Need help with 1.5jz build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just got through cleaning my car up and Vonda cleaned hers as well. We're going to the track tonight to make a few runs. Hopefully we can get them recorded and post them up later.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I"m only running 17psi and she's running 14 psi, so their won't be any real streaks but it will be some supra on supra action...........:naughty:

If I don't hook up, she beats me. If I hook up, I win. For the record, if somehow I happen to lose to her tonight, it's because I let her win.............:biglaugh:

she knows I wouldn't let her win on purpose for anything.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Jay,
I'm scheduled at Blake's for Tue morn at 10 I know it's early for you ,but the earlier the better for me... Um I imagine for some f^@*#ed up reason or another I'll be there till afternoon...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll see what I can do to make it Mike. I'm hoping to have something for the guys to do without me, so hopefully I can make it.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
suprahero;1064432 said:
I'll see what I can do to make it Mike. I'm hoping to have something for the guys to do without me, so hopefully I can make it.

just get me a plane ticket and ill have your car running by tomorrow.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My car is running good, but Mike's having problems with his stinger harness. I think Aaron has fixed it though.

I just got back from the track. On my first pass I had a 1.85 60' and then it never went in to another gear........ever. I had to drive it home with no clutch. I'm sick of clutch problems, so I'm either going with a twin disc or an auto this next time. That's all I have for tonight because I'm not the happiest camper in the woods right now. Good night.
I'll see what Vonda got recorded and post it up tomorrow.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, I was just looking at your thread, but I want a brand new one in the box, because I am tired of dropping my transmission. It kinda worries me that you have one and want to get rid of it.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Hey Jay,
Don't fret... I know ur pissed a lil right now but, you could be like me not running at all... Hopefully that'll all change come Tues.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
That thing should give you all the clamping power your looking for... I kinda wish I had went Super duty, I got a Spec stage II.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not really that pissed right now. It's more like disappointing. I babied the clutch for over five hundred miles with no boost and this is the first time I've gotten on it in first gear since I've had the clutch, and this is how it repays me. I"ve heard of other people welding their clutch to their aluminum flywheel so it's not like I'm the only one to do it, but I had high hopes for last night. I did have a great launch and I think I would have been in the high seven's, but I won't ever know now. Video is uploading right now, but it's a very short video.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Jay, I'd go with the Spec twin disc kit from titan.. those Os Giken / blitz clutches look great but remember they might not include the push/pull kit for your R154 which means there is still another $600 tacked onto that price.

Twin discs are great because they're actually slipable, not my Os Giken quad disc :(

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks guys for the info and help.

Dave, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not thinking about anything.............:sarcasm:

Scott, I was leaning towards the Spec already, but I wanted a second and third opinion.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
We all know you are trying to outdo what Vonda has done with her automatics. What's the score now, I'm thinking you should be at least tied?

I hate to hear it Jay, I really do!

BTW.....Are there any videos of Vonda's car from last night?