New aero for car but cant decide- Opinions?

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Demon out of those two, But I'd go with shine if I had the opportunity, the GRacer style front bumper is Very aggressive and has plenty of intake openings but Modest enough to not look ricey. I've always thought the "EVO" bumper looked kinda silly, Even more so when a Supra has the rally lights in the space provided, just IMO but if I couldn't go with the GRacer or the stock with a Lip or even that beautiful new S2 Replica I wouldn't go with a new one at all. :icon_razz

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
Grimsta;1538277 said:
Are you talking about the Erebuni ones I have or the Evo's?

Whatever ones you have on in the pic, I think they are the Erebuni ones, Ive always been a fan of the lines like that. I think the supra pulls it off nicely.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah the Gracer one is nice. I would actually want that one, but its not an option. We're bascially being given one of these 2 sooooo thats the choice

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
SupraTrey;1539474 said:
Demon. Call me biast.

T
Judging by your sig pic, thats the angle I was looking for. it DOES have am much bigger "mouth" for air. Demon it is. Thanks for your opinions guys!

mickgarvey;1539332 said:
Where can you get that erebuni kit anyway? Id be so deprssed if its really expensive :(
I'm not sure if you can. I found mine sitting on a car in the junkyard randomly, lol

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
WTF! Shouldnt have told me that! I swear no junkyards around here even have supras I gave up calling once a week after like 6 months of being letdown. Must have got that for a steal then.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Grimsta;1539901 said:
Judging by your sig pic, thats the angle I was looking for. it DOES have am much bigger "mouth" for air. Demon it is. Thanks for your opinions guys!

I'm not sure if you can. I found mine sitting on a car in the junkyard randomly, lol
Actually his is different. He has the Maxx Evo front bumper which actually has a bigger opening then do-luck. Just look at where the bumper support is on the Do-Luck compared to his and you'll see his is a modified Do-Luck ( AKA the Maxx Evo ). Trey actually has the mold for it as well.

That reminds me. The company you get your "Demon" front bumpers from actually sells the Do-luck replica, but they have some pictures with the Maxx Evo front. Kinda miss-leading at times. For example. The silver car in the "Demon" picture is actually using a Maxx Evo bumper. That is NOT the bumper you will get. That is onebad7m's car. You will get one that looks like this instead ( IIRC ):
p1542041_1.jpg

Notice how you have room for a turbo a duct? With Trey's and onebad7m's you do not.

Last edited:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
mickgarvey;1541876 said:
WTF! Shouldnt have told me that! I swear no junkyards around here even have supras I gave up calling once a week after like 6 months of being letdown. Must have got that for a steal then.
ha ha, yeah $60 for the skirts and rear cover

SupraOfDoom;1542041 said:
Actually his is different. He has the Maxx Evo front bumper which actually has a bigger opening then do-luck. Just look at where the bumper support is on the Do-Luck compared to his and you'll see his is a modified Do-Luck ( AKA the Maxx Evo ). Trey actually has the mold for it as well.

That reminds me. The company you get your "Demon" front bumpers from actually sells the Do-luck replica, but they have some pictures with the Maxx Evo front. Kinda miss-leading at times. For example. The silver car in the "Demon" picture is actually using a Maxx Evo bumper. That is NOT the bumper you will get. That is onebad7m's car. You will get one that looks like this instead ( IIRC ):
p1542176_1.jpg
That is so gay, what do you mean by mold? As in he makes the Maxx Evo, or he chopped and modified his Do Luck to have a larger aperture? I can modify my Demon bumper for a larger aperture and then have my body guy reinforce it w/ fiberglass to before paint. Not a problem. Do Luck replica it is. Thanks!

Notice how you have room for a turbo a duct? With Trey's and onebad7m's you do not.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
You put your text inside the quote :p.

He has the mold for the maxx evo bumper. I don't know the entire story anymore but basically someone took a do-luck, modified it, and made a new mold for a larger mouth. Lots of people used to have it. It's been along time since they days of the Maxx Evo though... so it's hard to remember all the details about it. Trey has the actual mold for the large mouth version ( the maxx evo ). Some how he ended up with it... or he had something to do with it being made in the first place. You'll have to ask him.

Comparison #2

Do-Luck:

p1542181_1.jpg

Maxx Evo:

p1542181_2.jpg

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah, i actually read up on the whole thing on Supraforums after I searched. The Maxx Evo is FTW. Treys front is a modified Do Luck actually (which is the same thing pretty much) I will do the Demon and modify it, but I might leave the opening just a little smaller because the way it goes all the way up to the middle part of the bumper would make it really easy to snap there.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Drake69;1542495 said:
They must perform better or something, being that low to the ground. They certainly open up the front for airflow.
Yeah thats the goal. The closer a front bumper is to the ground the less air enters underneath the vehicle and less aerodynamic lift is created. Add a splitter to break the leading edge adds front downforce and diverts the air up to the intercooler/oil cooler/radiator, and the rear diffuser that i'm adding, and under carriage covers also reduces lift

burlguy

Jul 29, 2006
Northern Ca
Grimsta;1542703 said:
Yeah thats the goal. The closer a front bumper is to the ground the less air enters underneath the vehicle and less aerodynamic lift is created. Add a splitter to break the leading edge adds front downforce and diverts the air up to the intercooler/oil cooler/radiator, and the rear diffuser that i'm adding, and under carriage covers also reduces lift

Somebody is getting serious. Any plans on breaking the speed record from Santa Rosa to the ocean? From 101-128 to the coast.

I have heard 45 min from SR to highway 1 Navaro bridge. 1 hour from SR to Fort Bragg in a Corvette. All of these being unconfimed.

My best while trying to stay civil from FB to SR is 1 hr 40 min, and this was slowing down in all the speed traps with traffic.