My Car vs 2009 Porsche 997

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
My co-worker’s brother-in-law owns this car. They were talking last week and his brother-in-law said that he’s tired of racing cars that just fade back in to his rear-view mirror.

I’m thinking……well, chyah! You’re driving a MONSTER!!! :)

At any rate, my co-worker set up this race. Here are the car details:

My car:
91 7MGTE. Typical build-up. Produces near 370 whp and weighs 3530 lbs.

My opponent:
2009 AWD Porsche 997. Completely stock. Produces 480 bhp. I found a dyno sheet on one of these and it dyno’d 400 awhp. The curb weight according to Edmonds.com is 3494 lbs.

Here are additional specs: http://www.edmunds.com/used/2008/porsche/911/100968287/specs.html

This is scheduled to go down this Friday night. Cameras WILL be rolling!

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
I think you'll be toast off the line and probably won't gain on him during the race, but in the end I don't think you'll embarass yourself. The 997, even in stock trim, is a serious machine. It has the traction to put down the power, and its got the power to smoke damn near anything on the street. You might hedge your bet a whisker if you ran some street drag tires, but even then, my money would be on the Porsche. VERY much looking forward to seeing that video. Good luck, and be safe.

SG

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Have fun, be careful.... don't make the news!

BTW how much did he pay for his car? In the end, my bet is that you will give him a nice gut check....

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks everyone.

I already know that defeat is in the air; but, how often does one get to run such a formidable opponent! ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ha! Dave, after you and Duane got through with him, he'd probably go sell his car! :)

Well, I do have a method of beating him. Install that meth kit I have sitting on the shelf. I've got two days to get it installed! :biglaugh:

Like others have pointed out, I will likely not be able to catch him from a dig. However, from a roll...it'll be a little closer...

If we end up with a camera man, we'll for sure make him ride in the Porsche! ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Who says the Porsche owner can drive the Porsche though? Plenty of us Supra guys can't drag race to save our lives, but others do just fine. Just remember that if he hasn't destroyed you by 3rd gear, you're in a good position to win. :)

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Hey Kenny - I meant to ask when we were talking the other day... What are the parameters of the race? Flat, straight, curves, how far etc, what are you using to start race (Is Rich showing up for his famous arm drop lol)? At what time will you guys back-off and call the winner?