Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Hey all, Some good news for once! She runs! In fact she runs awesome! I dont even have the SAFCII hooked up and the motor is sweet. She sounds wicked, the A/F ratios are within range (could use a dyno tune though for sure), and the engine temps are right where they should be. The oil pressure is now perfectly normal, and I feel really comfortable in her. When the turbo kicks in its "hang on for dear life" time!

tomorrow I need to put the interior back together, give her a good bath
and sort out some really minor details. Right now I feel real confident in her and think that with a little tuning Im going to break the 400hp mark.

Im going to hold off making any decisions on her for this week and get a few miles on her before I claim triumph, but its looking reall good right now!

I want to take this moment to thank those of you who keept on me and kept giving encouragement in my darkest hours. You guys are the best and to be 100% honest I dont think I would have gotten to this point alive if it werent for you all! SO, THANKS!

That is all for now.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
Hey all, Some good news for once! She runs! In fact she runs awesome! I dont even have the SAFCII hooked up and the motor is sweet. She sounds wicked, the A/F ratios are within range (could use a dyno tune though for sure), and the engine temps are right where they should be. The oil pressure is now perfectly normal, and I feel really comfortable in her. When the turbo kicks in its "hang on for dear life" time!

tomorrow I need to put the interior back together, give her a good bath
and sort out some really minor details. Right now I feel real confident in her and think that with a little tuning Im going to break the 400hp mark.

Im going to hold off making any decisions on her for this week and get a few miles on her before I claim triumph, but its looking reall good right now!

I want to take this moment to thank those of you who keept on me and kept giving encouragement in my darkest hours. You guys are the best and to be 100% honest I dont think I would have gotten to this point alive if it werent for you all! SO, THANKS!

That is all for now.
FUCKIN FINALLY!
JEEEEEZ
:)
I'm happy you're finally happy with your car.
I hope this *MIGHT* convince you to keep her.
If it does, I told you so! Once you got it running and felt the turbo spool and boost, you'd love her. ;)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
kylefoto said:
FUCKIN FINALLY!
JEEEEEZ

I feel exactly the same!

All I can say is that its been a test in patience and will. For now Im keeping her, but if the right buyer comes along with the right amount of money...she will have to be sacrificed.

However, if all goes well for the next couple of wekks I may in fact drive her back to Oregon. Its all so up in the air, but I can say this. My mood changed immediately upon hearing her spool to only 10pounds and blow off. I cant wait to be able to try 20lbs! :naughty:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
This is GREAT News Pete!!!!!!

I hope you can keep it going, and have a long happy life with that car. You did all the work, you shold get to enjoy it a bit.

And don't you ever forget, you will always have freinds and (at least) moral support here at Supramania. I was deeply touched with the support I received, when I felt totally lost after losing my grey car.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
w00t! Sounds great that you finally have her up and running! I gotta hear this thing in person.

hey pete, a couple of the other non-supra Toyota guys are trying to get a meet together if you're willing to bring Lucy and hang with us. There'll be a TRD (shorter gearings, higher redline (i think) and a couple of other things) edition '99 Celica GT attending.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
AWESOME news dude, congrats.

you really deserved to have this thing running, i'm glad things finally came together.

now we need to take a ride in it, :] hah

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
I feel exactly the same!

All I can say is that its been a test in patience and will. For now Im keeping her, but if the right buyer comes along with the right amount of money...she will have to be sacrificed.

However, if all goes well for the next couple of wekks I may in fact drive her back to Oregon. Its all so up in the air, but I can say this. My mood changed immediately upon hearing her spool to only 10pounds and blow off. I cant wait to be able to try 20lbs! :naughty:
Woot!
Let me know when you're coming up man!
Hopefully to move back I'm assuming?

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
hahah, you called me when ya had it running.. Sounds NICE! Now lets go to a meet :D Ya need to show me what a 400hp supra feels like too :D

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Hey Pete congrats on getting it running, Glad you sttuck with it.:evil2:

Hey Pete step away from the car for a day or two to regain your thoughts, And remember quiters never win and winners never quit

theWeezL said:
Fuck that, easy for you to say nt being here. Ive put blood, sweat and tears into this fucking car and still the little gremlins keep haunting me. I think if you were me you would feel exactly the same. There is only so much I can do. My biggest regret is not sticking to my original plans and staying NA. My first car was in seriuos need of a rebuild, but it just didnt have the gremlins this one does.

Its worth what Im asking for it in parts alone. I hope maybe someone with better luck or more mechanical skill than me can find a use for it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
mattjk said:
::w00t:: ::w00t:: ::w00t:: :ttiwwp:

OK, here ya go!

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy3.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy4.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy5.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy6.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/NewLucy7.jpg

and if anyone wants one for a desktop here is a little bigger one of #5

http://home.comcast.net/~theweezl/lucy1280.jpg

She runs pretty good considering I havent tuned her at all. She has this obnoxious stumble just off idle, and it makes it real hard to get off the line. Also my intercooler couplers and clamps were temporary so they keep blowing off when it hits about 10lbs. I was planning on getting new couplers and clamps and having my pipes beaded or rolled. She now has about 50 miles on her and it only keeps getting better. I would like it if I were running a tad cooler as well as she creeps up to 205 in heavy traffic. Im gonna flush the system and put a little water wetter in it. Im also goiing to hardwire the aux fans to a switch so I can run em all the time in traffic.

Right now Im just enjoying having wheels again and Im trying to keep my foot off the gas. I really need to get some miles on her so I can get a tune.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
johnathan1 said:
WOW! Your attitude sure changed fast. ;) Told ya so!

Not really. I still plan to sell her. I just want to enjoy driving her for a little while after all the trouble I went through. I also need to get some break in miles on her.

Im not sure if I will try to sell her here in Houston or wait until I get back to the NW, but either way, Im still selling her.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Thanks Justin.

So, I discovered that worm clamps + unbeaded pipes = boost leaks.
Well, not exactly discovered it, more like reaffirmed it. I bought this set as a temp to figure out the routing and not screw up the good stuff, but kinda spent money I didnt think I would need to *coughtransmissioncough* so I gotta order some new couplers and clamps *coughdriftmotioncough*

excuse me...I seem to have a bug in my throat, lol.

But even at low boost Lucy feels incredible. Ive limited myself to about 6lbs via the boost controller, and she feels noticably stronger than the old CT did. Still sorting out a couple bugs, but I passed the 100 mile mark today. Oil change coming tomorrow. Im also going to start cycling out the trans fluid in favor of something better.

Anyone have any opinions on auto tranny fluids? Im thinking maybe Redline? Were talking about a stock A340 with shimmed acumulators and slight line pressure increase. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.