Mounting FMIC

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
So if the weather holds up this weekend and tropical storm Dolly clears out by then, I should be getting around to mounting my FMIC. What I wanted to know is what did your brackets look like and where to the car did you guys attach the brackets to to hold up the IC? Pics would be cool. Thanks in advance.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1086489_1.jpg

p1086489_2.jpg

p1086489_3.jpg

Cut out the bumper and then boxed it back in. Welded tabs to the boxed in section and bolted the IC directly to it.

Seth

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Lucy had the same thing as Sethron when I got her. Cut bumper, drill and mount IC directly to it. However that made the IC hang too low so I took a piece of flat bar and made it shaped something like:

____l---------------------l____

raisning the IC a couple inches.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
Do you have to buy 2 pack products from proper paint stores, I wasn't able to find it at the local hardware store last time I was there?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yep and the shit is VERY toxic so extreme car needs to be taken using it!

I was painting my 240z many years ago and a bud walked in to have a look, he hit the floor and another friend dragged him out into the fresh air (I was in the middle of a metallic coat so couldn't stop)

Turns out he only has 1 lung and it almost killed him!

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
Thanks, you mean proper respirator? or just outside in a very very well ventilated area? I want to go grab some now for when my IC arrives!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Really needs to be a full fresh air system but a good respirator with the very best elements they make will do if it's a well ventilated area.

Make sure you have NO exposed skin I mean 100% covered, I wear a balaclava and safety goggles, gloves and overalls when painting with it.

MA70_Powa

Boost Addict
Jun 17, 2007
Tasmania
well I just saw mine mounted up last night finally and it fits perfect without any cutting required.. I'll take a pic once I get my car going (should be by sunday :D)

BTW I painted my FMIC black too but just used some brake caliper paint... seems fine to me :)

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
MA70_Powa;1087129 said:
BTW I painted my FMIC black too but just used some brake caliper paint... seems fine to me :)

Let me know how that works out, because I've been thinking about powdercoating or painting my IC black, but didn't know what method to use.

Ian, Jake, sethron - Is it necessary to cut the support bar to mount an IC of that size? Mine's nearly the same dimension but it's 1" thinner. 24"x12"x3"

Starscream - Is your drawing supposed to be a view of the IC head-on or is it a side view? Is "space" the actual core or is it space space?