Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Thanks for the support you guys! I was beginning to think I was persona non grata around here. No one wants to post in my thread except me, lol.

I just got back from my fab guys with a tight radius elbow to make my downpipe. Im gonna fab that up today. That will only leave the remainder of the IC piping, and hooking up electronics and she will be ready to try to start.

I better be running by Monday or Im screwed.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
Thanks for the support you guys! I was beginning to think I was persona non grata around here. No one wants to post in my thread except me, lol.

I just got back from my fab guys with a tight radius elbow to make my downpipe. Im gonna fab that up today. That will only leave the remainder of the IC piping, and hooking up electronics and she will be ready to try to start.

I better be running by Monday or Im screwed.
I know how that is,
No one barely ever comments my build thread, when I actually have something to put in there.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
kylefoto said:
I know how that is,
No one barely ever comments my build thread, when I actually have something to put in there.
Looking good Weezl ,I hope all goes good so you make it for monday. I know how nobody posting in my thread too so i just qiut posting in my thread too, Just to see how many pages back it will go, Its back 4 pages now. LOL

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah, everyone is hangin out in Suprahero's thread. At least...all the cool people :aigo:

:cry:

Top half of the DP is done with my O2 bungs in it. Just gotta marry it to the HKS knockoff DP and its all good.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
Yeah, everyone is hangin out in Suprahero's thread. At least...all the cool people :aigo:

:cry:

Top half of the DP is done with my O2 bungs in it. Just gotta marry it to the HKS knockoff DP and its all good.
Pretty much,
I don't even bother to try and keep up with that thread, there's too much haha.

Pictures of the DP, NOW!
:)

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
right on weez

we seem to be doing oposites, when your car runs i take my apart lol,

yeah i spent 4 some odd hours workin on my in the rain. it really slows you down when your not tring to lay in a puddle,.

any ways, mines sitting in there ready to come out for the 5spd just got to cold and wet to finish today :nono:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Taking a break from Hero's thread to catch up on my 3E5 brother's thread. I have to say I'm super impressed with all the fabrication........I'm so jealous........I can't even build a good paper airplane. Speed Dodici's hood is awesome! Screw the no copying idea, I want one of those if I ever get out of this hole I'm in. But the 3E5 dash is not doing it for me....Sorry.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ForcedTorque said:
... But the 3E5 dash is not doing it for me....Sorry.

Yeah, I think its because the red is so overpowering. Some of the lighter and also some of the darker cars seem to do well with color matched dashes. I will likely change it when I have time. Its pretty low on the priority list right now. If it doesnt contribute to putting the car on the road, its getting put off 'till later.

I got the DP mostly teogether. I need to finish a few welds, but I can do that tomorrow.

Ya know how when you have been bashing your head against something all day and start making stupid mistakes? Well I pushed myself about 1 hour too long tonight, and ended up ruining a perfectly good mandrel bent 90* pipe and now I pretty much have to start over on my pre-IC pipe. :3d_frown:

and I just caught myself stareing blankly at the screen. Time for some food and a hot shower.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
theWeezL said:
Ya know how when you have been bashing your head against something all day and start making stupid mistakes?

:boink: When I start getting where I know throwing stuff is in the near future.....break time!:)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well I didnt get to throwing stuff but I did kick some boxes...Im sooooo fucking pissed off right now, I just wanna scream or cry or put both barrels of a shotgun in my mouth. :aigo:

I thought I was down to the last couple of vacuum lines and I would be starting it. This was at around 5PM today. Right now at 10PM, the turbo and manifold is sitting on the floor, the wastegate is apart, all the exhaust studs are out of the head, and Im just so disgusted I dont even wanna think about it...all that for ONE VACUUM LINE!

Fuck this shit. What I wouldnt give for a beer and a smoke right now :3d_frown:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Don't give in pete! Remember, building cars is always like this. Just take a deep breath, relax, and either take some time off to regroup or clear your mind, shake it off and just get it done.

I know you know all this, because you've said it to me as well.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well it just sucks that I was literally 1 vac line from starting it, but that one line had to go into the wastegate, and the fitting was butted up against the motor mount. I couldnt take just the wastegate out. Its was too tight to get to the nuts. After struggling with the gate for a couple of hours, I resigned myself to having to take the turbo off.

In the end Im kinda glad I did. I had the dipstick tube in all wierd and it was kinda pinching the Oil pressure gauge line. So I can sort both those items out tomorrow, put it all back together (should go faster the second time), and still make my deadline of Monday.

Im just mad 'cause I was so close and had victory snatched away from me. Im under alot of pressure right now, and extra aggravation with this car is not what I need.

On top of that I was supposed to get some Ebay auctions listed tonight that should net me enough to afford the move to TX, and I got so caught up I didnt get em up. Bah, now I have to run them as 5 day auctions. Anyone out there a home audio buff? Need some TaraLabs cables? lol

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
I know how it is weez.
Same deal with mine when I got it all together, had a leak because I didn't replace the injector seals, and they were cracked, and it sounded like a huggggggge vacuum leak and I couldn't figure it out. Then I had some help, and we figured it out, and I was kicking myself in the ass as I took everything back off to replace them.
You'll get through it okay buddy, you're almost there!
Now lets see some pictures!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.