Need help with 1.5jz build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yep, turns out I didn't have a boost issue. Turns out my stinger was getting a bad reading from my map sensor. I ordered a GM 3bar map sensor last night. I'll install it and then have it tuned again. I should be good to go.

It sucks thinking about all the time and money I spent trying to fix something that didn't exist.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
What timing were you running with the dyno? Thats about where I thought my car was running with the 67 + cams on the aem. I'll look at my map again tonight, but I think I was running ~ 14* of timing.

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
suprahero;1201572 said:
Yep, turns out I didn't have a boost issue. Turns out my stinger was getting a bad reading from my map sensor. I ordered a GM 3bar map sensor last night. I'll install it and then have it tuned again. I should be good to go.

It sucks thinking about all the time and money I spent trying to fix something that didn't exist.

Well thats good im glad you figgured it out. Hey after midnight go check out my cressida thread and let me know what you think. Photobucket is over its bandwith till tonight at midnight.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tissimo;1201574 said:
What timing were you running with the dyno? Thats about where I thought my car was running with the 67 + cams on the aem. I'll look at my map again tonight, but I think I was running ~ 14* of timing.

Justin, I think it is 15.6.......I'm pretty sure that's what I saw at 17 psi.
I think it drops to the 15 area at about six grand. It's a little bit higher, maybe seventeen at around five grand.