on way to work

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Found it intersting that the Corvette guy was pulling it with Toyota. Won't be the last puzzling thing I will see I am sure.
p1619083_1.jpg

How fast to have to go for the wing to be usefull? 160ish or higher?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
If that's a race car, then the wing is useful I'm sure. Useless at highway speeds though, if it's just there to look cool.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Funny how nobody noticed that the rear wheels were on the ground and not the front wheels. Unless he pulled the driveshaft (highly doubtful), I suspect he'll have a blown transmission and possibly blown diff.

Isn't a U-Haul full auto transport like $60 to rent for a day?

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
honestabe;1621875 said:
Funny how nobody noticed that the rear wheels were on the ground and not the front wheels. Unless he pulled the driveshaft (highly doubtful), I suspect he'll have a blown transmission and possibly blown diff.

+100 ive seen the results of that happening to a supra when it only went for 100 miles on a uhaul trailer like that.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
honestabe;1621892 said:
And that's exactly why I'll never tow my Supra with any of the wheels on the ground :) Even if the front wheels are on the ground, you still run the risk of body damage since it's lowered.

When I towed my 89, I had to remove my front lip, and it bearly kept from scraping at stock height..

of course it'd be better for a pre 89 as those bumpers are a tiny bit shorter in height, but not by much..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
He was at the track this weekend? Road racing, . Guy don't own a trailer, So a car dolly would be the way I got my Corvette to the track. Only I would have used a mini van to pull my vette.;)

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Correct. C5+ have transaxles. Removing the torque tube gains you nothing. However, not following how having a manual transmission left in neutral will cause it to blow. Same situation as leaving the car in neutral and coasting on the highway.