Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
It's too damn cold to detail the engine bay. I can see my breath during the warmest time of day here. Thanks Jonathan, there's a reason this car is called Project Clean 87. I would have never thought to heat the glue up. I even have a heat gun laying around here.

Anyways, I did more work on the car today. I mounted the clear corners, removed and flushed out my power steering pump resevoir (huge layer of dirt and grime built up on the screen), cut off the bracket that holds the wire that now go around the resevoir, and spray painted the resevoir black. I'll let the resevoir dry over night and install in the morning. I also took some fresh pictures at the park.

On a side note, I now have over 250 Mb's of pictures (204 photo's) to date.

0711231cb3.jpg

0711232su0.jpg

0711233kr6.jpg

0711234xy1.jpg

pspump0711231ey7.jpg

pspump0711232wy5.jpg

pspump0711233tt6.jpg

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Picked up my Earls braided stainless steel brake lines from Horsepower Freaks today, along with a set of new rear brake pads from my buddy at his parts store. I'll probably install them tomorrow, maybe wednesday.

stainlessbrakelines0711bs6.jpg

stainlessbrakelines0711me7.jpg

Adam

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Sure, now you tell me you would have given me a deal on the brake lines. BTW, that cool guy saved me a ton of time and anger and $80 by not replacing the PS pump. He also is responsible for getting my PS resevoir the abiliity to get painted (although I need to touch it up and can't because it's too freaking cold out). Side note, damn JDM dirt for making my car sound crappy and hurting.

Lucky for me, I have a friend who works at a parts store and sells me stuff at cost ($52 brake pads for $28 for example).

Pics of the brakes lines ^^^^^^^^^

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the Earl's braided stainless steel brake lines installed today. Luckily I decided to do it under the car tent I have because an hour into the job it started to pour (and hasn't stopped yet). 6 hours later, freezing cold, wet (water still soaked the ground and created puddles which my shoes and socks and pants absorbed), the brake lines are installed, bled, and the wheels are back on the ground. I'll test out the brakes tomorrow during the day.

stainlessbrakelines0711da1.jpg

stainlessbrakelines0711rx8.jpg

stainlessbrakelines0711or2.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bad news, some douche bag pulled out and T-boned my car today. I was leaving my wheel guys shop and the dumbass in a Dodge Intrepid pulled out without looking because "I don't have a stop sign" and "there usually isn't any traffic on this street." I'm taking care of this without the insurance companies since I'm going to repaint my car next year anyways, and I'm going widebody front and rear and removing all the side trim Luckily he missed anything of importance and just destroyed the fender and front of my door.. Now on with the carnage. I'm currently looking for a door and fender near me, color not important, although I do want the door to be whole (not gutted, no interior panel fine).:cry: :wtc:

On a side note, I was so pissed I punched my roof and now have knuckle imprints in my roof liner.

pb300001kn7.jpg

pb300002mv9.jpg

pb300003ht3.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bad news, my car has to be ugly sooner than I wanted it to be. Guess this gives me an excuse to start my body work early. When I saw the guy pull out, I slammed on my brakes. Unfortunately, it's wet, and my tires apparrently suck balls. I locked up all 4 tires (no ABS) and just slid and braced for impact. Yellow 13 is already coming to my rescue with a door and fender.

Adam

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
honestabe said:
Damn. Oh well, the color doesn't matter since I am getting rid of the side trim once I get my new fender and door. And once I start that, paint prep is going to start.

Adam

damn good reason to start working on the body now dosnt it?