My '90 3E5 Turbo Targa :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supra90turbo;1476420 said:
FT: Tony Mawad went by the screen name TONY! and was an extremely nice guy to talk to. He parted out his supra in supreme fashion with only the dedication and organization that someone with the highest level of OCD can achieve ;)

He went by:

TonyRR
TONY!
Tony Mawad

And is an awesome dude as you said, with a supreme attention to detail for sure!

supra90turbo said:
I'm not selling the car! :D

:Tony The Tiger impression: That's GRRRRRrrrrrreat! [/TTT impression]

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
LMAO Shaeff! yes, I forgot about the TonyRR alias... have you spoken to him recently?
It would be about this time of year that I would pop on AIM and get a message from him wishing merry christmas/happy new year regardless of how long it's been since we talked.

I'm not selling the car, but it is for sale ;)
Gotta come visit first. Upstate NY Roadtrip is in the plans with a buddy of mine that owns a Forester XT. I'll keep you posted :bigthumb:

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
damn if only i had money to get my 7m rebuilt....great car thats crazy how it past threw so many people on mania..cant wait to see it when its done good luck.....

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supra90turbo;1476939 said:
LMAO Shaeff! yes, I forgot about the TonyRR alias... have you spoken to him recently?
It would be about this time of year that I would pop on AIM and get a message from him wishing merry christmas/happy new year regardless of how long it's been since we talked.

I'm not selling the car, but it is for sale ;)
Gotta come visit first. Upstate NY Roadtrip is in the plans with a buddy of mine that owns a Forester XT. I'll keep you posted :bigthumb:

I haven't spoken with him in quite a while, sadly. I did find my mapquest directions to his house in the glove box of my Pickup yesterday though. The date on the bottom was sometime in 2006! Yikes! (My car hasn't run in WAY too long! :()

Sounds good dude, let me know for sure! If it's warm out, I'll have the M3 out of storage!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
FT: Tony Mawad went by the screen name TONY!

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure why I haven't been seeing the updates on this thread tho.

BTW: Your car looks strange with a red front bumper on it.. I'm used to the black ;)

It now has red mud flaps too. I just can't get the damn thing to start, so I can get it out for another picture with them on. I don't like my sig picture so much anymore. The goal is to make the whole car one color.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Whoops, haven't been getting notifications on this post... wonder why, I never opted to! D'oh!

uh, in order:

Loki: Good to see you're still browsing, and, strangely enough, I miss the prank calls late at night from you when you guys are all drunk. hahaha

shaeff: We should track Tony down! It's on. I will certainly be in touch once this thing has plates on it! We can have a mini-meet.

Racer48: I'm only planning to do minor upgrades to the car. I have a slightly larger PTE Intercooler that I plan to plumb in with some 2.5" Hard Pipes as the stock couplers are all split in some way and also use my HKS 3000 pipe.
It already has an upgraded turbo (57 trim) and I just got a Lex AFM, so I may do Lex/550's and SAFC, but I'm really looking for a MAFTPro to simplify things a bit.

The goal for this car is street friendly and mildly modded. I'm not going for crazy HP, fact is, I've been driving a 94 Legacy for the past 5 years so the Supra in stock form was enough to make me giddy.

If I had to put a number on it, 350whp is a *goal* that I can set without trying to go too far into it.

ForcedTorque: Updates? It's too damn cold here! I repainted my windshield cowl satin black Saturday! That's about it... lol

Gonzy: Yea I like it but it's too low. Anyone you know want to buy it?

RPSil13: Thanks! I'll grab some more pics next time I go to the garage. I planned to drop the bilsteins down another .5" and take some pics then anyhow!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Update.

Did a few things, got some rubbing compound for the car, 3E5 sucks. Tried to get rid of the pink on the hatch, mirrors, and targa.
Long story short, it's no good. Needs to be repainted. I have a buddy that says he can bring it back with his buffer, so I'll let him try, not like it can get much worse. lol

Also, today, I began work on the intercooler install.
A few years ago I bought a PTE "medium" IC.
I measured it all up, but now I distinctly remember throwing it away as I was talking to my girlfriend...

So, the measurements from the website are 31 1/2" L x 8" H x 3 1/2" D 2 3/4" inlet/outlet
They use Garrett cores, and have cast endtanks. Very nice quality.
This particular one is rated for 600hp. The pictures make it look small, but thats what I like about this IC. It's not massive, but it'll certainly get the job done as my goals for this car is somewhere in the 350-400rwhp range using the 57 trim CT.

Onward...

I apologize in advance for the poor quality pictures, taken with my LG Vu, and it's only a 2.0mp... I never have the camera when I actually do something... lol

Bumper off, IC mocked up
20if0ar.jpg

Bumper on, IC will tilt back like stock, and fit perfectly.
20f84dw.jpg

RPSil13: I haven't forgotten about you, still have to get the real camera there. If I try my phone in the garage it comes out like crap and you can't see any detail.
Soon though.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Here's some more pics of the rear fenders, as requested by RPSil13:

Left side, looking forward:
fmuhsg.jpg

Left side, looking down:
3451u6c.jpg

Right side:
2wgf7rp.jpg

Looking up, inside the RH wheel well.
2d852k4.jpg

and a little bit o'tire
a4u8so.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Well, I didn't like the fact that the wheels had the same size tires, despite the fact that they are 9" and 10".
The 265's had a nice square profile on the front wheels, while they had a bit of stretch on the rears.

I began looking for some 285's a while ago and finally came up with some locally!
Michelin Pilot Sport 285/35r18. The seller told me they were 80-85% new. When I picked them up, he still said the same thing even though one was brand new and still had the sticker on it. The other one is maybe, MAYBE 90% if not 95%, these are brand new.

I paid $150 for the pair
buttrock.gif

e5s7y1.jpg

2dwd9xs.jpg

25555xt.jpg

243jec3.jpg

2hn1e8w.jpg

Thats all for now.