Losing Interest

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hell no, those are some of the best looking wheels out there!

I find most people lose interest when the car is no longer fun (and comfortable) to DRIVE. It's a car, if it doesn't bring pleasure from all the hard work into it, it's not living up to it's worth in your mind.

Get it tuned, get A/C back in it if needed (what is the point of a luxury GT car without the greatest luxury of mankind?), and fix anything that annoys you. If the suspension is driving you nuts, get the parts from a parts car, refurbish them to your standards and then swap em. Sell the old stuff as I'm sure someone would jump at having a full nylon bushing set...

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
Real talk, some people just get grow tired of entry level sports cars. The guy I got my Supra from was going into Porsches and Lotuses, old man cars.

One day you'll look around and realize you're too old to be hanging out at the clubs. Or be too old to be shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch. Or too old to be having room mates.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
csr ma71;1118881 said:
Real talk, some people just get grow tired of entry level sports cars. The guy I got my Supra from was going into Porsches and Lotuses, old man cars.

One day you'll look around and realize you're too old to be hanging out at the clubs. Or be too old to be shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch. Or too old to be having room mates.

All this is not a bad thing. I see it as progress and evolution, and I take a great pleasure from spending time with my family. It's just another phase in life. A good one. Its much more rewarding.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
suprahero;1118737 said:
IJ's HIRING CRITERIA

1. Must know the Motec inside out and backwards.
2. Must be able to hold camera steady while doing 4g's.
3. Must be very very flexible.
4. Must be able to suck a golfball through a garden hose.
5. Must not repeat the phrase "It's an exit only"
6. Must know how to detail a car immaculately.
7. Must be open to girl on girl action.
8. Bigger is not always better..........ooops sorry that one is one of mine.

I better not see any grumpy replies today IJ! I'm watching you!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I don't have issues with the wife and the car anymore... well, sometimes. She's become the voice of "reason". I told her quite some time back all the reasons I should keep the car and I suppose I did too good of a job.

While she doesn't like it when I borrow someone's garage for an afternoon and I'm gone all day, she gets all on my case when I talk seriously about getting something else... "but the car just runs better and better", "you would just have to learn how work on the next thing", "you've already done so much of the big stuff, would you really want to risk having to spend that much time and money over again on another car?", "at least with this car I know you'll still be able to get home if it breaks down on the road".... yada, yada, yada.

Sometimes I think I shoulda kept my mouth shut. :icon_razz

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
I was in an accident last Thursday that completely destroyed my daily driver and sent my passenger and I to the hospital. When we were released and went to see what was left of the car my first thought was "Thank God we're alive, that was close!" My next thought was "Thank God that wasn't the Supra I don't know what I would do!"

There are times I get tired of working on it, and it pains me to think how much money I've put into it, but there has never been a time when I was tired of driving it. Every upgrade makes it more mine and every downshift puts a smile on my face. Even when she's pissing me off and eating my money I know I would always regret it if I sold her.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ZoomZoomZoom;1118919 said:
I better not see any grumpy replies today IJ! I'm watching you!

ROFL!

now see...IJ goes off and its a "grumpy reply"...I go off and its a week off! It must be the aussie charm!

:sarcasm:

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Poodles;1119218 said:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=836518&postcount=22

Nylon bushings don't have any ability to give like the stock bushings, so the arm is then the weakest link.

I'd personally never use em on my car as only a few of the bushings truely rotate on only one axis.

I'm actually on my third set of control arms from Toyota, stock bushing never even held up to regular driving (this was ages ago, like 2002). I find that hard to believe that those arms ended up like that in the link you provided. Maybe rust and being very old??

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Boosted Supra;1119258 said:
I'm actually on my third set of control arms from Toyota, stock bushing never even held up to regular driving (this was ages ago, like 2002). I find that hard to believe that those arms ended up like that in the link you provided. Maybe rust and being very old??

I'd have to guess that's more an installation error than the stock bushes not up to the job Manny.

If you tighten the arms with the suspension unloaded then drop it on the ground it will tear the centres out of the rubber.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Wiisass was sterny AGAINST them as the way that arm moves it has to have some give in the bushings to twist or the next weakest thing gives, usually the arm. That's not the only failure of that arm with those bushings that I've seen...

Here's one of the posts from Wiisass, trying to find the long discussion that was about how the arms all moved...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=912181&postcount=17

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Poodles;1119353 said:
Wiisass was sterny AGAINST them as the way that arm moves it has to have some give in the bushings to twist or the next weakest thing gives, usually the arm. That's not the only failure of that arm with those bushings that I've seen...

Here's one of the posts from Wiisass, trying to find the long discussion that was about how the arms all moved...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=912181&postcount=17

umm interesting, guess I look under the car and look for anything that he mentions. This will be a good way to tell that all cars are different (and driving styles) cause I had my bushings since 2003. It's been to canada twice and seen harsh cornering.