My '90 3E5 Turbo Targa :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supra90turbo;1412199 said:
HAHA yes indeed shaeff these are your interior panels! Seats are a little beat up back there... lol

Looks like I got myself a little bit of a supramania project car... lol

LOL, that's pretty cool. For more history, if those are indeed my rear panels, they originally came from TONY!'s car (originally Tony Mawad) up in Albany, NY.

I didn't sell Pete the seats, though. Mine were in great shape, so that can't be them!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supra90turbo;1439637 said:
That's awesome Shaeff! I got some of TONY!'s car too?! This car just gets better :D

You sure do! LOL.

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
Very nice find indeed! I was going to hook up my fogs and do the same re-wiring you have on that beauty. Good luck with this :)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Thanks for the kind words, guys. This has been a long time coming and with my other supra on permahold, I really wanted something that I could drive, and this seems to be it. Now if I could only hold on to my license this time around, I'd have it made. haha

Shaeff: I feel so incredibly lucky to own a car that has passed hands through some of the "old school" members, and has parts on it from so many of you that I have gotten to know over the years. Just to know that I have Tony Mawad's interior panels is icing on the cake! The short time I "knew" him, I was very impressed with his manner. He even fires a message at me when I go on AIM after all these years. Can't say enough good about him. This year will be the year I'm gonna take a ride out to NY to visit like I've been saying all these years.

Lewis: I certainly will. I will be around quite often next year and will be happy to take a ride out your way and give you a closer look.

Money: Thank you :) I appreciate it, even though I didn't do them right, I fully intend to make them work perfectly. I really have been lucky with this one.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
That's one amazing Supra you've got! Rims, moldings, color, black leather interior aswell as basically everything is perfect. Wish to one day be able to get my Supra as clean and beautiful as yours!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
scotty;1449420 said:
That's one amazing Supra you've got! Rims, moldings, color, black leather interior aswell as basically everything is perfect. Wish to one day be able to get my Supra as clean and beautiful as yours!

Thanks scotty! It's far from perfect, but that's just me being me. I will improve upon what you see, however.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Nice find!! Love the wheels, since you've rolled your fenders, im guessing you're going to sell the exhaust and then lower it some more?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
akito: That's correct, I was planning to lower it another 1/2" which is what the Bilsteins will allow.

At this point, however, I'm thinking of selling the whole car as is.

I have come across a good deal on a truck that will actually make me money, so I'm trying to cut some loose ends... I dont know that i'm in a hurry to sell it, but if someone offers, I may sell it. I have over $7k into it, and thats not counting the spacers for the front and new tires I plan to buy for the rear. There's plenty of good things about this car that are far too long to list, and very very few bad things. All the car needs is some seat covers and a buff, and it'll be 95%.

Let me know, I guess. This is not an official "for sale" declaration, but everything is for sale for the right price.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supra90turbo;1449410 said:
Shaeff: I feel so incredibly lucky to own a car that has passed hands through some of the "old school" members, and has parts on it from so many of you that I have gotten to know over the years. Just to know that I have Tony Mawad's interior panels is icing on the cake! The short time I "knew" him, I was very impressed with his manner. He even fires a message at me when I go on AIM after all these years. Can't say enough good about him. This year will be the year I'm gonna take a ride out to NY to visit like I've been saying all these years.

You callin' me OLD boy!? :icon_razz You best make it out this way at some point! Otherwise, bad things could happen. I haven't thought of what yet, but... but... but... yeah. Bad stuff.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
At least as "old" as I am, shaeff ;)

I'll make it out there. Upstate NY has been a place I've wanted to visit for quite some time now.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
^Yep, that's the roller I used. Very easy to use, but it's very easy to get carried away. Make sure you have a heat gun handy and an IR Temp Gun wouldn't hurt either, as it's tough to regulate the heat just by feel. Helps to have someone around that's done it before also...

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
sweet i just so happen to have both of those things, i have a couple spare cars to practice on.

maybe have a fender rolling meet in the summer lol. we can do your subie. :biglaugh:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I don't dare do the subie, some rust repair has been performed and if I crack it, i'd die.

I'm down for a fender rolling meet though. lol... had quite a few this past summer, actually.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Umm.........Who is Tony Mawad? I'm not placing name with screen name.

Kurt - I hate to see you talking about selling this car so soon. You seem to be very excited over it, and it is very nice. What type truck are you talking about to make money? Are you a trucker, or are you talking about flipping it for a profit?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
FT: Tony Mawad went by the screen name TONY! and was an extremely nice guy to talk to. He parted out his supra in supreme fashion with only the dedication and organization that someone with the highest level of OCD can achieve ;)

I'm not selling the car! :D
It is for sale, however, as anything is for the right price. We had a Dodge Ram 3500 2wd cummins 6spd dually traded in here at the dealership that I work at that would have made the perfect truck to haul a 3 car wedge with so I put everything "for sale" to see what would happen.
It was not meant to be, though as they were asking too much and it was a 2007.5 with 120k on it...

BTW: Your car looks strange with a red front bumper on it.. I'm used to the black ;)