New aero for car but cant decide- Opinions?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
So I need a front bumper for the shop car. Thing is I got Erebuni sides and rear bumper cover and cant decide to go w/ the Demon style front bumper or Evo style. I'm leaning towards the Evo style due to the large intercooler mouth and big Evo fog light holes that can be used for ducting. But it curves up in the middle and I wanted to use a splitter and that would create an unsightly and unfunctional gap there. Enter the Demon. Not my preference but the bumper is level so the splitter would act how its supposed to act. If this was yours, what would you do?

Old pics of the car w/ the Erebuni kit
l_dd8b454f0cff453ca552463401d5a2ac.jpg

l_11e08cfa689e4156aed6024cca3160d9.jpg

Evo bumper
p1537873_1.jpg

Demon bumper
p1537873_2.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
How about the kaze front? Seems like it would flow with the sides and rear pretty well. If not I vote demon.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Gah. I don't like when people call replica's of parts something different. The "Demon" is a Do-luck knock off. I'll tell you what, a do-luck knock off is 100x better then a dedicated ebay front bumper ( Evo ). Take a look at who buys those ebays Evo bumpers as well...

If you want something way different then most people here, and IMO it looks good:
http://www.onthebeat.co.jp/aero.htm

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
rtrdpenguin;1537910 said:
ugh please no...

I'll be using the On The Beat front bumper with the 89+ "nose" cut off hah. I don't care about what the community thinks of my car's looks, it's my car.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
SupraOfDoom;1537903 said:
The "Demon" is a Do-luck knock off. I'll tell you what, a do-luck knock off is 100x better then a dedicated ebay front bumper ( Evo ). Take a look at who buys those ebays Evo bumpers as well...
You mean people like Jawsgear w/ his kick ass drag MKIII? ;)

OK please only opinions on those 2 I dont need any other options. This isnt gonna cost me anything and those are the choices I have. I'm also not picking this for style or because i think bodykits are cool. I want a front bumper that sits lower to prevent as much air front entering the bottom of the vehicle as possible and that has large openings to get huge airflow across the intercooler/oil cooler/radiator.

I was thinking the Demon would serve my purposes best and match the rest of the Erebuni decently. But sometimes when I stare at them endlessly the Evo ends up looking like is has larger apertures than the Demon

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
Personally i would go with a Bomex.
But like you said you have those two as options.
I would Probly lean towards the Evo even though i'm not a huge fan of crazy bumpers.
I think the Evo is a smoother-looking bumper then the Demon.

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
I swear the evo looks better. But those sides and rear addon are terrible you should just ship them to me, so i can uh, make sure theyre disposed of...

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
mickgarvey;1538134 said:
I swear the evo looks better. But those sides and rear addon are terrible you should just ship them to me, so i can uh, make sure theyre disposed of...
Are you talking about the Erebuni ones I have or the Evo's?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
rodel;1538294 said:
I would get neither, but if you really must get one, I vote for the Demon
I would prefer the GRacer style front, but yeah, thats not an option. Hey I see you have the Demon or Do Luck or whatever rear add ons. Did you make that rear diffuser or adapt it from another vehicle or is it sort of a universal one?

Mk3runner;1538302 said:
between the two, I choose Demon.
Its looking like it may be the demon after all

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grimsta;1538324 said:
I would prefer the GRacer style front, but yeah, thats not an option. Hey I see you have the Demon or Do Luck or whatever rear add ons. Did you make that rear diffuser or adapt it from another vehicle or is it sort of a universal one?

Its looking like it may be the demon after all

You want the Gracer bumper, the replica is readily available through Shine. $300 + $145 shipping. Why isn't it an option? (If you want a used authentic gracer, the one that Shine used for making the replicas is for sale. $400 shipped)

I have Ablug rear add-ons (Shine replica).

The rear diffuser is also by Shine . We have a group buy going on. http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...aris-Style)-Rear-Diffuser-by-Shineautoproject

Last edited: