My Car vs 2009 Porsche 997

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
i think with the meth kit and race gas you will have a great chance, alot of 76 station have 100 octane:)

either way good luck and turn the boost up! we all look forward to the show........

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
te72;1636006 said:
Who says the Porsche owner can drive the Porsche though? Plenty of us Supra guys can't drag race to save our lives, but others do just fine. Just remember that if he hasn't destroyed you by 3rd gear, you're in a good position to win. :)

I think it can be assumed that Porsche includes enough features to make any driver look good. German traction control is pretty darn amazing, and just having AWD provides a level of traction stability that negates a majority of driver error...especially in a drag launch scenario.

SG

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Can’t wait to see this go down! As others posted the type of race will dictate a lot. If I were you I would try to do it at a roll to improve your chances. I hope you smoke him but not sure if that is in the cards. However, I don’t believe you will embarrass yourself and that in itself is saying something going up against a car like that.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
gottadiesel;1636052 said:
Hey Kenny - I meant to ask when we were talking the other day... What are the parameters of the race? Flat, straight, curves, how far etc, what are you using to start race (Is Rich showing up for his famous arm drop lol)? At what time will you guys back-off and call the winner?

That hasn't really been discussed. We're meeting at my buddy's house and he lives two minutes from a 70 mph freeway. I would guess that we'll do some from a dig so he can utilize the AWD grip and then take it to the freeway.

This is one of those cars that I don't mind getting a spanking from! :D

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
I've found a couple more dyno sheets where the car is putting down 365 awhp, and even less torque...depending on the driver....you will have a serious chance of top end race because of your torque advantage IMO...

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
but hey, he might miss a gear like a race I had years ago, my 67 Mustang GT 390 stock vs. 70 Chevelle 396 built to the gills. He missed 2nd, it was all over, lol.
He should've sucked my headlights out.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
mdr40z;1636218 said:
but hey, he might miss a gear like a race I had years ago, my 67 Mustang GT 390 stock vs. 70 Chevelle 396 built to the gills. He missed 2nd, it was all over, lol.
He should've sucked my headlights out.

Was this with pinks on the table? :)

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
Supra0089;1636230 said:
Was this with pinks on the table? :)

No, but we were laughing so hard when we faintly heard the scream of that rat motor behind us
Man, that had to be 1977, I am getting frickin old!

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
mdr40z;1636236 said:
No, but we were laughing so hard when we faintly heard the scream of that rat motor behind us
Man, that had to be 1977, I am getting frickin old!

You're not getting older, it's the world around you getting younger...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
spencyg;1636143 said:
I think it can be assumed that Porsche includes enough features to make any driver look good. German traction control is pretty darn amazing, and just having AWD provides a level of traction stability that negates a majority of driver error...especially in a drag launch scenario.

SG

Damn newer cars eliminating nearly any ounce of skill required by their drivers... Seriously, it's half the reason I have no respect for newer street-rally cars, ZR-1's, GTR's, etc... fucking computer does all the footwork FOR you, where's the fun in owning something like that? :(

Kenny, you really have nothing to lose or prove here though. If you lose, you lost to a 100k+ car. If you win, he lost to a 20 year old TOYOTA.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
He he. Well, fortunately I'm not a guy that HAS to win. :)

I'll run him with the car as it is and when I get the kit installed then I'll arrange for some redemption! ;)