and installing a simple sliding panel to hide the switches. Gonna take a day or two to get that done.

On a related note, I have an appointment for the end of February at The Independent Speed Shop to have Tommy build me a one-off downpipe and catch can setup as well as modify my turbo manifold. Once he's done it's over to Bill for some time on the dyno to finally see what this beast puts down.

qsvCluj.jpg

dJM3MrE.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Tonight I shaved off the nubs on the center console, cut out the coin tray thing and did some test fitting and mocking up for the new switch panel. I need to pick up some sheet metal tomorrow at Value Village (heavy duty aluminum baking sheets are perfect for small jobs like this and dirt cheap at thrift stores) so I can make the new switch panel as well as the sliding door and cover for the storage area and ash tray.

INyiiJr.jpg

ni611Ld.jpg

gNd2zKs.jpg

bc5PTf1.jpg

H3drZaO.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Small update. I ordered a 24" x 48" x 1/8" sheet of ABS plastic so I can make my new center console cover that's solid enough to be a really solid base for me to have the whole center console covered with cloth. I experimented a little with a scrap piece of ABS sheet I have and with a little bit of heat from my small butane blow torch I can make a perfect 90 degree bend that's very tight. The console will have the same basic shape as it does now, but will look much, much simpler.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the switch panel all done tonight, along with the center console trimmed enough so I can mount the panel vertically in a spot that the wiring connectors won't interfere. Tomorrow I need to glue in a panel to hide the backside of the switch panel, clean up the edges of the center console and glue the switch panel in place. I also need to shorten the wiring harnesses since they're ridiculously long right now and paint the center section of the transmission tunnel black where the switch panel is. Finally, I need to make a new cover panel that will hide the switches completely save for a small hole designed for my pinky to remove the cover.