Losing Interest

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
For sometime now I've been slowly losing interest in my car, it's been sitting in the garage almost all summer (due to hot weather and not having AC). For the first time in a long time I took her out for a drive to get a wheel alignment. She felt great but I can't boost due to not having her tuned. I get a lot of stares which make makes me feel good but my supra is just not doing it for me anymore. Maybe it's the lack of boost? Who knows?

I'm at a point in my life where I want something more comfortable like a E46 M3. Is it just me or do any of yall feel this way sometimes?

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
I feel this way sometimes too, but usually in the winter months. I can't say I've had that feeling this summer though. I've always looked forward to driving it.

Change is good, so an M3 would be a nice choice!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Heh, I lost interest a long time ago. As a new owner I had those occasional, but infrequent, moments of weariness or disenchantment... these days it's generally the opposite. I bitch about and think about dumping my car more often that I think about what I'm going to do next.

I have my swings where I like it, but I'm even at the point now that I know I'll be sick of it again in a week.

The #1 reason I stick with it... it's the devil I know. I can't afford a new car and any other used car will be just another thing to learn. At least with this car if I break down on the side of the road I can rest assured that 99% of the time I'll be driving it home within an hour.

Right now I'm actually feeling positive about my car... could ya tell?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
I actually feel the same way as you. Sometimes when my car is giving me alot of mechanical problems or im dumping way to much money into it, I just feel like selling it and buying something more reliable. But all that really changes when the cars is running 100% good, the feeling i get when boosting and knowing that its running great makes me want to keep it and not sell it. And right now at this time im actually getting into modding it, so I feel like it would be a waste if I just sold it like that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Go ahead, get a new car if you want one. But you will kick yourself over and over if you have to sell your car to do it. What are you driving while it just sits in the garage? Most new cars are going to be that much of a drop off from a Supra as whatever it is you have now. Trade that car in on something else, and keep the Supra for those times you would be kicking yourself. PM me your e-mail address, so if your mind doesn't drive you nuts, I can even if you aren't hanging around here.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
you have such a nice example of mk3 and yet I can see why you might not be to fond of it right now. Whats a supra without boost? And no A/C is a mistake I see lots of people do and just dont understand it if you live in a hot place. I mean, if you live in the south, put A/C back in....or move to the NW, lol. I dont have working A/C in my mk2 and I only really wish I had it a few days out of the year.

With A/C and boost it will seem like a new car to you.

To be honest, Ive said it before and I still believe it, ITS JUST A CAR PEOPLE! Its easier to replace than you might think. I can think of several cars that I would own with just as much enthusiasm. Some peoples almost fanatical devotion to this car is scary sometimes. There is a whole bright world of cars out there folks. It really is good to experience more than one slice of the pie.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Doward;1116706 said:
More comfortable than the Supra? Um... have you no stock seats or something??

actually i have the jza70 bilstein suspension with the jza70 seats with whiteline swaybars and mines pretty rough to ride in ..lol but i too have days where i want to sell it and just keep my turbo cressida just due to the fact compared to the cressida grande it feels more outdated than just a few years.But in the end its nice to have both so thats the way it will stay until i cant afford it:biglaugh:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I think many of us feel this way sometimes, especially when there is down time. I bought a 05 GTO a couple of years ago and I'm glad I never sold the supra. The GTO was great but I still liked the supra too much to sell. Insteaad I sold the GTO which was still worth a lot of money. I'm actually thinking about buying a C6 corvette now, but I still won't sell the supra.

My advise for boostedsupra: Buy the M3, but DO NOT sell the supra or its parts. You will just lose money..There is no market for our cars. You might get tired of the rough ride, and fuel consumption of the M3 and decide to sell it. And not lose too much money.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I haven't had my car on the road since 2004...so I can sympathize. Put it on the backburner, do a little work on it here and there, and start driving it again when your interest comes back (there is a good chance it will).

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yea not feeling the full potential of it sucks...i can only boost a certain amount at a retarded timing only because its not tuned. Also need small things done and not having power steering sucks also...even tho i do want to get that fixed also...so i understand where your comming from...plus the lexus is looking like a winner everyday ;)

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I feel it to . The sup is broken more then fixed . But she is running great right not and I have been geeting alot done and am happy with it right now
Last Knock session I almost traded her in on a shitty mk4 and a sc400 but never did just went and got a 2000 black on black solara as a DD and just let the supra sit for a few months maybe you should just get a cheaper dd and let the supra sit for a while

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hmm...2jz?...Don't give a fuck what other people think about it...financially stable...getting married soon...house on the way...in college...and yep....wouldn't sell my supra if it was the last thing in the world.
Advice, buy a car that you like, and keep the supra as a sunday cruiser.

Cause the supra will come back and bite you in the ass when you least expect it...AKA your gonna wanna drive it again.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Mine's been on jacks tands for nearly two years. My daily driver was a '94 Toyota 4x4 pickup, with the 22re, 5-speed. (slooooooowww).

When I start losing interest, I buy another sweet part for the Supra, usually something rare. Then I think to myself... man, I can't sell this thing off now, I have way too many cool parts! LOL.

That being said, I just picked up a new daily driver, a '95 BMW M3, Cosmos/Black leather, 5 pseed, and an absolute blast to drive daily. This car will hold me over until I get the Supra done, which, who knows how long that'll be?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
shaeff;1116757 said:
When I start losing interest, I buy another sweet part for the Supra, usually something rare.

it is like you read my mind...either buy something rare, or make a one-off part for something...

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
I think it might be the age thing. Since i reached a certain age i started looking at those M3s more and more. When i was younger nobody could tell me shit about my car, it was the coolest thing i ever seen and it made me feel that way. Now every time I see an Aston Martin pass by or an M3 I don't feel so good about my car and even if raced these guys and won i don't think it would make me feel better.