Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The car is now at Roberts shop (935 Motorsports) and should be done within the next couple days. I also just picked this up.

Megan Racing rear strut bar.

I had a brilliant idea of getting a Y-pipe while the motor is out of the car, but Robert doesn't have any in stock, so I bought a 3" Driftmotion stainless steel downpipe.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Due to being on house arrest for 2 weeks, I decided that I might as well have Robert do a couple other things to my car while he has it. So I bought a Koyo aluminum radiator, and just ordered an HKS cold air intake pipe. I'm not going to use the HKS filter, I'm hoping to fit an Apex'i filter on it (worried about clearance due to flushmount headlights).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Guess I need a new fuel pump, damn! Yet another excuse to upgrade :D Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump. I'm also having some of the wiring tucked in the engine bay for a cleaner look. Here's a sneak peak at my engine bay. Funny thing is, all I wanted was to get the motor swapped in. Here I am now with over $800 in upgraded parts alone for what started out as a straight swap from my 90 to my 87 :biglaugh: .

Last edited:

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I need a new digicam, any donations? lol

But yeah, since I have extra time, I'll be seeing if I can clean up some things and have it come out nice.

You are on your own for the interior.

If you wanted an FMIC kit though, now would be the perfect time!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I figured as much on the interior. The dash that's in there is only temporary anyways. The only part in that interior besides the guage cluster that's staying is the passenger seat and the spare tire cover (which needs to be replaced:nono: ) Trust me, if I had it in my budget, I'd be doing a hell of a lot more than a FMIC.

Adam

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I already have some piping that was made before that is spare. I can probably work out a payment plan with you on the FMIC.

I have a few more goodies on the shelf too, I might as well just put them all on this car LOL.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
gtsfirefighter said:
Huh? What?

I'm an Active Duty Marine. I got NJP'd (Non-Judicial Punishment) on Friday. 2 weeks restriction.

935motorsports said:
I already have some piping that was made before that is spare. I can probably work out a payment plan with you on the FMIC.

I have a few more goodies on the shelf too, I might as well just put them all on this car LOL.

PM what I would be looking at price wise for the FMIC.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I finally got the car that has my interior in it back to my barracks. The interior is immaculate. I didn't realize it, but I have some really nice and rare OEM parts. These include the rear storage area compartment covers and a mint condition factory jack, bag, and 2 handles. I'll get more pictures hopefully tomorrow.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
No, these are completely new ones. The old setup had a fiberglass box with a polycarbonate top and 55w H3's and angel eyes. My new setup has a polycarbonate box with lexan top and 55w H7 projectors. Cost me about 3 times as much as the original setup. My old setup is now in Florida actually.

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I also got in my stereo system the other day. And I decided to not be lost again with a new Magellan Meistro 3100 GPS unit.

Pioneer DEH-P3900MP head unit

1000w boss amp (on the left)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Performance Technique 5x7's

sm_photo_missing.jpg

2 Audiobahn 12" dual 4ohm subs in custom bandpass box with plexiglass front cover and multi-colored LED's inside.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just sealed the deal on a barely used set of Tein Flex adjustable coilovers. My friend is using them on his 88 1J until I get my car back. Soon as I get my car back, we're swapping suspension. He's currently riding around with his stock size wheels and tires tucked about an inch inside the fender well. I'm going to keep it so the top of the tread is flush with the fender well (not tucked in, but right at the limit where the tires would start to be tucked in). I'll get pictures when I get the car back as it is, and during photo's if I remember. Especially after photos.

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Since my friend is selling his 88 1J, I'm also taking the short throw shifter from him. Very nice shifter, MKI brand. Very smooth, not notchy at all and great throw. I've also started to build new storage area container covers out of good wood. I'm thinking of painting them glossy black. I've also started to build a Supra stick, even though I have perfect condition struts that work. I actually found this in the trash at the wood shop I work at, so I repaired the chunk that was missing, and now it's time to finish sanding it, then paint it. It's over 22" long. Probably going to have it laser engraved with MKIII SUPRA on it. The upper left part of the wrench where it is light all of a sudden is my repair I made. It will be invisable when painted over.

Adam

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got some white primer spray paint and silver spray paint, along with some 220/320/400/600 grit sand paper, to paint the rear storage area compartent covers and my Supra Stick. Put on the first coat of primer, now the silver. Once this coat is dry, I'll wet sand it until it's smooth, then put a couple more coats of silver and wetsand it again to make it shine.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Robert and I worked on my car for 11 solid hours yesterday. I drove it home. We got the starting issue fixed (bad ignitor), then started work on everything else. I swapped the suspsension and adjusted it, swapped shifters, swapped gauge clusters, and fought (and gave up) with the Grant steering wheel. I gave up on the Grant steering wheel and got a Sparco Manzo wheel from Robert that is black and has the yellow leather drifting line at the top. Robert swapped steering wheels, ignitors, brake pedals, and fuel pumps. He also worked on the wiring and fixed the brakes.

Now, before any of you jokers start making fun of my ride height because I have the ability to drop my car to the frame if I want, consider this. I don't have to fear speed bumps or driveways (although I do need to adjust the front end up a little because I scraped tonight). Also keep in mind that my suspension is still stiff as hell. Next step is to install the interior. Now, on with the pics. The steering wheel pic is off of Sparco's site, although mine is black on black (probably blue because I'm color blind).

I will get more pics and video up when Robert gets a chance to send them.

Adam