Losing Interest

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Pernilongo;1116783 said:
I think it might be the age thing. Since i reached a certain age i started looking at those M3s more and more. When i was younger nobody could tell me shit about my car, it was the coolest thing i ever seen and it made me feel that way. Now every time I see an Aston Martin pass by or an M3 I don't feel so good about my car and even if raced these guys and won i don't think it would make me feel better.

yeah i know how you feel, everytime i see a lotus exige sport...but i suppose theres always going to be something more appealing but at the end of the day you just have to be happy with what you got.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
I had this same thing, blew a 2jz just after getting it all done and then built it, still had problems and has been parked for about 11 months now. I work on the Supra from time to time but as I get older life has more importand things. I got a 04 G35 Sedan Sport with a 6spd to drive daily, I would not go back now.

Jeremy

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
IJ.;1116851 said:
A good remedy for this is to go for a ride in a fast car and think "how does my Supra compare"

I did this...the answer was poorly. I think I am nearing the time when I choose to sell my car.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
IJ.;1116851 said:
A good remedy for this is to go for a ride in a fast car and think "how does my Supra compare"

I test drove a 2003 Cobra and 6 liter GTO prior to buying another supra.

Great handling and powerful cars. It just wasn't a supra.

I the GTO is overrated and the Cobra had plastic everwhere and I was afraid i was gonna punch the dash. ;)

Manny: Go get the sucker tuned. A Supra without boost is just another toyota. (Sorry NA Guys, but why?)

But, i have considered a E46 M3, and a few other cars.

But the supra makes me happy. It has been on jackstands for a while too.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I know it sounds silly, but get the body work done on it (if not already). A new paint job and boom, its a real attention getter. I get lots of comments on my car and I've had it back for only a coupla weeks.

Yea, mine's pretty stock, but so what? I had a late model TA try to leave me behind on a curvy country road last week (HA!), and today I had a new RX8 try to leave me at a stoplight. Had to let off the gas to keep me from rear-ending him. Yea, my car is 18 yrs old, but it looks as good as or better than most modern cars. Its really unique.

Just don't go out and buy a mustang, eclipse or a 350z. Geez, they are EVERYWHERE!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have those feelings often. When everything works I love the car, when something is leaking or broken I get pissed and want it gone. Sad truth of it is, if I sold it I know I would want it back within a week.

I am so deep into this car with parts, money, and time it would be foolish to let it go. Keep it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
The car is already his weekend warrior not his DD. If your toys arent any fun anymore, its time for new toys. For what you can probably get for the supra (tuned and running right... or parted out :aigo:) you could chose between any number of interesting possibilites.

heres a fun excercise: set a budget that you think you can get out of the supra (I have no idea on your car, 10k?) and plug that in as a max price on craigslist in the major cities around you and see what tickles your fancy.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
ZoomZoomZoom;1116865 said:
I know it sounds silly, but get the body work done on it (if not already). A new paint job and boom, its a real attention getter.

Exterior10.jpg

Exterior7.jpg

Engine3.JPG

Ummm Dude, Manny is a couple steps ahead of you. :love:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
csr ma71;1116910 said:
I don't know about you, but I'm turning heads when I step outside, turning heads when I'm in my ride, I make those girls look twice, because they see my money right.

nutkick.gif

and Zum, Zoom is a chick :boobies:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
csr ma71;1116910 said:
I don't know about you, but I'm turning heads when I step outside, turning heads when I'm in my ride, I make those girls look twice, because they see my money right.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I bet you drive a NA supra on 20's and go to sideshows bumpin' The Pack. See Post 29 and compare your supra to his.

Pete: haha, didn't know. :D

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
if you ever get tired of the MK3 you could always try to go to an MK4 :)

Once Im out of college I will have both sitting in my garage, a super red 5spd turbo and a RR 6spd turbo

But I really have yet to have a day that i dislike owning this car. It has been dead nuts reliable, has done countless donuts and powerslides, and even has spent some time on a road course this summer. Its a great combination of speed, reliability, comfort and looks for me.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
csr ma71;1116910 said:

hahahah..Ivan .... I lnow how close you work to the flaming crowd lol haha:biglaugh::biglaugh:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm with you, I'm slowly losing interest also.. mainly because.. like you said, it's summer and I have no A/C.

It's really making me want a Lexus.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
I've driven a 700rwhp MKIV (felt good but nah) but for some reason I love the MK3 body, so purchasing a MKIV is highly unlikely.

My other DD is a 2004 Nissan Altima, it does it's job. I guess I feel that I want an E46 M3 is because I drove my cousin's one. It's fast, comfortable and very smooth but not as rough as my old sqeaky MK3.

Yo Ant, I will tune with you guys whenever the day is set, maybe then I'll enjoy the car. I drove my car at 14psi making like 375rwhp, man that shit was slow.

My goal this summer was to race my cousin S'charged Viper and his Lambo Murcielago, never got a chance because this stupid car isn't tuned.

I'm running AEM EMS hopefully to break my current record on VPC/AFC