Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well after taking the cams out and seeing the journals on the cams, it didnt take an expert to figure out they were junk (I'll try to get a pic tomorrow). So I gave KevinM a call and worked out a deal for his already prepped head. Match ported and polished and ready to drop on, it saves me a ton of time and headache. The good thing is I can start putting my motor back together a lot sooner, which is critical now. I have a total of 13 days left to be ready to move 2700 miles.

Updates tomorrow, after I actually make some progress.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
mustangman05 said:
i am in love with that hood man!!!! how did you do your fogs paint or the real deal??? i was looking to do mine tommarow

thanks
BJ

The fogs were painted, and quite poorly I might add, by the previous owner. I have since stripped the paint off of them taking them back to clear/white. I much prefer it that way.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Just a teaser of the progress...

dash1.jpg

I was already told it was a bit over the top, and beginning to look ricey, but for now I like it and its really no big deal to paint it again, so for now it stays.

But now that I have the interior back together for the most part I finally got going under the hood and started putting stuff back together today. The head is on, cams in, timing belt lined up, CPS in and preliminary timing is set. I got started on putting the wiring back together but didnt get very far before I ran out of energy and light. Tomorrow I plan on polishing my valve covers and I should be able to get to the point of at least firing it off once by tomorrow late, but I still have alot of wiring and plumbing to do (SAFC, PRofec, Turbo timer).

Im gettin' there...
http://home.comcast.net/~kthaney/dash1.jpg

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
theWeezL said:
I was already told it was a bit over the top, and beginning to look ricey, but for now I like it and its really no big deal to paint it again, so for now it stays.

oh oh oh oh oh it was me that said that!! :p

But who am i to talk? My interior looks like fucking shit.:1zhelp:

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Glad to see you're making progress Weez.
I'm gunna have to agree with speed, a little over the top, red is a little brighter. Maybe a flat black would look better?
Just my .02.
but hey, props to you for something different and custom! I commend you my friend!

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i like it, but i think i would rap mine in cf, or paint it gun metal or some thing,

i think our car has a fighter style cockpit in it :biglaugh:

anyways looks great!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ok, Im too tired to do much other than post this picture of the progress...

finalstages.jpg

Need a couple of fittings for my FPR, have to put the pump in the tank, rework the intercooler pipes, do final work on bolting the turbo down, and still have a bunch of wiring and a little plumbing to do. Once its running I have to take it to get the DP reworked. Should be done by Monday or Tuesday.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
sick very , ...

i remember asking you when you where finaly gona go turbo when we checked out that parts car, you were set with a depenble driver.. now look at you! your dreams have been boosted!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
What can I say, the sickness hit me. Im still looking for a dependable driver. Just one that is capable of over 400hp lol.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
WOW, you sure kick ass for an old dude:yelrotflm

That's looking amazing Weezl, I can't wait to see it in person. Good luck with all of the final details. I put in 10 hours today and I am still WAY BEHIND on my TX2K7 projects..............

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah, its taking its toll on me. I didnt get up until late today and it was pretty much dark before I even started anything today. I managed to make my T4 spacer though. It turned out pretty good for an amature welder.

My V-band flange seems to have gotten lost in the mail. The confirmation says its been delivered...but not to me. Well thats 15 bucks down the drain.

The weather has been the biggest factor slowing me down. A couple days ago we had a big hail storm, and its been cold and rainy all week. Im finding it harder to get up and get moving when its nasty out.

Im down to the details now pretty much. If I can have one GOOD day of work I think I can be done and ready to fire it up. But I think Im going to take a day off tomorrow, sleep in, let myself heal up a bit then push hard on Monday to get it all done. Im missing some parts right now so I can really finish it up until Tuesday at the earliest anyway.

Here is the spacer I made:

t4spacer.jpg

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
Yeah, its taking its toll on me. I didnt get up until late today and it was pretty much dark before I even started anything today. I managed to make my T4 spacer though. It turned out pretty good for an amature welder.

My V-band flange seems to have gotten lost in the mail. The confirmation says its been delivered...but not to me. Well thats 15 bucks down the drain.

The weather has been the biggest factor slowing me down. A couple days ago we had a big hail storm, and its been cold and rainy all week. Im finding it harder to get up and get moving when its nasty out.

Im down to the details now pretty much. If I can have one GOOD day of work I think I can be done and ready to fire it up. But I think Im going to take a day off tomorrow, sleep in, let myself heal up a bit then push hard on Monday to get it all done. Im missing some parts right now so I can really finish it up until Tuesday at the earliest anyway.

Here is the spacer I made:

t4spacer.jpg
Sweet!
Looks nice Weez.
I know how it is with the weather.
It doesn't give me much motivation at all to work on things when it's rainy and cold out like it has been.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ohh god, seeing the weather report makes me want to turn off the alarm, pull the covers over my head and not get up for another week. Supposed to rain all week! :cry:

I really need to finish this crap up...Its really beginning to get on my nerves.

Im beginning to think Im not gonna make Texas...

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
theWeezL said:
Ohh god, seeing the weather report makes me want to turn off the alarm, pull the covers over my head and not get up for another week. Supposed to rain all week! :cry:

I really need to finish this crap up...Its really beginning to get on my nerves.

ya could get it done here in Houston.. been really nice lately.. sunny, slight breeze at 75 degrees :D

Great progress on your car so far though..

Spacer looks pretty nice! (in my opinion)

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
theWeezL said:

What kind of nonsense is that, NOT GONNA MAKE IT TO TEXAS? This trip is exactly what you need to get you out of that funk you're feeling, work it out bro, make it happen, never give up!

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
I agree with ^^^^

Just do what I did when it was raining.. Cover it all up with a damn tarp if you are outside... :rofl:

Good luck man!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, more bad news. The Water temp sensor I ordered and paid overnight shipping on....is the wrong one. There is another $45 down the drain, plus whatever it costs me to get the right one here...:3d_frown:

Last night my temporary cover blew over. Leaving a little damage on my car, but more importantly everything open to the elements. Everything is soaking wet, including a few power tools. I was really hoping to make some progress today, but now the best I can hope for is just getting cleaned up out there. :cry:

My sister heard it happen, and left for school 3 hours ago, but didnt bother to tell me when I could have actually done something about it. Now its absolutely pouring down rain out there.

Another Day...shot to hell.

Evening update: I got the cover fixed and tied down, I dont think thats gonna happen again. I actually made a little progress today after I dried everything out and got some sembelance of order. I got the oil lines to the turbo worked out and installed. I also figured out the initial IC pipe off the turbo (that was kicking my butt, and I still dont have a pressure source port), I relocated my PS reservior successfully. I dont know what the hell I was thinking, as I found the ECU temp sensor locally for less than $21. Im getting real close to buttoning up under the hood and just connecting up all the electronics.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
YAY!

beforeafter.jpg

Still have some finishing touches, and Im waiting on a few parts still. But the vast majority of the work is done. Im still down to the wire, but I may make it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.