LF-A Supra

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Get it in production and mock one up on a car. I agree with you and think it
looks great. The rear defuser could be made to accept one single pipe and the
triangle would still be intact. I would buy one now if available, besides that
might be as close as I could get to my dream car unless I hit the lottery.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Zerocool;1101062 said:
I agree with these three gentlemen!

IMO if it's not for a supra then it doesn't need to be on a supra...

Please read my quote below.

Supraholics;1100784 said:
This is pretty much a Do-luck rear with pipes in the middle, but much better looking ;)

You have to look past my cheap photochop and actually fit the bumper design into the MKIII. Believe me, it fits the lines quite good.

The diffuser can be made into one piece with the exhaust pipes where ever you want them...

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Supraholics;1100580 said:
You guys really think this rear bumper is ugly?

[thumb]http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/detroit/112_2007_detroit_auto_show_944z+Lexus_LF-A_concept+rear_passenger_side_view.jpg[/thumb]

A widebody with this bumper would be quite interesting as well I think. In this case, if used with a stock car, the bumper would be designed to fit a stock car.

I think is just that I'm bad at photochopping :biglaugh:

Miguel I think that car is sex (pretty sure thats the lingo these days). It perfect on a 2009 car. The rear end on the ls460 is :love:
lexus_ls460_fabulous_back.jpg

I can't say for sure how everyone else feels about your build, but I'm sold on everything you've done thus far. If you like the rear look go for it. It will sure be a sight. I just hope it's not a sight that brings tears to my eye's.:cry: I't would be a shame to end up on this thread.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66374&highlight=worst+trainwrecks

If they where to make a rear end that got rid of our mudflaps, which don't cover a decent sized rear wheel, and came around w/muffler in correct location that was blended in like modern trend that would be pretty cool!!

I wouldn't change anything on this benz. Even the cheesy wheels. Just as I don't think the mk3 needs any real changes.
p1101171_1.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
No worries George, my car will NOT end up there, and thanks for the kind words. :biglaugh:

This is not something I'm looking to do in the near future; I just haven't been able to find an attractive, well designed rear bumper for a modded MKIII and figured I would get some opinions.

I think that bumper, when properly fitted to a MKIII will look killer... I can probably fix the photochop a little, but that won't help much.

All I can say is "IF" I ever decided to make something like this it will definitely compliment the rest of the car well and will be finished to my build's standards...

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
i think it looks pretty good, but the problem is the front of the car doens't flow because it would need something more modern as well.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I'd rock it if the three tips were smoothed out into the rest of the bumper, and the exhaust came out on both sides (where those openings are). As is, no go for me.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Move the exhaust back to the left, singled and don't integrate it into the bumper. The touch of red on your trim makes your car unique enough. :bigthumb:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
No way on the exhaust. A lot of the lines are way too 'swoopy' for the MKIII. Personally tho, I like the overall idea. The day I get to making a rear diffuser for my car, it will actually very similar to that.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
With a widebody and some 345's on the back for some meat to fill it out... I don't think anyone would argue with you about it being badass :D